BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUST A QUICK POST AS I'M KNACKERED!

BEAUTIFUL CITY AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE, GOD ONLY KNOWS WHY GERMANS COMPLETELY LOSE THE PLOT WHEN ON HOLIDAY BECAUSE AT HOME THEY'RE THE PERFECT HOSTS.

COLOGNE WAS GEARING UP THE FOR THE CARNIVAL AND I THINK THE MOOD IN THE CITY SUFFERED BECAUSE OF IT. THE IRISH BAR CLOSED DOWN AT ABOUT 7PM BECAUSE OF US SINGING? SINGING FOR GOODNESS SAKE.......WHEN ASKED WHAT THEY DID DURING THE WOLRD CUP....."WE NEVER OPENED" WHICH WAS RUBBISH BUT THEIR YOU GO.

SEVERAL MEMBERS FROM THIS SITE WE AROUND AND ABOUT AND THE MOOD WAS GOOD AND WAGGY WAS, WELL JUST WAGGY, GREAT FUN AND THE EUROPEAN TRIPS HAVEN'T BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT HIM.

AS FOR THE TROUBLE IN THE GROUND, I WAS DRINKING WITH THE LAD THAT GOT A PASTING AFTER THE GAME AND HIS TAKE ON THE SITUATION WAS THIS:

HE WAS APPROACHED EARLIER IN THE DAY BY A COUPLE OF THESE LADS AND ACCUSED OF BEING A BURNLEY FAN? A BURNLEY FAN FOR GOODNESS SAKE.......ANYWAY THINGS PASSED AND HE THOUGHT NOTHING MORE OF IT. HE WAS STOOD IN THE GROUND WITH A COUPLE OF MATES AND HIS DAD WHEN PUCNCHES WERE TRADED WITH ONE OF THESE LADS WHO WAS QUICKLY JOINED BY SEVERAL OF HIS MATES AND THE SAID LAD TOOK A BEATING. NOW THIS WENT ON FOR A GOOD 5 MINUTES AND THE POLICE AND STEWARDS DID NOTHING, 5 MINUTES IS A LONG TIME FOR FIGHTING TO BE TAKING PLACE BUT STILL NOBODY DID A THING. THE LAD HIMSELF WAS IN GOOD SPIRITS LATER IN THE EVENING AND DIDN'T LOOK AS BAD AS I'D HAVE EXPECTED. HE BELEIVES HE KNOWS THESE LADS AND WILL BE LOOKING FOR REVENGE SO I GUESS WATCH THIS SPACE.........

As we left the carnival was just getting going, the streets we full of Germans in fancy dress and several English dressed as, well English football fans. Just had a txt from Ribblesdale.....IT'S FANTASTIC GAV........i guess they'll have a great night, wish we'd have book the extra night now. Anyway off to bed, work in the morning.

Ps, I'll have to suss out this new spell checker when i get a minute :wstu:

it is true that flanagans wasn't open during the world cup. not struggled for a drink at any time to be fair

the carnival is mental. have never seen a thing like it. all good, may well come back next year.

tried to kick off in la strada about an hour ago. fortunately locals backed us

as for ground incident would rather wait until people had facts first as a lot of people I know were in middle of it and even they didn't know how it started. other than it originated well before wednesday.

Got back late last night, knackered.

Had a cracking time, yesterday in Cologne was brilliant, just wish I could have stayed one more night.

I'm going back next year the Germans certainly know how to throw a party!

Good to see some faces, Waggy, top bloke, cheers for the badge.

CircoW, good to meet you, did I have a bad head yesterday.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 15 2007, 02:00 ) 490279[/snapback]
as for ground incident would rather wait until people had facts first as a lot of people I know were in middle of it and even they didn't know how it started. other than it originated well before wednesday.

As I said earlier , Steb seen it all before so nothing new.

Problem is as per usual you get people jumping in who know absolutely bugger all - problem is Abbeys G/F ( :lol: ) has stoked the fire on this one. Leads me back to the 'Do we need a riot thred' and the comments on there

However looks like most have enjoyed themselves, so lets just hope Rovers can finish the job and continue the journey.

Second knockout round, 1st leg 08.03.2007

Second knockout round, 2nd leg 14/15.03.2007

Quarter-finals, 1st leg 05.04.2007

Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 12.04.2007

Semi-finals, 1st leg 26.04.2007

Semi-finals, 2nd leg 03.05.2007

Final (Glasgow, Scotland) 16.05.2007

Rest of UEFA dates

Hi from den and Baz, still in Cologne and very tired.

Gutted for Paul as were all the guys the other night.

Yesterdays carnival was from another universe - never seen anything like it. Todays carnival off to a slower start, just the odd pocket of rock and rolling/revelling folk. Should be in full swing soon though.

Game was poor - cant beleive we scored 2 or conceded 3. Also couldnt beleive the idiots fighting in the ground.

Fly back this evening.

Yesterdays carnival was from another universe - never seen anything like it.

Unbelievable that carnival! And its on for 5 days! Never happen here there'd just be gangs of dollopers spewing up and battling!

'Viva Colognia' anybody? I'm still bloody hoarse!

Winners of Match 3 v Winners of Match 4

Presuming we win next week I take it we are away in the first leg of the next round? Come on Lens!

Unbelievable that carnival! And its on for 5 days! Never happen here there'd just be gangs of dollopers spewing up and battling!

'Viva Colognia' anybody? I'm still bloody hoarse!

That is fantastic, we got right into the festival thing.

So much so that after the game we 'gate crashed' a big event next to our hotel in the Cologne fetival hall.

What a laugh, i'm going back near for the festival, I cant wait.

As we left the carnival was just getting going, the streets we full of Germans in fancy dress and several English dressed as, well English football fans. Just had a txt from Ribblesdale.....IT'S FANTASTIC GAV........i guess they'll have a great night, wish we'd have book the extra night now. Anyway off to bed, work in the morning.

We certainly did have a great night, in fact a great trip all round.

The city of Cologne yesterday was something else, something that you had to see to believe. The Germans were out drinking on the streets from 8am, and a good number of them didn't see beyond midday!! The place was absolutely heaving and we had to drink out on the streets until about 9 o'clock last night because the bars were full of singing and dancing locals. We did manage to get in eventually.

The German people were excellent and never again will I call them (well maybe when they beat England on pens).

By the way if anyone on here was among the Rovers fans we bumped into and were singing with in the city centre at about 2 o'clock this morning, then nice one!!

:rover: great week,i am now feeling 21 again,badges all but gone so keep hold off them and they will be a permanant reminder off a great 5 days for me,note the singer is my nephew,son is too busy with his chick to follow the blues these days,and he,s only 12 :wub:

People have spent hard earned money to travel and watch a game of football. They shouldnt have to be intimidated by alcahol induced muppets.

I always thought the muppets were mildly entertaining, the scum that were fighting and/or causing trouble were just purely their for that reason, they were not supporting Rovers.

I watched one lad sneakily make his way up behind the bigger lad, throw a punch and run away, now how hard does that lad think he is ? Fear not my idiotic friend your on video and will be identified to the club. Another two also made their way from the other side of the end just to make up the numbers.

The young lady that was having a real go at the scum, every credit to you love, I am certain that idiot who front a female supporter up is again one of the really hard crew of parasytes that have attached themselves to us.

Every Rovers fan who has any names have their duty to do and should inform the club of their names. I am big enough and brave enough to do so and if you arent pm me their names and I will do it.

Fantastic effort by our real fans, your a credit to our fine club :brfc:

Got back late last night, knackered.

Had a cracking time, yesterday in Cologne was brilliant, just wish I could have stayed one more night.

I'm going back next year the Germans certainly know how to throw a party!

Good to see some faces, Waggy, top bloke, cheers for the badge.

CircoW, good to meet you, did I have a bad head yesterday.

Good to meet you too, fella. Thanks to you and your lot for looking after me! Must meet up again (in Lens, hopefully).

... and thanks to Jim Royle for saying hello and making me feel less lonely!

Waggy, cheers for the badge and programme... top man.

That is fantastic, we got right into the festival thing.

So much so that after the game we 'gate crashed' a big event next to our hotel in the Cologne fetival hall.

What a laugh, i'm going back near for the festival, I cant wait.

How did I miss out on that!?!?!

Quarter-finals, 1st leg 05.04.2007

Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 12.04.2007

Oh great i have gigs on both those dates. Guess i will have to sell my tickets and come and support the lads.

Archived