BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Hannah! That's your little game is it?

See you back at school.

The Head.

Quite funny!

But what would he be doing as a massive Birmingham City fan on this website?!?!

Any serious answers about whether the game is on tele or not, after all I now have sky!!!

Quite funny!

But what would he be doing as a massive Birmingham City fan on this website?!?!

Any serious answers about whether the game is on tele or not, after all I now have sky!!!

It's on a German channel, no idea which one- that's probably on sky somewhere!

Probably Eurosport

It's on ITV4 :)

I'll just make sure we have that downstairs, although I'm pretty sure we have. I'll probably be going either way, so it doesn't matter too much :P

we were told at the Fans Forum that it would be either ITV2 or ITV4, depending on whether the Spurs match was off. As it is off I imagine it will be ITV2.

That's some blow, Paul, I really feel for you. So unlucky - but there's still hope we can get through to the next round!

No crowd trouble amongst the Leverkusen fans then? Not that we need help, but a freebie spot surely wouldn't hurt.. <_<

The crowd trouble was among our fans.

Yes that would adequately describe my state of mind! Technical difficulties in Geneva apparently.

Only flights available were Manchester > Heathrow > Dusseldorf which was full by the time I got in the queue. Or Manchester > Dusseldorf arriving 17.35. Allows 18 minutes to get through customs, immigration, find train, buy ticket etc. Train to Leverksuen left at 17.53 arriving at 18.43. Next train was 18.32 arriving 18.54. One mile walk to ground...............might have seen the last 30 minutes if everything went OK.

Got the flight refunded and the hotel were very kind and gave me a refund. Can't get the match ticket refunded as Rovers have sent everything back to Leverkusen. When I rang the TO they asked straight way if I was on the 12.50 from Manchester!!!!

I may get a taxi to Blues tonight

Gutted for you Paul, we all know how much you were looking forward to your first Euro away trip.

I'm sure the lads will get through to the next round and trip to Greece or France for you. :tu:

Jan,

it happens,

it's no big deal,

get over it.

People have spent hard earned money to travel and watch a game of football. They shouldnt have to be intimidated by alcahol induced muppets.

Fortunately I havent been subject to this behavious, however if this is to be the norm, then Rovers have no chance of improving attendances. In fact they will more than likely see a further decline in attendances as families keep their children away.

How anyone can condone fighting at games especially between ones own supporters is beyond belief.

If we get to the final I will personally start a movement for you to lead the team out in Glasgow!

You're on! Now I'm expecting a full house at Ewood next week to ensure we qualify :)

Feeling much happier this morning, so just a word of thanks to all the members who posted on here, texted from Germany or sent an e-mail, it's very much appreciated. That and meeting two very sympathetic Geordies at the airport shows the good side of football. Thanks everyone.

When was there fighting with Rovers fans?

Last night

People who were old enough and ugly enough to know better. And I mean that in ALL senses of the word. Fortunately most of us were singing "you're just a bunch of d*ckheads" and "out, out ,out" at them. It didn't stop them or make them ashamed, and others seemed to put in a thump of their own rather than stop them.

Jan,

it happens,

it's no big deal,

get over it.

Aggy,

It shouldn't happen.

If it happens, it indicates drunken or loutish behaviour.

It IS a big deal, because it is picked on by the media and further damage is done to Rovers reputation.

It is totally unacceptable and should be condemned by all decent people.

Fife.

ok, rovers fans battling with eachother....when was the last time this happened where rovers fans decided to scrap with supporters of the same club?? it doesn't just happen, that is why i along with jan are probably rather shocked at this.

This used to happen more often than you think - seen it few times over the years but it is a while since I saw anyhing similar (but then again - what about the situation with the Brotherstone incident the other month)

Last night

People who were old enough and ugly enough to know better. And I mean that in ALL senses of the word. Fortunately most of us were singing "you're just a bunch of d*ckheads" and "out, out ,out" at them. It didn't stop them or make them ashamed, and others seemed to put in a thump of their own rather than stop them.

Back in the office after another heavy night last yesterday evening.

Trouble was quite appalling. No problem with Leverkusen fans - absolutely fantastic crack with them in one of the lever bars before the game and on way to and from station.

Heard on the train that some bloke and young lad had been arguing and bloke hit the lad. Lad happened to be from the Station pub apparently so rest of the lads he was with just piled into this guy and gave him a right pummelling.

Stewards didn't really fancy getting involved - the 100 or so police to the side just seemed a little perplexed that crazy english people should fight between themselves so just let them get on with it until it came to a natural end. 4 people were picked out at half time and arrested for their troubles.

As Jan says the only heartening thing about it was about 95% of the crowd who were singing what a bunch of dickheads. I actually felt it took the edge of what was a tremendous atmosphere with the rovers fans. Rovers fans were generally great apart from that.

Didn't see any problems in Koln either evening. Riot police kept their distance but were always round the corner just in case. Police were great actually = helpful, friendly, relaxed and a good laugh in most cases !

Great to see loads of friends old and new both in Jamesons, Barney Valley's. For those that couldn't make it - you missed out. This was one hell of an experience !

Think Gav managed to record another Macky rendition on Tuesday evening.

Special mention to Gaz Ginger#s lad who was outstanding with his continued singing in Barney Valley#s before the game. Thanks for the Jaegermeister salute before departing for the station boys !

Trouble was quite appalling. No problem with Leverkusen fans - absolutely fantastic crack with them in one of the lever bars before the game and on way to and from station.

Heard on the train that some bloke and young lad had been arguing and bloke hit the lad. Lad happened to be from the Station pub apparently so rest of the lads he was with just piled into this guy and gave him a right pummelling.

Stewards didn't really fancy getting involved - the 100 or so police to the side just seemed a little perplexed that crazy english people should fight between themselves so just let them get on with it until it came to a natural end. 4 people were picked out at half time and arrested for their troubles.

As Jan says the only heartening thing about it was about 95% of the crowd who were singing what a bunch of dickheads. I actually felt it took the edge of what was a tremendous atmosphere with the rovers fans. Rovers fans were generally great apart from that.

Disgraceful behaviour. We really don't need these idiots. Definately took the edge of a great atmosphere. And Jan - you're wrong when you say "The crowd trouble was among our fans". They are NOTHING to do with Blackburn Rovers and the sooner they get the message the better for everyone.

However, Cologne and the German people as wonderful as always.

Archived