BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

The guy who sits next to me at work lived there for a few years. Yeah its "old womens night". All the young women get dressed up as old dears and are allowed to do whatever they want. The way he frased it was "they all get to be slags for the night". Blokes dress up, he recommends going as a St George night (and apparently thats what the locals do - not cause of the English connection). If you get your tie cut it basically means they want to sleep with you. He went back there this time last year for the festival and talked about it then so its not a wind up, even if his stories were exaggerated (as I am sure they were).

haha

woops that aint good for me

ill be mobbed by tie cutters

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I coluld do with some help here please. I'm hoping to make this my first Euro trip with Rovers, I don't suppose Celtic counts? So some questions please:

Do we know the KO date and time yet? I get the impression it's the 14th but can't find anyhting on the official site.

How good are the chances of getting tickets? I'm going to need two. I don't expect to get ahead of the regulars but want to make sure I'm in with the rest.

What are the forms we have to complete? Where can I get them? I don't recall filling anything out for Celtic

I won't book flights until I have tickets. Roughly how long do we have to wait for ticket info?

This shows the value of Neill's goal on Wednesday.

Nancy have drawn Shaktar Donetsk...the Ukraine is a long way.

Not from Dubai its not. the board has very East Lancashire Bias, can the Mod do something about this LOL

Mike

PS Holding out for the Parathenikos Game on 8/3/07

Mike

What happened to there being an official date for the game released by the club yesterday?

I'm like Paul, I'm not booking my flights until there's confirmation. 2 or 3 night stay could mean the difference between divorce or no divorce!!

I coluld do with some help here please. I'm hoping to make this my first Euro trip with Rovers, I don't suppose Celtic counts? So some questions please:

Do we know the KO date and time yet? I get the impression it's the 14th but can't find anyhting on the official site.

How good are the chances of getting tickets? I'm going to need two. I don't expect to get ahead of the regulars but want to make sure I'm in with the rest.

What are the forms we have to complete? Where can I get them? I don't recall filling anything out for Celtic

I won't book flights until I have tickets. Roughly how long do we have to wait for ticket info?

If they're looking at a late afternoon kick-off that suggests the hand of television, trying to fit in two games on one night, which presumably is leading to the delay. I'll ask at the ticket office when I'm down there later with my Christmas order.

Lots of questions there Paul. No KO time and date confirmed yet, hopefully something this week.

As you'll be travelling overseas the form you need to fill in requires details of who you are, where you are staying in Germany, the length of stay, passport number etc. You won't have filled anything for Glasgow because it wasn't overseas.

if you aren't planning on booking anything until tickets are in hand, then you might have a bit to wait, as it is up to the opposing club to send the tickets to us early! This hasn't really been the case thus far, but hopefully with there being nearly two months to prepare then things should be better.

Most fans have tended to (in this order) book flights, sort out accomodation, apply for tickets, then receive tickets.

What happened to there being an official date for the game released by the club yesterday?

I'm like Paul, I'm not booking my flights until there's confirmation. 2 or 3 night stay could mean the difference between divorce or no divorce!!

Actually the comfirmation doesn't have to be announced until January 8th! But it is hoped something will be announced this week.

As it is Leverkusen's home game, we really are waiting on what they decide.

Most fans have tended to (in this order) book flights, sort out accomodation, apply for tickets, then receive tickets.

Thanks for all the info Lee, very helpful for the novice. I appreciate many fans do this, but I suspect these are folk who know they are pretty much guaranteed a match ticket through past history. No problems with that at all, but I suspect I shall be a long way down the priority list and I'm not going to risk plane tickets until I know the match ticket situation. Basically I'll just be lumped in with all the ST holders at best. Having just checked the Christmas bank balance taking that risk could end in divorce!!!

I'm gambling that as public transport is very good in Germany we can fly into a range of airports and use the train. Perhaps even cheaper into Schiphol and train from Amsterdam, I think there could be lots of ways to skin this particular cat. No doubt those with more experience will "yea or neigh" those thoughts.

Thanks for all the info Lee, very helpful for the novice. I appreciate many fans do this, but I suspect these are folk who know they are pretty much guaranteed a match ticket through past history. No problems with that at all, but I suspect I shall be a long way down the priority list and I'm not going to risk plane tickets until I know the match ticket situation. Basically I'll just be lumped in with all the ST holders at best. Having just checked the Christmas bank balance taking that risk could end in divorce!!!

I'm gambling that as public transport is very good in Germany we can fly into a range of airports and use the train. Perhaps even cheaper into Schiphol and train from Amsterdam, I think there could be lots of ways to skin this particular cat. No doubt those with more experience will "yea or neigh" those thoughts.

Paul,

Iy maybe better writing to the ticket office and explaining the situation. As Lee says the form will ask you for flight details etc however if you are not in position to book them until you are guarenteed a ticket could jeperdize that.

From past experiences the club are usually extrememly helpful for things like this.

For previous trips they will usually except the forms prior to the release date of the ticket. I know for Salzburg we had our tickets before they went on sale.

I know, but I thought in Pauls posistion it would probably work in his favour to atleast notify the club that he wanted to go and then atleast he would be near the front of the queue for when the tickets go on sale to those that have not attended a european away game.

Out of interest Lee, do those with away season tickets get priority on European away games even if they have not been to one before?

I'd be very surprised that an away season ticket holder didn't go to the Euro games to be honest, unless they have no passport.

Don't you get called up and asked if you want a ticket? I thoughts that was what happened.

I'd be very surprised that an away season ticket holder didn't go to the Euro games to be honest, unless they have no passport.

Don't you get called up and asked if you want a ticket? I thoughts that was what happened.

They have only contacted me for the Salzburg game. For the ones after that I just sent the forms indicating that I was an away season ticket holder.

The lad I go with has an away season ticket but has not attended a Euro away game. I was just checking on his behalf.

I have found some decent pictures of Leverkusens ground HERE.

Also if there are any Bayer fans around where about do the away fans sit?

Jordan

With reference to your plan of the Bayarena (Leverkusen's stadium), the red bits are for the away fans. Part F4 is seated and parts G1 G2 and G3 are standing areas. I was in G4 for a Bundesliga game against Hamburg in October. The atmosphere in the Away areas was excellent and the acoustics were also superb. One thing they had which I'd never experienced at any other ground were heaters hanging from the roof which gave off so much heat that the crowd were in shirt sleeves on a chilly October Evening. The Schnitzel rolls are also to be recommended although I doubt the excellent beer will be on sale at a UEFA Cup match.

I live 3 or 4 hours down the road from Cologne. However, I guess the chances of a ticket are absolutely zero since I haven't been to a game for yonks.

Tossing up between watching teh game on Eurosport down a local bar, or travelling up and sitting with the home fans. Don't fancy the latter too much.

I live 3 or 4 hours down the road from Cologne. However, I guess the chances of a ticket are absolutely zero since I haven't been to a game for yonks.

Tossing up between watching teh game on Eurosport down a local bar, or travelling up and sitting with the home fans. Don't fancy the latter too much.

From past experiences the best thing about the European games is the atmosphere in the pubs and around the ground before the game. Even if you dont have a ticket you will have a brilliant time in Cologne/Leverkusen before and after the game. You never know you may find someone with a spare ticket.

Do people really think that there'll be a big ticket demand for this one?

I'm a non season ticket holder and I've had no problem going to Salzburg, Krakow and Feyenoord.

Is it likely that the ticket office will be organized enough to give priority to some over others (depending on games attended etc) or is this one likely to be season ticket holders only with a scramble for anyone else?

This isn't a comment on who should get priority over others (don't want to start that one up again!) just wondering what's likely to happen.

I'm a non season ticket holder and I've had no problem going to Salzburg, Krakow and Feyenoord.

With that ticket history I'd say you're a nailed on certainty to get a ticket. If there is big demand it will be those with a history who get priority.

I know, but I thought in Pauls posistion it would probably work in his favour to atleast notify the club that he wanted to go and then atleast he would be near the front of the queue for when the tickets go on sale to those that have not attended a european away game.

It's a good point Jordan, thanks. I shall be down there tomorrow making enquiries.

I rang them earlier on today to see if I could find out any news but got nowhere except a decision will be made soon. Also queried about ticket allocation and the lady stated that if you went to 2 out of the 3 away games there would not be a problem. Out of those 3 games there are 600 supporters who have made 2 games and 350 that have made all 3.

So Leverkusen here we come :brfc:

Archived