BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea (carling Cup)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'd be better off losing and getting knocked out of the carling cup on Weds??? Due to the amount of games we have got to play already......

nah. i've paid for my ticket and want us to progress.

youngsters and squad players will probably be used, so it'll be a useful excercise - regardless of the result.

i totally agree and said the same thing when we got drawn against them

that i hope we get knocked out if we are still in the uefa

and alas we are, so lets put out some youngsters and lose:) but id take a win but carry on playing youngsters

Edited by SAS

I think we should aim to win all our games, but we definately have to rest some of our first team players for this game. I think quite a few players looked very tired against Bolton..

Here's my team for wednesday.

Friedel

Emerton - Ooijer - Zurab - Neill

Gallagher - Mokoena - Tugay - Peter

Roberts - Jeffers

Savage was a doubt before the notlob match and looked tired before he was replaced by Mokoena. Tugay should also be rested but then we might have to play Gally in centre, Emerton on right wing, Neill on right back and Gray on left back...

although its highly unlikely that Hughesy will do so many changes I expect a few of them. He has said so many times that he will have to use his squad this season, and on wednesday its time to rest some players..

btw Gamst is NOT rested, but axed from the team :P

I think we can still put out a strongish side with key players given a rest. For example:

Jeffers       Roberts

Peter     Mokoena    Tugay?     Gallagher

Gray       Ooijer     Zurab   Emerton

Friedal

While probably not good enough to beat Chelsea it is still a pretty solid lineup. Peter, Jeffers, Mokoena and Gallagher particularly should get an opportunity to put pressure on the first teamers.

The bigest problem is, as Savage has picked up another knock, we are terribly thin at CM. Tugay clearly needs a rest but if Reid and Sav are both unfit we literally have no one to partner the axe apart from the Turk. I suppose Bentley could do a makeshift job...

Edited by joey_big_nose

this is my team for wednesday because i think we shouldnt try and win the cup involves two many games we should rest the first team players and play

brown

neil todd ooijer McEvely

mokoena

bentley peter

gallagher

jeffers roberts

this is my team for wednesday because i think we shouldnt try and win the cup involves two many games we should rest the first team players and play

brown

neil todd ooijer McEvely

mokoena

bentley peter

gallagher

jeffers roberts

probably not a bad shout for the starting 11 on wednesday. no matter what team chelsea have on wednesday, it is gonna be one that will look capable of winning the premiership anyway. for me this is a very important game and we should under no circumstance go out to lose the match, bearing in mind our invovlment in the uefa cup.

i say this because it is a chance for the lesser likes to really show sparky and the coaching staff what they can do against the top teams in england, thus giving us an even stronger first choice 11.

I was hoping a good result against Bolton would allow me to enjoy this game regardless of result.

However, we have to be very careful we don't get into a lsoing habit considering the tough fixtures we have coming up.

Having said that I would be tempted to go with a line up that looks something like

Brown

Emerton

Todd

Ooijer

Gray

Peter (LM/RM)

Mokoena (CM)

Bentley (CM)

Pedersen (LM/RM) or Gallagher

Roberts

Jeffers

If we are going to use our squad this year then we must use it in games like this one.

Edited by Martin

Sounds alright to me that Martin.

Personally I want us to go as far as we can in all competitions. I know we'll end up playing lots of games (and it'll cost us a lot more money) but the further we go the better.

I heard this morning also that Sav was out for 3 weeks too. Not sure where the guy at work heard that though. Iv not seen anything about it to be honest.

Id like to see Axe, Peter and Roberts given a chance. And maybe also Gray or McEveley at left back.

no matter what team chelsea have on wednesday, it is gonna be one that will look capable of winning the premiership anyway.

Not sure about that. I think it was end of last season when Chelsea came to EP and put out a much changed side which looked a million miles from winning the PL.

for me this is a very important game and we should under no circumstance go out to lose the match, bearing in mind our invovlment in the uefa cup.

i say this because it is a chance for the lesser likes to really show sparky and the coaching staff what they can do against the top teams in england, thus giving us an even stronger first choice 11.

Quite agree. We need to win every game. Right now we have as much chance of winning the UEFA cup as the Carling so we must go for a win.

I heard this morning also that Sav was out for 3 weeks too. Not sure where the guy at work heard that though. Iv not seen anything about it to be honest.

Id like to see Axe, Peter and Roberts given a chance. And maybe also Gray or McEveley at left back.

On Radio Lancs this morning - said he would definitely be missing the West HAm game because of suspension re his yellow card yesterday being his fith - but nothing else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.