BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic trip!

As has been mentioned before, the 2 leg format adds a lot of spice to the games. 3-1 would've been a catastrophe, but I think anyone would've taken 3-2 before setting off.

Great to meet up with folks from BRFCS and can't wait to do it all again in Lens, cos make no mistake we'll do em next week! :)

Simon :brfc:

Without trying to count chikcens etc but I have had a quick sneaky research of Lens and its town, it does not make for interesting reading.

approx 98 km from Calais and a reasonably straight drive it has nothing attractive about it ! In fact its almost on a par with burnley.

Without trying to count chikcens etc but I have had a quick sneaky research of Lens and its town, it does not make for interesting reading.

approx 98 km from Calais and a reasonably straight drive it has nothing attractive about it ! In fact its almost on a par with burnley.

Lille is fine though - and it's next door to Lens. Provisional hotel booking already done.

:ph34r:

lille is not a very nice place mate spent 6 months in the town when the wife was at uni

Stayed there couple of nights before our game against Lyon - seemed ok but a bit dingey and quiet really - didn't appear to be very many bars - but it was late when we got there.

However, my Arsenal mate reckons Lens away is one of the best European trips he's ever been on. Easy to get to, cheap booze etc...

I might struggle to do this one as flying to Barcelona for my mates stag do on Friday morning. Mind you, where there is a will, there's a way!

Stayed there couple of nights before our game against Lyon - seemed ok but a bit dingey and quiet really - didn't appear to be very many bars - but it was late when we got there.

The company I work for has offices in Lille that I've been to a couple of times. I've nothing good or bad to say about the place, everything is very average. Kind of like Preston (which I believe is statistically the most average place in the UK).

However, my Arsenal mate reckons Lens away is one of the best European trips he's ever been on. Easy to get to, cheap booze etc...

I might struggle to do this one as flying to Barcelona for my mates stag do on Friday morning. Mind you, where there is a will, there's a way!

Arent you lucky that you met me then, i'll see you there.

:rover: great week,i am now feeling 21 again,badges all but gone so keep hold off them and they will be a permanant reminder off a great 5 days for me,note the singer is my nephew,son is too busy with his chick to follow the blues these days,and he,s only 12 :wub:

Waggy

I presume that was you flat cap et all in the irish bar during carnival day, we were the 3 blokes with german mullets etc..talked about the Big Black B--d

Gutted lost my badge!

Small matter of having to beat Leverkusen first.

Cologne - fantastic. I have brought my blond mullet wig and big shades home.

Berlin for the weekend (caught the Hertha v Mainz game) was cracking too!

Was I chatting to you outside a Chinese Restaurent?

Some of the rabble that follow The Rags have apparently had a hard time before tonights game. Might be found amusing were it not for the fact that the game is taking place in Lens :unsure:

Sounds kind of similar to the farce in Feyenoord, where they only opened one of the sections they were supposed to. United to make some representations after the game. (which knowing our luck will mean no away fans in that ground for a while).

Archived