BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa V Rovers

Ricky

We had 5 first teamers out but there is no excuses for Gray being caught out of position every time and Mokoena f***** about with it when there are 2 players on you. Idiot!!

We need to sign some players and get our injured players back asap or we'll be in a relegation scrap.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tris, i've only seen it live and those wre my thoughts at the time. i'll get back to you when i've seen it again.

as for gray being a scapegoat, he has made himself one with rank bad performances.

They gave us two replays on the big screen!!

Disagree on Gray. I've been to 8 out of the last 10 games and all of them since Emerton has been out of the back four.

Without doubt Emerton is missed, but Gray has been adequate at worst - he's been competent. At West Ham and Villa Park - positively energetic.

Someone even posted the other day he looks overweight and unfit. He's certainly not out of shape and his match fitness has improved with each game he's played in this run.

They gave us two replays on the big screen!!

Disagree on Gray. I've been to 8 out of the last 10 games and all of them since Emerton has been out of the back four.

Without doubt Emerton is missed, but Gray has been adequate at worst - he's been competent. At West Ham and Villa Park - positively energetic.

Someone even posted the other day he looks overweight and unfit. He's certainly not out of shape and his match fitness has improved with each game he's played in this run.

This is getting scary. Again I agree 100%

For all the great things Mark Hughes has achieved for us the blame has to lie fairly and squarely at his door. Not for the way we play, not for our fitness or tactics but for the fact he never got adequate cover in central midfield before the transfer window closed.

At that stage Steven Reid was injured and although we weren't sure of the severity of the injury it should've highlighted the problems we would face should Savage get injured too. It was sod's law that he would and now the problem has come home to roost.

There's no-one else in the squad who can do the job of either the aforementioned and as our game is based on pressure and setting the tempo we are struggling at the moment. Bentley and Tugay can't play together because neither of them can win the ball and Mokoena, for all his limitations is, well very limited (and that's being kind to him).

He obviously has more faith in Mokoena than most people on here do.

Anyway whilst we are hampered by relativley long term injuries to some of our 'big' players, we really need to adopt a 4-5-1 system and rekindle the 'dogs of war' attitude on our travels imo.

Agree, Mokoena in a 4-4-2 just doesn't work too well and he just can't do the job of Savage. Perhaps bring back Benni to be our attacking midfielder and have Nonda up front? Crowd the midfield and make it harder for teams to play - certainly away from home. Benni seems to have to keep coming back for the ball anyway, just start him further back and he should have more space to run into.

I'd have said Roberts would be our best option up front in a 4-5-1 but alas he won't be back before Savage it seems.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just a sidenote, how many fouls did McCann get away with?! He should have been in the book inside 20 minutes. Fouling somebody every two minutes was his sole contribution to the game - he's a terrible footballer, christ knows how he gets in ahead of Steven Davis.

the penalty decision is detracting from a poor display. yes we were pretty comfortable before it's award, but we were as woeful as our travelling support (only me and 299 others braved it).

there was a real lack of creativity and guile. everyone knows villa's defence are nt in the air, but we persisted in lumping long, high balls into their box.

our full-backs have been shocking over the past few wks (gray must take some of the blame for villa's 2nd. the pass to zurab was never on) and our lack of depth in centre midfield is starting to show and without sav and reid we look very weak.

with tough games coming up, we are in danger of dropping down the league.

the slide needs to be stopped and fast. the question is.... how ????

i was one of the 299, wish I wasnt now though :lol:

Oh right so i cant have my say because i live in Brighton?? God with attitudes like that, nowonder Rovers are lacking in supporters across the UK?!?!

:wstu::wstu::wstu::wstu:

Its my fault that the people of Blackburn choose not to watch the Rovers and that you come on a message board and talk utter drivel?

Bloody hell, my influence does go far and wide.

Regarding Europe...after the Feyernoord match we will only have one Uefa Cup game in almost the next three months and hopefully that one (against Nancy) will have seen us already qualified. So there will be plenty of time to concentrate on the league and there will still, hopefully, be the knockout stages in Europe to look forward to as well.

It's not an easy juggling act but at least it makes the season far more interesting.

The best thing about yesterdays trip to Villa Park was discovering the dodgy off licence close to the away end sold that Polish 5.6% beer.

:tu:

Zywiec

I saw that shop, didnt go in it though, went in the cap and gown and got charged 2 quid for the privlage and the beer was @#/? and tasted watered down :angry:

I saw the penalty decision, terrible, terrible decision. OOyah tried his best to pull his arm AWAY, loooked to me like th eball hit him on the front of his shoulder/chest.

A player trying to play fairly gets punished, sad init.

Keep the faith we will turn it around.

PS, Rover the Moon, give it up mate.

Edited by USABlue

Get Gray and the Axe out of the side Sparky please they are let down and cause us more problems with them in our side then our bloody oppostion

It's about time Hughes just holds his hands up and say they are not up to prem standard

Edited by gazsimm

Interesting how you have complete morons saying stuff like:

Are you going to go and play on a motorway somewhere?

Preferably in the fast lane.

And then you have others backing him up and adding there insults... There i was thinking this was a football messageboard?!?! Oh how wrong was i?!

Edited by Rover The Moon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.