SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely spot on Gordon whenever we had the ball there was no movement off it whatsoever from anyone. No-one seemed to really want it badly enough. This was also extremely noticeable during our first poor run in the first four games of the season.

On the contrary Rev, I thought there was plenty of movement of the front two, it just was not effective movement. Very unintelligent running. They moved to where the passing lanes were effectively closed off.

Also to add did anyone else notice the game seem to turn after Benni got booked. We seemed to adopt the bully boy bit again and I had thought just prior to that we had played some of our better footy, we seemd to switch after that incident.

And just a moan, Riley let an awful lot go for United in defence, several obstructions, fouls and holding and pushing. Not using it as an excuse but he seemed bound and determined not to let us have a free kick in any sort of danger area. Just my observation. Not saying Benni did not deserve the booking either BUT how many times do we see encroachment, just how many refs pull up for it let alone book people.

Edited by USABlue

3.) I actually thought riley had a pretty good game, or at least better than i expected. all 4 of our yellow cards were deserved, and tugay should have got one for kicking ronaldo as well. riley also let benni off when it looked like benni was going to talk himself into a red card, and riley let the wall off for a second encroachment.

If a ref is going to start dishing out yellows for some of the more obscure rulings like encroachment then he should at least be consistent, including gk handling outside the box (Van der Sar) and kicking the ball away (Neville). It was his consistent niggly decisions for utd in the second half that wound me up.

Now that my friend is just PURE IGNORANCE :angry:

Oops. Cultural insensitivities i guess... although Singapore's a commonwealth nation too, we don't actually 'celebrate' remembrance day here so i havent actually heard about it... till now.

Thanks for the link too, cn174.

Didn't the keeper get to that one first?

As for Riley, well he didn't send Van Der Sar off for a handball outside of his area, so he had a poor game in my book.

You can't possibly mean that can you? I think even a yeloow would have been harsh.

We were well beaten yesterday. We were lucky not have gone down by two or three more.

This is becoming repetitve but... 451! Please sparky!

I don't think keepers are supposed to be sent off when they slide out with the ball, especially not in conditions like that. I was slightly surprised that he wasn't booked, but there was no way that he should have been sent off.

Some sensible reflections from Al75 et al. Utd were the better side, we might have sneaked a point but it's not the end of the world. Mokoena - can't remember now who posted about being a destroyer and creator but you're right. On the positive side, thought he did the destroyer job pretty well yesterday - anyone see much of Scholes : well shackled by the Axe IMHO. I don't know what's more of a concern - agreeing with Gord or thinking Riley had a decent game, worrying though.

BTW who's going to play at CH next week cos Khiz is suspended? Does Sparky do a bit of backing down and play the club captain?

well 1st time ive logged on was in a state of mourning last night...1.think its time for todd and henchoz. too many soft goals going in.

2. think nonda is not up to it ,hes like a black grabbi.

3.no gally anywhere is a mystery .

4.utd scum chanting threw the solilence. disgusting.

5.i heard a bus was bricked by utd fans before the game.

6.the ax is going backwards.

7.who was the nob on the pitch at the end?

8.i wish something really really nast would befall the faggottydivingscumbag

Edited by ABBEY

Lets be realistic. Out of about 8000 there may have been 30 or 40 making noise. It doesnt take many people to sound loud in silence.

It wasnt organised chanting by half of the away following (as in the Leeds / Ramsey) situation.

To brand all Man Utd fans as Scum shows huge ignorance and IMO stupidity on your part.

In support of 1864 here. as far as ignorance and stupidity are concerned, then that surely should be directed to the so called 30 or 40.

And I certainly hope that if 30 or 40 mindless morons disrupt the next period of silence for the Munich air dissaster victims or the fans who lost their lives at Hillsborough, then I will expect that we do not see such dissrespect plastered all over the newspapers.

Oops. Cultural insensitivities i guess... although Singapore's a commonwealth nation too, we don't actually 'celebrate' remembrance day here so i havent actually heard about it... till now.

Maybe you should start Rememberence Day in Singapore then vyeo. Be nice to celebrate not having to speak Japanese, eat raw fish and whales and have your haircut like David Beckham wouldn't it? Lest we forget eh?

btw...........

Is it me or is any one else baffled why Paul Scholes (and Joey Barton) appeared in central midfield for the Sky Sports team of the week? Scholes is always value for money but Tugay was different class yesterday. It bloody amazes me why the TV pundits never highlight clips of his on the ball genius, especially when he was on their bloody live match! :angry:

Edited by thenodrog

The people chanting during the silence were ###### up Reds who were coming through the concourse and didn't realise it had started. They were told to shut up by other Reds. We don't disrespect silences at United, other sides do so out of hatred. Leeds United and the Busby silence and last season City and Liverpool during the Best silence.

The trouble that occured at the petrol station and outside the Fernhurst was unavoidable, when you have such a large and volatile away following as we do, trouble was always on the cards especially with the late kick off time. Nothing can be done about it, just one of those things, just be glad you don't have an element up for trouble or things would have been ten times worse.

Credit to the Blackburn fans I spoke to after the game, complimented us on our superb support and performance from the team. I thought we played very well, especially in those conditions. Some good football and if Rooney had his shooting boots on the game would have been over at half time.

Only one gripe, I can't believe the stick Ronaldo is getting from some Blackburn fans on here, he was outstanding yesterday again, especially in the second half. People often have ago at his type of players for going missing when it's cold and wet away from home, well he got stuck in despite being kicked cynically on more than a few occasions yesterday and in the second half tore you apart down the right. The only thing that was disappointing were his finishes, the first one afer the break and the second when he beat two men, did the hard work then smashed it wide. I understand people hate him, but give the lad some credit, he stood up to be counted when many so called top players would have bottled it in those conditions. I also think Scholes was MOTD, he bossed the midfield and never put a foot wrong.

I thought Blackburn deserve credit for giving it a real go with key players missing. The game wasn't safe untill the final whistle blew and we knew we had been in a game. Play like that against Arsenal and Liverpool and you'll get the points. You will pick up and with one or two signings in January finish in the top half pretty easily.

See you at OT for the return game, all the best for the rest of the season :tu:

trouble unavoidable??

why?

minutes silence?the chants wernt from the concourse they was in the top right hand corner of the lower tier you could see them bouncing around!!!!

ronaldo ..dived and fell about all game like a true olypian...hes a ###### simple as

The people chanting during the silence were ###### up Reds who were coming through the concourse and didn't realise it had started. They were told to shut up by other Reds. We don't disrespect silences at United, other sides do so out of hatred. Leeds United and the Busby silence and last season City and Liverpool during the Best silence.

The trouble that occured at the petrol station and outside the Fernhurst was unavoidable, when you have such a large and volatile away following as we do, trouble was always on the cards especially with the late kick off time. Nothing can be done about it, just one of those things, just be glad you don't have an element up for trouble or things would have been ten times worse.

Credit to the Blackburn fans I spoke to after the game, complimented us on our superb support and performance from the team. I thought we played very well, especially in those conditions. Some good football and if Rooney had his shooting boots on the game would have been over at half time.

Only one gripe, I can't believe the stick Ronaldo is getting from some Blackburn fans on here, he was outstanding yesterday again, especially in the second half. People often have ago at his type of players for going missing when it's cold and wet away from home, well he got stuck in despite being kicked cynically on more than a few occasions yesterday and in the second half tore you apart down the right. The only thing that was disappointing were his finishes, the first one afer the break and the second when he beat two men, did the hard work then smashed it wide. I understand people hate him, but give the lad some credit, he stood up to be counted when many so called top players would have bottled it in those conditions. I also think Scholes was MOTD, he bossed the midfield and never put a foot wrong.

I thought Blackburn deserve credit for giving it a real go with key players missing. The game wasn't safe untill the final whistle blew and we knew we had been in a game. Play like that against Arsenal and Liverpool and you'll get the points. You will pick up and with one or two signings in January finish in the top half pretty easily.

See you at OT for the return game, all the best for the rest of the season :tu:

There you are; a nice and very civil Man. U. supporter. Some of those on here could learn from that.

trouble unavoidable??

why?

minutes silence?the chants wernt from the concourse they was in the top right hand corner of the lower tier you could see them bouncing around!!!!

ronaldo ..dived and fell about all game like a true olypian...hes a ###### simple as

Because theres a large element in our away support that causes trouble, has been for years now and nothing can be done about it. I don't condone it, and think it's pathetic but unfortunately that is the way it is at United especially at the big aways where we get a large allocation. It shoots ourselves in the foot because you're one of few clubs that give us a big allocation. The likes of Boro only give us 1,500. Yet those that cause trouble moan when we get small allocations, yet when we do get a decent one they cause trouble.

One or two idiots might have made some noise in the ground but anyone that did was told to shut up. Don't tar everyone with the same brush mate.

I can't take your comments on Ronaldo seriously, he was kicked viciously in the first half and again in the second. He didn't fake any injury and is a doubt for Portugals game Wednesday due to the foul late in the game. He was signalling to come off when the ball broke to him and he tried to play on but unfortunately had to come off.

Because theres a large element in our away support that causes trouble, has been for years now and nothing can be done about it. I don't condone it, and think it's pathetic but unfortunately that is the way it is at United especially at the big aways where we get a large allocation. It shoots ourselves in the foot because you're one of few clubs that give us a big allocation. The likes of Boro only give us 1,500. Yet those that cause trouble moan when we get small allocations, yet when we do get a decent one they cause trouble.

One or two idiots might have made some noise in the ground but anyone that did was told to shut up. Don't tar everyone with the same brush mate.

I'll not get into the Ronaldo discussion as we will clearly be Pole's apart, but it is clear that a MINORITY of ###### in the Darwen End were making noise, I for one heard a very loud "shut up you *****" from someone voer there, but it was most definitely the top right hand corner, a group of around 30/40 people were bouncing around out on the terrace.

Sooner or later the police will insist this kick off is brought forward to lunchtime every year, and that the Fernhurst is closed. The same old regular United fans get tarred by the brush that a sizeable minority of nobs bring out and use at away matches.

ITs a shame really.

When you have following of drunk idiots is when you get trouble. It's not unavoidable. Just drink less and grow up.

There was a full coach load in The Hogton Arms at 12.

Sooner or later the police will insist this kick off is brought forward to lunchtime every year, and that the Fernhurst is closed.

See above. It wasn't just The Fernhurst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.