BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had a call from Gav over there, giving me a packed pub's rendition of no nay never, led by Macky.

God I wished I'd gone today................not t'bother roll on tomorrow morning :brfc::D

Aye -it was a classic ! Plenty more of that at 1pm when i see the legend Mack today.

:rover: spent all day in one bar,till it shut down for fans singing about 8.30pm,then went round town and most off the bars would not let us in :angry::brfc:

Waggy - I left there at 7.30 when they started getting arsey with your lad for singing.

Met a load of other blues in Jamesons who were no problem. Great place - only downside is it is 10 mins walk from HauptBahnof

British Airways regret to announce (actually we couldn't give a @#/?) the cancellation of flight BA1686 from Manchester to Dusseldorf. Passengers booked on this flight should report to the ticket sales desk......................who will book you on a flight to Heathrow and then onward to Dusseldorf.

Full marks to the Geordie fans for their sympathetic ear. Hope you get a win lads!

Several Rovers fans trudged away from the airport as the best we could get was arriving Dusseldorf at 17.40 assumming no further delays.

British Airways regret to announce (actually we couldn't give a ######) the cancellation of flight BA1686 from Manchester to Dusseldorf. Passengers booked on this flight should report to the ticket sales desk......................who will book you on a flight to Heathrow and then onward to Dusseldorf.

Full marks to the Geordie fans for their sympathetic ear. Hope you get a win lads!

Several Rovers fans trudged away from the airport as the best we could get was arriving Dusseldorf at 17.40 assumming no further delays.

Oh dear, you must be well pi$$ed off, did they give a reason for the cancellation?

I take it you haven't gone Paul

Yes. Fortunately no ones mentioned the war.

Just look back to 3 posts down from top of P.34 Bob. Some idiot saying "can't wait to do the Dam Busters thing again" or words to that effect.

Don't they realise that Leverkusen and Cologne especially got absolutely flattened in repeated day and night 1000 bomber raids in 1944/45. There was hardly a building left standing in the entire area. Many 1000's of people were bunt to death in the process, and these cretins are going there to sing the "Dam Busters Theme" to the locals. All I can say is that whatever happens to them will be richly deserved. Just a shame that they will be dragging the good name of Blackburn Rovers through the mud at the same time.

British Airways regret to announce (actually we couldn't give a ######) the cancellation of flight BA1686 from Manchester to Dusseldorf. Passengers booked on this flight should report to the ticket sales desk......................who will book you on a flight to Heathrow and then onward to Dusseldorf.

Thats awful :angry: I hope you get some good compensation from that.

In effect you have 35mins to drop your stuff off and get to the stadium, from dusseldorf. Good Luck with that :rover:

Oh dear, you must be well pi$$ed off, did they give a reason for the cancellation?

Yes that would adequately describe my state of mind! Technical difficulties in Geneva apparently.

I take it you haven't gone Paul

Only flights available were Manchester > Heathrow > Dusseldorf which was full by the time I got in the queue. Or Manchester > Dusseldorf arriving 17.35. Allows 18 minutes to get through customs, immigration, find train, buy ticket etc. Train to Leverksuen left at 17.53 arriving at 18.43. Next train was 18.32 arriving 18.54. One mile walk to ground...............might have seen the last 30 minutes if everything went OK.

Got the flight refunded and the hotel were very kind and gave me a refund. Can't get the match ticket refunded as Rovers have sent everything back to Leverkusen. When I rang the TO they asked straight way if I was on the 12.50 from Manchester!!!!

I may get a taxi to Blues tonight

Gutted for you Paul.

Hopefully you'll get to fulfill your dream when we qualify for the next round! Fingers crossed and all that.

I'll echoe those comments. I guess you're devastated.

If we get to the final I will personally start a movement for you to lead the team out in Glasgow!

What an absolute bummer , first trip n all -I know its not what you want to hear but but gutted for you Paul.

So that's Blackpool fans yesterday and Rovers Fans today

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but we are trying to work out the logitics of getting to Blackburn from Coventry and not being able to leave work until 3.30.

Will this match be on tele as not worth begging to have time off work if it is! My head teacher is odd!

Archived