Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£17 for tickets

Puts our ticket pricing to shame.

Why would that be exactly???

Didn't we charge £15 for 2 games for season ticket holders.

I'm sure non of the 3 home games in europe have cost any more than £15 so you might want to review your comment.

Why would that be exactly???

Didn't we charge £15 for 2 games for season ticket holders.

I'm sure non of the 3 home games in europe have cost any more than £15 so you might want to review your comment.

To be fair i think the prices all over Europe are a hell of a lot cheaper to what we pay here.

You have a point though Ricky, to watch Rovers in Europe this season has been excellent value.

Having now booked flights and accommodation I now feel I can share this...

I was on a stag do in Dusseldorf and Cologne in Feb 2005 - stayed from the equivalent Thursday through to the Sunday and I've never seen a mostly-outdoor industrial drinking party on such a massive scale. There were literally thousands still out full tilt at 4:30am when we called it a night (each night!). Both cities have their Altstadt where the Karneval really gets going, if you start to tire of the Altbier or Kolsch in either city, it's very easy to get to t'other...

The German folk were brilliant, friendly and welcoming and their country and how things are run has all the efficiency you would expect (it's no cliche). For the amount of drinking being done, there was remarkably little in the way of bother (hope that remains the case).

They can indisputably take their ale (even though it is typically served in tiny 200ml glasses/paper/placky beakers!). That said, one Cologne brauhaus even had a special vomit basin with a big open plug hole, sensibly on entry to the bog (probably for tourists).

This is one match where wigs, jesters hats and other assorted bizarre headgear are essential (you can buy them from loads of places, if you want to enter into the spirit of things).

Even if Leverkusen tickets are not guaranteed and, it being our fourth continental sojourn, fans' finances may be getting tight, I can heartily recommend this trip. It will make Amsterdam seem like Langho on a wet Tuesday night!

Finally if your are in Dusseldorf at any point, try and sample the liquorice schnapps Killerpitsch. :tu:

Just looked at the official site - seems like people that have only been to one away UEFA match may struggle.

Perhaps the club should review its policy in future so that you don't have to supply them with a form with all your accommodation and travel details before you apply for a ticket.

I'm risking a lot of dosh on the chance that me and my mate will get tickets, just hope I don't end up watching it in a Bierkeller.

Just looked at the official site - seems like people that have only been to one away UEFA match may struggle.

Perhaps the club should review its policy in future so that you don't have to supply them with a form with all your accommodation and travel details before you apply for a ticket.

I'm risking a lot of dosh on the chance that me and my mate will get tickets, just hope I don't end up watching it in a Bierkeller.

After my Feyenoord match experience I'd gladly watch the game in a bier keller

Captain Mike's new mission in deepest Germany has now been established.

Attack details are that the initial landing party will be supplemented by a small band of Blue and whites who will attmept to land in Cologne, that is of course totally weather dependent. The eta is 0910hrs, V Day (Valentines Day).

Once landed and secure with all equipment and rations, the next objective is to safely negotiate the security of the German enemies and set up base camp some 14 clicks from the runway. A quick fire yomp will take place with baggage, equipment and provisions. It is anticipated that this phase of the operation, openly named OPERATION BRFC, will see the forward planning party meeting with other support groups, who, if not delayed, should all be present. The group will be noticeable as they should be displaying red or blue and white colours about their person.

At this point the followign objectives will be discussed in full and agreed before the next phase of the movement begins.

Objective 1 - find a female that closely resembles subject "GABRIELLE" and try to turn her into a friendly force.

Objective 2 - find ample supply of German lager and dispose of by the process known as URINATION, or in simple terms ###### it against the wall !

Objective 3 - locate and devour the largest bratwurst to be found in the delicatessan shop.

Objective 4 - having safely secured a holding for the night, stow all equipment and prepare for the onward movement to the next location, that being Leverkusen. All personel to observe local protocol, no mention of the wars and no songs relating to the RAF - HONEST.

Objective 5 - having secured entry in the Bay Arena and ensured the barricades are intact, all personal are to shout, sing and dance as our comrades within the green perimeter fight tooth and nail to secure the advantage. Every attempt should be made to ensure the enemy is rattled although it is clear that NO weapons or contraband should be used to assist in that objective.

Objective 6 - having safely negotiated the 120 minutes in the arena - including break - the next foray for personel is to back track to Cologne using whatever means of transport can be used. personal option is the train which may just take a small matter of 15 minutes. the objective is to then retake the stronghold achieved at objective 2, sing, dance and drink, and be happy before finally reverting to objective 4, bedding down for the rest of the MORNING in preperation for the new objectives that may be set for Thursday :lol:

All issues regarding the above objectives should be addressed to Captain Mike, Leader General Extrodinaire aka Preston Blue :brfc:

See you there all present and correct :brfc:

We're booked - Eurostar London Waterloo to Brussels and then ICE Brussels - Koln Hbf. City Centre hotel right by the station and cathedral.

For anyone after the ultimate bargain -

Ryanair London Stansted - Dusseldorf Weeze on Tues 13th or Weds 14th and return Thurs 13th - currently £0.01 each way - that's ~30 quid return all in.

Weeze has a railway station about 2 miles from the airport (there is a bus link or taxi but you could walk it!)

1hr30 on the train to Koln (1 change) - don't prebook, buy an area ticket when you get there - allows up to 4 to travel on one ticket. Will cost next to nothing if there's 4 of you - about £10 if you're alone).

So Stansted - Weeze - Koln can still be done for 30/40 quid return. Get 4 in a car from Blackburn and even with parking and petrol it's less than 50 quid each.

Happy travelling!!!

We're booked - Eurostar London Waterloo to Brussels and then ICE Brussels - Koln Hbf.

While I don't think I have a hope of getting tickets I'm going to apply. I was thinking of using Eurostar as well. What do you put on the application form in this instance? Waterloo for departure (though I'll leave from Manchester), and Koln as arrival point? The from seems to assume everyone will fly, what if I use car and ferry?

Archived