SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad Brett is back! Hopefully we'll now be more solid at the back and he wil also give us the creativity down the right whilst lucas does it on the left!

Felt awful about this game after Vllla but feeling ever hopeful now.

Come on Rovers :rover:

Is anybody else watching this game on TV with alan parry and brian marwood as commentators? Its been an absolute lovefest with man u for marwood. Everything they do is great, wonderful and superb. How can anyone, on watching the replay of emo's challenge on saha, which was shoulder-to-shoulder and completely fair, say that he was 'denying saha a goalscoring opportunity'??!?!

despite the rain it's been a great game of football so far. We're really giving United a go and trying to create chances, although we haven't had anything too dangerous yet. Nonda especially is making a lot from the little he's given. United though are very sharp and could have been in front...Rooney especially could have had 2 already.

Is anybody else watching this game on TV with alan parry and brian marwood as commentators? Its been an absolute lovefest with man u for marwood. Everything they do is great, wonderful and superb. How can anyone, on watching the replay of emo's challenge on saha, which was shoulder-to-shoulder and completely fair, say that he was 'denying saha a goalscoring opportunity'??!?!

Yeah, it's pretty tough listening. Ronaldo needs to try staying on his feet, likewise Saha.

Nobody has mentioned that you could have bought the entire Rovers team for Carrick - they've just constantly reiterated how great United are and how much they've dominated. In fairness we've created nothing, which is worrying as their midfield has the defensive capabilities of Tugay.

Yeah, it's pretty tough listening. Ronaldo needs to try staying on his feet, likewise Saha.

Nobody has mentioned that you could have bought the entire Rovers team for Carrick - they've just constantly reiterated how great United are and how much they've dominated. In fairness we've created nothing, which is worrying as their midfield has the defensive capabilities of Tugay.

Yep as usual all superlatives about Utd, I thought it was funny when they when through our injury list (completely missed Nelson btw) and then immediately after said we have struggled of late due to Europe.

Anyway to the game. The the F in Hell are we doing trying to go through the middle and long ball over the top. We need to go wide and whip the ball in behind them UNited flap when teams do that, they don't like it some nice curling crosses in behind Rio is a Rover and we can have 'em.

Once again Zurab causes us to concede. Instead of sticking to Saha he leaves him unmarked and the obvious happened. Time after time, our central defenders are being beaten by anyone who asks questions of them. I'm sorry, but Zurab and Ooijer just aren't premiership quality.

Edited by Mr. E

Yep as usual all superlatives about Utd, I thought it was funny when they when through our injury list (completely missed Nelson btw) and then immediately after said we have struggled of late due to Europe.

Anyway to the game. The the F in Hell are we doing trying to go through the middle and long ball over the top. We need to go wide and whip the ball in behind them UNited flap when teams do that, they don't like it some nice curling crosses in behind Rio is a Rover and we can have 'em.

Marwood just went on about Giggs helping out his team and defending, covering Bentley minutes after having an attacking run. He failed to mention that Bentley had a free cross if he doesn't slip, Giggs was nowhere near him. Sky commentary is a joke, plain and simple.

Their goal was against the run of play, but you pays your money you takes your chances as they say. Eventually the gulf in quality was going to show.

Their goal was against the run of play,

What? They have been all over us from what I've seen. We are just now trying to create something

Btw, worst rovers player of the second half is Neill with Mokoena coming pretty close!

Edited by krislu

Well that was disappointing. Fully deserved victory for the Mancs tonight and really, they should have had a couple more with Rooney missing some absolute sitters in the first half. We didn't really have any chances to speak of apart from a very good header from Zurab from a corner. We didn't look like scoring at all really and could probably have played on all night with no luck in front of goal. MGP did his disappearance act yet again and was a complete waste of space. I've not been to impressed with Nonda yet and again he didn't do much. Didn't get much joy from Bentley either but then again we didn't seem interested in playing down the wing to much.

The most interesting thing though for me was the fact that Hughes prefered a clearly injured and limping Lucas Neill at left back instead of Mickey Gray. Says alot about Gray's standing in the club right now I think...

midfield is our biggest problem at the moment. Mokoena simply isnt good enough to cover for the losses of both reid and savage. Next week its Spurs. I dont have good vibes about that game either. Looks like we're in for a long hard month until we get savage back to full fitness. I don't think that we'll get relegated, but i think that if we dont address this midfield problem as soon as january arrives, we'll be in trouble.

The most interesting thing though for me was the fact that Hughes prefered a clearly injured and limping Lucas Neill at left back instead of Mickey Gray. Says alot about Gray's standing in the club right now I think...

I think today summed up Hughes' faith in certain squad players who were on the bench. We needed fresh legs to run at United and maybe Peter aside we had absoloutely eff all to bring off the bench to change the game and Hughes knew it.Our midfield was never going to cope against that quality with the injuries that we have, and as a result our strikers had nothing-but I was unimpressed AGAIN by Benni and Nonda. Special mention for Ooijer though-he was quality and should form a good partnership with Nelsen.

99% of us braced ourselves for defeat today, but again we didn't score and again we could have played all night and not scored. Until we get some of our key players back I can see things getting even worse before they get better-starting with an in form Spurs next weekend.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.