BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

Nothing would make me happier than handing out a beating to the team who are still the most hateful in the league.

This seems to be the general opinion but I don't get it.

I could understand it back in the mid-90s when we were obvious rivals but we're on different levels now. I don't see what there is to hate about them. A proper football club with a glorious history, they play terrific attacking football and have some world class footballers who are good professionals - Scholes, Giggs etc.

I find much more to hate in the odious Chelsea, arrogant Spurs, delusional Newcastle and the whinging Arsenal who you aren't allowed to tackle, defend against, score against or do anything which interferes with their exhibition football.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could understand it back in the mid-90s when we were obvious rivals but we're on different levels now. I don't see what there is to hate about them. A proper football club with a glorious history, they play terrific attacking football and have some world class footballers who are good professionals - Scholes, Giggs etc.

I find much more to hate in the odious Chelsea, arrogant Spurs, delusional Newcastle and the whinging Arsenal who you aren't allowed to tackle, defend against, score against or do anything which interferes with their exhibition football.

Same here

Just don't like em we we are playing em

I still hate Man U and always will, basically because most of their fans are just glory hunters and just watch them cos they win things (not real supporters)

Add "massive club" City to that list.

This seems to be the general opinion but I don't get it.... etc

Sorry, disagree. What about their fans?! Complete pain in the arse. They also have Ronaldo (nowt to do with the England thing by the way) I can’t stand the fella. Gary Neville. Fat Wayne (best striker in the world with about 30 goals in three seasons in the Premier League). Sir Alex Ferguson (who I admit you have to raise your hat to for longevity) not realising that they’d just relegated us and his ex-right hand man. They gave us Brian Kidd. Still bleating constantly about us buying the title. The media stating constantly how wonderful their football is and everyone buying into it regardless. Commentators saying things like "Oh what a fantatstic ball that was!" in an over the top stylee as Rio Ferdinand launches a 40 yard pass into the stand. Rooney being starved of service and yet he drops deep 90% of the time to get the ball.

That’s without even trying.

Sorry, disagree. What about their fans?! Complete pain in the arse. They also have Ronaldo (nowt to do with the England thing by the way) I can’t stand the fella. Gary Neville. Fat Wayne (best striker in the world with about 30 goals in three seasons in the Premier League). Sir Alex Ferguson (who I admit you have to raise your hat to for longevity) not realising that they’d just relegated us and his ex-right hand man. They gave us Brian Kidd. Still bleating constantly about us buying the title. The media stating constantly how wonderful their football is and everyone buying into it regardless. Commentators saying things like "Oh what a fantatstic ball that was!" in an over the top stylee as Rio Ferdinand launches a 40 yard pass into the stand. Rooney being starved of service and yet he drops deep 90% of the time to get the ball.

That’s without even trying.

So you don't like them either Bobski - no sitting on the fence for you :P

While Chelsea have certainly overtaken Utd in terms of my level of hatred Utd are good for second place.

Personally I quite like Arsenal, they play good football and have good players. Arsene is morphing into an individual as lothesome as Fergie as the years pass but you have to take you hat off to Wenger's team's style achieved with (compared to Man U and Chelsea) smaller expenditure.

I dislike Spurs fans but like Martin Jol and how the Directors are putting together a team. Newcastle are pathetically run and their fans are tiresome.

How did they get Roy Keane? <_<

Why I hate manUre? all of the abouve plus..................

My ex boss was an aresh0le, when he became MD he aquired several season tickets for himself and his mates. All expenses on match days paid.

Manc manUre fans are the more arrogant sob's in the world, cause they come from manchesor'

Referees think of their future career prospects when making desisions when manUre are involved.

Journalists think of their future career prospects when making desisions when manUre are involved.

Correspondants think of their future career prospects when making desisions when manUre are involved.

Refs are affraid of booking manUre for crowding and bulling officials.

And their songs are pants.........

Rovers 0 manUre 1

Upsets me to think of how they will scab the goal, buthtey will

In common with millions of other people Manchester United bring out the worst in me. there are, of course many reasons for this but chief amonst them are their spitting, red nosed, hypocritical arsehole of a manager and most of all their cocky, arrogant fans with their bloody stupid clappy songs penned by that sad loser in his Davyhulme bedsit. Great spontaneous terrace wit that. So thankfully I will be working on Saturday and not turned from a liberal, rational citizen into a foaming at the mouth dervish.

by the way, 3-0 to the Rags.

Even with a full team - this would be difficult match.

However - heart ruling head - I think we can do it. Hopefully Bert will be back - boy have we missed him (never thought I'd say that).

Even with our depleted resources we still have plenty of match winners - after his poor form this season MGP owes us a hat trick of spectacular goals in this one. I think McCarthy and Nonda will both really be up for it - and on their day Zurab and Ooijer can defend well (concentration permitting). The biggest concern has to be centre midfield - especially as Tugay could be bypassed at times - and the Axe - well lets just hope he gives the back four some protection -as he can do little else.

On paper - a sound thrashing - but I am gonna be optmistic - heart ruling head 2 - 1 to Rovers. MGP and McCarthy with two goals totally against the run of play - somewhat similar to when we played Bolton - but in our favour this time - ah I can dream :D

My hatred of the Mancs goes back to the early '60s. Coming from Darwen, Burnleh were not quite the object of hatred so much as the big city club at the other end of the A666.

Since then we have had reffing decision after reffing decision from reffing Manc-loving referees.

Cannot see us winning this one though- the Mancs will be desperate to get back to winning after the Copenhagen and Southend reverses.

Rovers 2 Mancs 3 if we score from our chances.

My hatred of the Mancs goes back to the early '60s. Coming from Darwen, Burnleh were not quite the object of hatred so much as the big city club at the other end of the A666.

Since then we have had reffing decision after reffing decision from reffing Manc-loving referees.

Cannot see us winning this one though- the Mancs will be desperate to get back to winning after the Copenhagen and Southend reverses.

Rovers 2 Mancs 3 if we score from our chances.

where did you live in darwen phil?i was brought up there too..i lived on the ashton estate.up by the park hotel.and on balmoral rd(off watery lane),not all at the same time of course!...im guessin your around the same age?40+

btw back to the game 1-3 or 2-1..cant make my mind up :rover:

Edited by cloggyjimmybrfc

Eh? United are the absolute scum of the universe (that's putting it lightly). The self-styled biggest club in the world, they are the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football. Chelsea may be equally as abhorrent but United got to that place first. Their fans (great hordes of whom don't even come from Manchester) are complete tits, their manager is a genuine bullying football @#/? and Roy Keane used to play for them. Lucky late goals, countless favourable penalty decisions, consistently bad refereeing, Rio 'you just got merked innit' Ferdinand, sychophantic media coverage and hours of accumulated injury time-I hate Manchester United.

Yes they have some excellent players. But I find little joy in their 'terrific attacking football'. The glory days of the 90s are past but should that be reason enough to stop despising them? That only adds credence to the long-held argument by United fans that we were all 'jealous'. I can say I was never once 'jealous' of Man USA. Not even on the night of the disaster in Barcelona was I jealous. Upset (very) yes. But not jealous.

Give me Chelsea or Arsenal any day.

Edited by Rovermatt

after a perfect prediction last week from the one and only lawro, he has got us down for a 2-0 defeat!

Blackburn v Man Utd (1715 GMT)

"It's the wrong time for Mark Hughes' team to be hosting United after their ignominious Carling Cup exit to Southend.

I always feel sorry for any team that has to play one of the top four teams after they've just lost.

Not only that but Blackburn are ravaged by injuries at the moment so I can't see United slipping up again."

Interesting preview, but I think that the constant use of the term Scum when referring to United is not doing this board any favours. Just my opinion.

Totally agree.

Spoiled what is probably a good preview.

Edited by mjs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.