SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The away culture at United is one of the few traditional things left in modern football. We stand up and don't take any crap from stewards. Whenever we're in town clubs just leave us to it now, we have won the battle against being made to sit down.

Oh yes. Very good, and so brave and intelligent ....... until the next Hillsborough / Heyshell that is but next time involving you lot and then the sh1t just will hit the fan (obligatory Simmonds / Cantona reference there! :P ). There'll be all sorts of legal actions and 'Whichever' ground Justice brigades set up and we'll have never ending weepy memorial services to endure for time immemorial.

Sit down and behave you tossers! YSB you should have quit whilst you were ahead. Remember NO ONE can defend the indefensible and you show yourself by glorifying such stupidity.

I don't condone violence, but standing up and supporting your side is fine by me. Lord Justice Taylor said standing wasn't unsafe if it was implimented properly. Standing up in an all seater stand with no fences is fine. We have ben doing it for years and theres been no problems. If it was unsafe surely they'd have been hundreds of incidents.

If it's safe to stand up and jump around when you score a goal it's safe to stand for 90 minutes.

You starting to sound stupid now mate. On one hand you say that you've got a few idiots following you away (as part of the biggest, best, perhaps toughest away support in all the universe) and then come on all tough guy, "we stand up and don't take any crap from stewards." Wow. That's worth bragging about. You stand up at football matches - never mind kids and older folk who can't see because you want to stand up. And the stewards? Well you must get a real kick out of not taking crap from them.

Pathetic, self serving and totally predicatable.

I don't condone violence, but standing up and supporting your side is fine by me. Lord Justice Taylor said standing wasn't unsafe if it was implimented properly. Standing up in an all seater stand with no fences is fine. We have ben doing it for years and theres been no problems. If it was unsafe surely they'd have been hundreds of incidents.

If it's safe to stand up and jump around when you score a goal it's safe to stand for 90 minutes.

I'm personally all for standing at football matches. I know when I went to watch England - Portugal in the summer, a German guy I was sat next to said that Schalke usually had standing areas - which could be converted to seating. If they can have standing sections in Germany - why not here? This would also stop kids/older people from being forced to stand or missing the game. The atmosphere would be a lot better too!

If they can have standing sections in Germany - why not here?

I have no prob with purpose designed areas like that but until they do em it's a case of when in Rome.

btw No speed limits on the Autobahns either. Personally I've no comment on that but many would not want that here and how far do you think I would get if I tried to use that to some traffic cop who has just pulled me over for doing 120mph down the M6?

btw No speed limits on the Autobahns either. Personally I've no comment on that but many would not want that here and how far do you think I would get if I tried to use that to some traffic cop who has just pulled me over for doing 120mph down the M6?

I see what you're saying. However, isn't it the case that the Autobahns are just as safe as English motorways? :P

The son of the late great Noel Brotherston ,a life long Rovers fan, was nearly lynched by a bunch of idiots in the Blackburn end on Saturday for making the mistake of taking a photo of Utd celebrating their goal according to tonights LET.I saw the incident from afar and he had to be removed for his own safety,he was with two others who were clearly wearing Rovers merchandise.

Embarrassing to say the least....On behalf of all decent Rovers fans I'd like to apologise.

:(

Was speaking to a United fan who was in the Darwen End today and he said the behaviour of the travelling support was extremely poor including:

The Portaloos in the Fernhurst being set on fire and becoming unusable

Fans ripping off the metal shutters on the bar areas inside the ground and generally vandalising anything they could get their hands on

Seats being stood on and mistreated until they cracked or snapped

Sounds like it's going to cost us a fair few quid :angry:

Edited by RevidgeBlue

The son of the late great Noel Brotherston ,a life long Rovers fan, was nearly lynched by a bunch of idiots in the Blackburn end on Saturday for making the mistake of taking a photo of Utd celebrating their goal according to tonights LET.I saw the incident from afar and he had to be removed for his own safety,he was with two others who were clearly wearing Rovers merchandise.

Embarrassing to say the least....On behalf of all decent Rovers fans I'd like to apologise.

Is anybody suprised given the numpties that infest that section of the ground? Those guys and Noels Dad have been coming over from NI for years and nearly always around the anniversary of his death too. Woodlands regulars, lovely people and damned good craic. They were all BRFC fans as it happens (maybe were will be the operative word).

But anyway wtf is wrong in principle with him or anyone else taking a mate who is an opposition fan? We used to do it with virtual impunity. From the old days of having no segregation whatsoever in the ground we have fallen a long way. Todays loathsome scummers are such a primitive, boorish and ignorant shower that it's untrue. ######!

btw here's the link should some of you dickheads manage to retain his face longer than it takes a goldfish to swim once around it's bowl.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/displ...d_lynch_mob.php

Was speaking to a United fan who was in the Darwen End today

Nodded off had he Simon?

Was speaking to a United fan who was in the Darwen End today and he said the behaviour of the travelling support was extremely poor including:

The Portaloos in the Fernhurst being set on fire and becoming unusable

Fans ripping off the metal shutters on the bar areas inside the ground and generally vandalising anything they could get their hands on

Seats being stood on and mistreated until they cracked or snapped

Sounds like it's going to cost us a fair few quid :angry:

Can't we get United to reimburse us? At least for the damage inside the ground. Think that is generally the procedure for away fans wrecking stuff.

Is anybody suprised given the numpties that infest that section of the ground?

Not at all. I used to be a Blackburn Ender. Its intolerable now due to it being occupied by the same moronic characters that make away games an unpleasant experience. I choose to sit in the Riverside nowadays due to the reduced number of troglodyte yobs and chavvy kids who probably fill the rest of their time smashing up bus shelters.

Can't we get United to reimburse us? At least for the damage inside the ground. Think that is generally the procedure for away fans wrecking stuff.

Apparently didn't just stop at the ground and carried on on the trains according to a UTD fan here at work -lights, seats etc being damaged

Also before everybody knee jerks and starts categorising people of the same ilk (Im a BB Ender by the way)- he has said in the report that he does not blame the BB End. There are alot of the more passionate fans who sit/stand there and has always been the case

Now let me just throw in the Citeh game and then think about it.

What if they had been UTD fans - would there have been any moaning then?

Apologies to Mr Brotherston and co but this was a one off incident that he has explained and understands how the situation arose - remember though emotions where running high which the visit of UTD always raises and creates a hostile atmosphere.

Also before everybody knee jerks and starts categorising people of the same ilk (Im a BB Ender by the way)- he has said in the report that he does not blame the BB End. There are alot of the more passionate fans who sit/stand there and has always been the case

Now let me just throw in the Citeh game and then think about it.

What if they had been UTD fans - would there have been any moaning then?

Apologies to Mr Brotherston and co but this was a one off incident that he has explained and understands how the situation arose - remember though emotions where running high which the visit of UTD always raises and creates a hostile atmosphere.

Capt, forgive for seemingly having a go, but it sounds like you are condoning this idiotic approach from these 'unfamiliar' Rovers fans. I always sit in the BB End when I go over and haven't witnessed anything really like this. The only moranic Rovers fan that I can really critise whilst being inside the ground was the knob who gave racial abuse to Dwight Yorke. Totally unacceptable and this is certainly no different.

Why the heck does a fan get attacked verbally and physically for 'taking a photograph of the opposing team scoring'? If he had celebrated the goal then it could have been quite acceptable for a person to get this treatment (but I'm not saying that I would get involved in a spat like that). I was at a Liverpool game at Ewood about 2 years ago and two fans were ejected (male and female) after they were spat at, with a cup of coffee being thrown over them. They celebrated when Riise scored and they were subjected to that abuse, but I'll confess I never felt sorry for them!!

Lee Brotherston on the other hand showed no sort of favour to Utd and I can assure you that the Brotherston family certainly aren't supporters of Utd. I was chatting to Noel's father last night but I never knew anything about this incident. He commented that he is getting a bit old to be travelling to the games and it was the first Utd game at Ewood Park he missed for the past 6 years. Can you imagine if he was in the stand at that particular time?? Absolutely disgraceful incident to read about and the girl in question along with her father should be given some sort of punishment for inciting violence. They knew that if someone is highlighted in the BB End as an opposition fan then they will be subjected to foul treatment. Certainly a letter of apology from them should be given, they also pay a refund for their tckets and a final warning on their behaviour that they could be moved to Darwen End or CIS Stand. This really should not be up to Blackburn Rovers to apologise for this incident and those in question should really take a long hard look at themselves, no matter how heated a situation can get.

How do the rest of you feel on this matter?

Edited by rover_groo

Capt, forgive for seemingly having a go, but it sounds like you are condoning this idiotic approach from these 'unfamiliar' Rovers fans. I always sit in the BB End when I go over and haven't witnessed anything really like this. The only moranic Rovers fan that I can really critise whilst being inside the ground was the knob who gave racial abuse to Dwight Yorke. Totally unacceptable and this is certainly no different.

Why the heck does a fan get attacked verbally and physically for 'taking a photograph of the opposing team scoring'? If he had celebrated the goal then it could have been quite acceptable for a person to get this treatment (but I'm not saying that I would get involved in a spat like that). I was at a Liverpool game at Ewood about 2 years ago and two fans were ejected (male and female) after they were spat at, with a cup of coffee being thrown over them. They celebrated when Riise scored and they were subjected to that abuse, but I'll confess I never felt sorry for them!!

Lee Brotherston on the other hand showed no sort of favour to Utd and I can assure you that the Brotherston family certainly aren't supporters of Utd. I was chatting to Noel's father last night but I never knew anything about this incident. He commented that he is getting a bit old to be travelling to the games and it was the first Utd game at Ewood Park he missed for the past 6 years. Can you imagine if he was in the stand at that particular time?? Absolutely disgraceful incident to read about and the girl in question along with her father should be given some sort of punishment for inciting violence. They knew that if someone is highlighted in the BB End as an opposition fan then they will be subjected to foul treatment. Certainly a letter of apology from them should be given, they also pay a refund for their tckets and a final warning on their behaviour that they could be moved to Darwen End or CIS Stand. This really should not be up to Blackburn Rovers to apologise for this incident and those in question should really take a long hard look at themselves, no matter how heated a situation can get.

How do the rest of you feel on this matter?

Think you are missing my point rg.

Not condoning it - and I can only comment on what people have posted and what Mr B has said in the LET just saying remember the circumstances and who we where playing.

Presumably from what you have said you actually witnessed it - but the incident although a one off as such is not unfamiliar ie reaction to an opposition goal etc not customary to an opposition fan.

From what I have read it would appear the whole situation was badly handalled , however the ' antagonists' as such sound like they need a civil society lesson. If Rovers do raise an investigation maybe then these people will be told to do one and possibly charged in accordance.

Hope this explains better

Guest fernhurstblue

having read the story in the let and the posts on here, i simply can't believe what i am reading ..... imagine if that had burnley at home in the league and somebody had taken a snap to 'remind them of the game' ..... just imagine

:blink:

its a football match, passions run high, deal with it :ph34r:

Thanks for the reply Capt.

I wasn't at the game as you well know, but I know the Brotherston's general feeling towards Man Utd and would believe Mr Brotherston and his statement. I didn't miss your point, but know where you are sort of coming from. No matter of the circumstance/heated reaction but Mr Brotherston did not do anything half suttle to give an indication that he was a Mancs. supporter. This is my point and can't understand this female mouthing off to create some sort of mayhem. She knew how it would turn out if someone states that there is an opposition fan in the stand.

This situation as you said is a one off and I agree with this entirely with that. Of all the games that I have attended I have only seen a reaction like this at a Liverpool and Celtic game where their fans blatantly celebrated the opposition goals in the wrong areas of the ground and a reaction was inevitable.

The situation was poorly handled and can understand Mr Brotherston's choice in going to the Press. Can you imagine the humiliation of being kicked out of the ground by stewarts who quite possibly have handled this situation poorly?? I feel that the fans who subjected the three people to this abuse should have the balls to write to them and apologise for what was a huge misunderstanding. The female on the other hand should learn when to mouth off and falsely accuse people and this could have turned really nasty. This is why I want her to take responsibility for her ludricous actions.

The female on the other hand should learn when to mouth off and falsely accuse people and this could have turned really nasty. This is why I want her to take responsibility for her ludricous actions.

No problems rg and I think this is what Mr B's intention is - I agree on this and am not totally whiter than white if you know what I mean ie my reactions might have been of similar nature if a MU fan had been sat near me (depenedent on their actions) but it wouldn't have been a drink I would have been throwing ... it would have been Bobf as he sits in front of me :P

Think fernhurstblue above covers it more to the point in terms of balancing things up.

Manc supporters' view of the Rovers game. Posted it to ask, they were drinking what at 11.30am in the Fernhurst???

"Then probably the miss of the season came after Saha's shot was too much for Friedel to handle and the resulting parry fell to Rooney only for the scouser to miscue with little left to do!"

I've seen far worse misses this season. Did anyone see Fabregas and Rosickys misses against CSKA at the Emirates? They were both far worse.

This had me grinding my teeth...

Manchester United fans review:

With a goal finally on the scoreboard United simply had to play out time but it was not without scares. Ex-Porto Cheater Benni McCarthy made EVDS work after a Bentley's cross. Then McCarthy made the big Dutchman work as Tugay's free-kick landed near giving the African whose shot was saved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.