BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

When you have following of drunk idiots is when you get trouble. It's not unavoidable. Just drink less and grow up.

its rememberance day, in memory of the people who stopped the nazi`s taking over

no excuse at all

anyway, considering our squad i thought we played very well, and could have easily walked away with a point, man utd didnt impress me

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that was disappointing were his finishes, the first one afer the break and the second when he beat two men, did the hard work then smashed it wide.

Thanks for your well balanced posts, always appreciated on here. Aside from all the usual Ronaldo stuff, which I can't be bothered with personally, I feel, as did the Utd fan I took to the game (hangs head in shame) that he still lacks maturity. Yes he was doing great things out on the wing but far too often the final ball was wasted, either through a poor shot or a poor ball into the box. It looked dangerous but lacked any real danger to us and I felt there was an over-reliance on getting the ball out wide to him when there were often other possibilities.

Having said that, you have a great team which should be champions come May.

1.) sorry for being ignorant, but i was wondering who the minute's silence was for? couldnt find information about this elsewhere so i thought i'd ask you.

I'm not so sure it is as ignorant as has been suggested. I took part in the two minutes silence at 11.00am Saturday - 11th hour, 11th day, 11th month etc. There was then another minute's silence at 11.00am Sunday, which is actually Rememberance Day, I sometimes wonder if we over do these things. My lads wanted to know why we had another silence before the football.

Interesting take by the Guardian on the differing reactions to Ronaldo from differing parts of Ewood. You could say the division is reflected in the posts on this thread as well.

From an English football point of view, it is good to see that there is a real threat to Chelski and it is coming from a team that plays exhilerating football. When Ferguson signed Vidic and Evra blowing all his Glazered pocket money, I was rather puzzled but it has to be said they are excellent acquisitions which are giving a platform for the consistently brilliant performances the Mancs are producing. Now Chelsea have a real threat (and Arsenal will be in the mix for the title as well), it will be interesting to see Mourinho under pressure.

The huge differences for the Mancs this season are:

- Scholes back to something like his best

- the fluidity Saha gives compared with RvN

- above all the renaissance of Ryan Giggs who is playing better than he has done for at least five seasons.

In Arsenal, the Mancs and Chelsea, the EPL probably have three of the four best club sides in the world at the moment.

Good posts by YSB.

its rememberance day, in memory of the people who stopped the nazi`s taking over

no excuse at all

It is remembering the soldiers who died in both wars, but its not just the soldiers who 'kept the nazi's from taking over'.

Rememberence Day is to mark the signing of the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 at the end of the 1st World War - Need i point out the Nazi's didnt even exist back then??

It was originally named Armistice day but renamed Rememberence Day for ALL the soldiers who have died during wars...

:rover:

Agreed, philipl, good post.

The other differences were:

Rio not playing in midfield

Bentley wasting opportunities (Had Bert stolen his Mrs or something?)

Our CH's missing free headers in their box

Rooney missing his chances

Us not having Savage and/or Reid (We saw less of the ball, no one drove on from MF) (Also Miss the Admiral)

Us not having Roberts (Jeffers didn't appear to make Vidic cack himself TBH)

Vidic and Evra looked solid, no nonsense & efficient

Saha is far more a threat than RVN ever was.

Also add into the mix that Carrick cost considerably more than our entire squad you could say the gap between the top 2 (and it is 2 now) and the rest is widening and show's no sign of narrowing.

p.s. Utd play much better football than Chelski, however, Chelski are ruthlessly efficient IMHO, let's hope for a different league winner though.

Edited by daveoftherovers

Coming back to Ronaldo, what I think his major weakness is the quality of his crosses/passes into the box. Time after time he gets into a good position, but then appears to have forgotten that the main point of his job is to pick out someone else on his team. If he were to improve on this, he could become an amazing player.

Walking up Bolton Road after the match, there was a small group of fans singing in support of Ronaldo and against the supporters of England. These might be commonly sung songs but I have not heard them before. Oh, and none of our fans took their fans on.

Us not having Roberts (Jeffers didn't appear to make Vidic cack himself TBH)

I don't think 8 mins is enough to do much to be fair. My one criticism of sparky is that imo he leaves his substitutions too late once it is obvious that certain players are not in good form on the day.

Aside from all the usual Ronaldo stuff, which I can't be bothered with personally, I feel, as did the Utd fan I took to the game (hangs head in shame) that he still lacks maturity. Yes he was doing great things out on the wing but far too often the final ball was wasted, either through a poor shot or a poor ball into the box. It looked dangerous but lacked any real danger to us and I felt there was an over-reliance on getting the ball out wide to him when there were often other possibilities.

He wouldn't spend too long on our bench Paul.

When Ferguson signed Vidic and Evra blowing all his Glazered pocket money, I was rather puzzled but it has to be said they are excellent acquisitions which are giving a platform for the consistently brilliant performances the Mancs are producing. Now Chelsea have a real threat (and Arsenal will be in the mix for the title as well), it will be interesting to see Mourinho under pressure.

The huge differences for the Mancs this season are:

- Scholes back to something like his best

- the fluidity Saha gives compared with RvN

- above all the renaissance of Ryan Giggs who is playing better than he has done for at least five seasons.

MU need a quality back up for Saha (costly) and Tugay (sod all) and the title is theirs.

He didn't fake any injury and is a doubt for Portugals game Wednesday due to the foul late in the game. He was signalling to come off when the ball broke to him and he tried to play on but unfortunately had to come off.

Managed to sprint half the pitch again though with the ball didn't he before coming off though YSB <_<

Not one that was calling him as I thought he also had an excellent game (and season so far), but his previous antics go before him and have set precedence and he he did 'fall over' a few times towards the BB End.

Personally, I enjoyed the match and I was more worried with our shortcomings rather than the defeat -was it just me or could the weather have downed the noise somewhat but the UTD fans didn't seem as noisy as previous times.

Overall, as others have said looks like Utd have got the makings of the Utd of ' Old' and are far more enjoyable to watch than Chelski.

Ronaldo might be a sneaky cheat but he is already an excellent player and is just getting better. If we had someone who could take on and beat players like he constantly does he would be a legend. Despite the skill, it's also very funny for some reason to see him getting kicked!

Somehow I can't see MGP going on one of those runs like Ronaldo! :D

Should be a much better title race this year, United and Arsenal are both keeping up with Chelsea, whereas in the previous two seasons the league had more or less been won by New Year.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

i didn't hold out much hope from the game, but i was a little disappointed by the end.

i thought we coped pretty well with utd until Saha bagged his usual goal. ever since jeff kenna fell asleep in a lge cup-tie, v Newcastle, he's banged them in. his ewood goal ratio is staggering. if only we could sign him up !

interrupting the silence was a disgrace. from what i could hear; one guy shouted for everyone to be quite /

"shut the ... up" and then arguments broke out. interruptions are usually blamed on late-comers entering the ground, but not on this occasion. it wasn't as bad as the Leeds fans disrespecting matt busby's silence, but it wasn't far off.

on mr ronaldo - if he had a decent final ball, or pass, he'd be up there with the best of them. his antics are infuriating, but his talent cant be ignored.

the linesman in the 2nd half (riverside) seemed to be star-struck by the men in red shirts. he should've paid more attention to the real star of the show -.... tugay!

we've been dragged into a dog-fight, but i think we'll escape from the doldrums soon enough.

however, a 6th place finish looks out of the question.

it's necessary for some fans to lower their expectations, back to a normal level., - for the time being at least.

Im not too dissapointed with the result on Saturday. Blackburn had a few good chances and just couldn't capitalize on them. MGP hit the post, and McCarthy had a header opportunity and a one timer from Tugay that just wasn't on target. Things that angered me slightly was united trying to get a penalty in the box by diving, good on the ref for spotting that, though in situtaions like that perhaps it would be best to charge the diver with an offense to shut up the united fans. Poor defense was some of the cause for the united goal but all in all I think Rovers had a good chance of coming up on top.

Haven't been too impressed with nonda yet, hope to see him improve soon. Also like many have stated i wouldn't mind seeing gally as a sub in some of these games.

btw MoTD seemed to concentrate on Rooney for some reason but imo we would have got a real pasting if we had swopped Tugay for Carrick before the start! What a player that little bugger is. A move for him really could win em the title.

Funny motd would focus on rooney as being a key player because I dont think he had a good game at all. He missed at least two easy chances. Maybe tptb at the bbc just see what they want to see.

Actually after having watched the highlights on tv I thought we had more chances than it appeared at 1st as many of them happened at the darwen end.

Does anyone know what happened to the guy who collapsed in the bbe and was being stretchered off at the end?

Monday morning reading comments after a loss always brings a smile to my face. No matter what happens there will be plenty of posts made by people with blue and white specs on, and a couple of idiots ones thrown in for good measure.

As far as the game goes, we were beaten by a very good side. We didn't help ourselves by playing far too much long ball on a slippery surface, but we worked hard and kept United at bay for long periods. They are a very difficult side to play against: Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and Saha are all flyers with or without the ball at their feet, stopping them can be near impossible. Unforutnately their skill may never be appreciated by many as they are blinded by the fact that they play for United. They are great to watch, but not when they are tearing past Rovers players. Couple those 4 with Scholes' passing and any team will be in trouble. Why did they buy Carrick?

We have 3 certain 1st teamers out, a left back playing with an injury, our left winger now has a broken rib, we've lost 4 in a row, we're not supplying anything to the forwards; it's all pointing to us beating Spurs on Sunday.

It is remembering the soldiers who died in both wars, but its not just the soldiers who 'kept the nazi's from taking over'.

Rememberence Day is to mark the signing of the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 at the end of the 1st World War - Need i point out the Nazi's didnt even exist back then??

It was originally named Armistice day but renamed Rememberence Day for ALL the soldiers who have died during wars...

:rover:

in which case im not wrong, as the rememberence is for soldiers of both wars, the second of which did what i said

i think the result was fair

i dont think we had ashot on target according tosunday papers, but we did have chances

Edited by SAS

in which case im not wrong, as the rememberence is for soldiers of both wars, the second of which did what i said

i think the result was fair

i dont think we had ashot on target according tosunday papers, but we did have chances

there were a couple of shots on target on Saturday but nothing that caused the lanky Dutch keeper much problems

Because theres a large element in our away support that causes trouble, has been for years now and nothing can be done about it. I don't condone it, and think it's pathetic but unfortunately that is the way it is at United especially at the big aways where we get a large allocation. It shoots ourselves in the foot because you're one of few clubs that give us a big allocation. The likes of Boro only give us 1,500. Yet those that cause trouble moan when we get small allocations, yet when we do get a decent one they cause trouble.

One or two idiots might have made some noise in the ground but anyone that did was told to shut up. Don't tar everyone with the same brush mate.

I can't take your comments on Ronaldo seriously, he was kicked viciously in the first half and again in the second. He didn't fake any injury and is a doubt for Portugals game Wednesday due to the foul late in the game. He was signalling to come off when the ball broke to him and he tried to play on but unfortunately had to come off.

no probs about the troble ,thogh you was just saying its kool thats all.

but hand on heart you cant say ronaldo got kicked lumps out of because noone got near him because as soon as anyone got nr he was on his arse..peter caught him fair do's but that was the only one .

dont know if you was here for last games season he dived on the edge of the area in the 1st 2 mins and nooone was anywhere near him ,he's a cheat...simple as.

Managed to sprint half the pitch again though with the ball didn't he before coming off though YSB <_<

and then happened to start limping again after his linford cristie imprssion.

Considering the result, 1-0 against Man Utd isn't too bad a scoreline, and to be honest, with our current run at the moment, wasn't expecting a similar result from last season either.

Hopefully we can snap this skid against the Spuds, which would be pretty sweet :D

Considering the result, 1-0 against Man Utd isn't too bad a scoreline, and to be honest, with our current run at the moment, wasn't expecting a similar result from last season either.

Hopefully we can snap this skid against the Spuds, which would be pretty sweet :D

1 or 3 points is what we wanted = we didnt get it = so it wasnt good enough...

You cant be happy because we ONLY lost 1 nil, we lost you should be unhappy! Or am i the only person who feels this way? :o:huh:

Interesting preview, but I think that the constant use of the term Scum when referring to United is not doing this board any favours. Just my opinion.

Might not be doing the board any favours per se, but I can't think of a more accurate way to describe them.

The people chanting during the silence were ###### up Reds who were coming through the concourse and didn't realise it had started. They were told to shut up by other Reds. We don't disrespect silences at United, other sides do so out of hatred. Leeds United and the Busby silence and last season City and Liverpool during the Best silence.

The trouble that occured at the petrol station and outside the Fernhurst was unavoidable, when you have such a large and volatile away following as we do, trouble was always on the cards especially with the late kick off time. Nothing can be done about it, just one of those things, just be glad you don't have an element up for trouble or things would have been ten times worse.

:tu:

volatile supporters ? cock of the north they sing ? didnt realise it had started ? trouble unavoidable ?

Lets put a few things into perspective redfan.

Volatile supporters are not needed at ANY football ground and imo united fans are in no way volatile more like DOCILE.

cock of the north ? think not.

didnt realise it had started ? what a load of tosh ! Every game over the weekend has observed a minutes silence, every clubs supporters APART from YOURS has respected that silence.

unavoidable trouble ? again you make yourself sound like a complete and utter idiot. Of course it was unavoidable, just how do you explain 15000 pounds worth of damage ?

I always enjoy fellow supporters coming on and having an intelligent discussion, your post didnt fit that criteria :angry:

Edited by 1864roverite

volatile supporters ? cock of the north they sing ? didnt realise it had started ? trouble unavoidable ?

Lets put a few things into perspective redfan.

Volatile supporters are not needed at ANY football ground and imo united fans are in no way volatile more like DOCILE.

cock of the north ? think not.

didnt realise it had started ? what a load of tosh ! Every game over the weekend has observed a minutes silence, every clubs supporters APART from YOURS has respected that silence.

unavoidable trouble ? again you make yourself sound like a complete and utter idiot. Of course it was unavoidable, just how do you explain 15000 pounds worth of damage ?

I always enjoy fellow supporters coming on and having an intelligent discussion, your post didnt fit that criteria :angry:

Everything is avoidable in practice. Car crashes are avoidable if people didn't use cars. In the real world some things are unavoidable. The extra money we gave your club through 7,000 tickets sold and money spent in local pubs more than makes up for a few idiots causing damage. Not that I condone the trouble, but if you have thousands of fans drinking all day when you will get some people who want to start trouble. In that respect it's unavoidable.

Unfortunately we have some idiots who like to cause trouble when we go away, it's the price we pay for having the best away support in the country. The away culture at United is one of the few traditional things left in modern football. We stand up and don't take any crap from stewards. Whenever we're in town clubs just leave us to it now, we have won the battle against being made to sit down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.