BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to the ticket office earlier and they told me that the decision on what day the game will be played will be made the first week in Jan :o

Telegraph speculates it will be the Wednesday not the Thursday.

I spoke to the ticket office earlier and they told me that the decision on what day the game will be played will be made the first week in Jan :o

Telegraph speculates it will be the Wednesday not the Thursday.

I take it you've not booked yet.

With the rumour that it could be played weds tea time(ish) I'm glad we are flyin out 7am(ish) on weds :o

I read yesterday that is it *probably* going to be the away leg first.

Just wondering whether the situation had changed?

Bryan the UEFA competition rules state the group winners will play the second leg at home, it's the benefit of winning the group and presumably designed to keep pushing the strongest through to the final stages. Provided the rules are followed we are away in the first leg, presumably Rovers would have to agree to any change and to have the final say on the matter.

Got it all booked now, Leverkusen on a shoestring (ish)

Ryanair- Stanstead to Dusseldorf Weeze on wednesday 14th early, return late friday 16th

£80 return for two of us

Then 2 hour bus to Cologne 18 Euro

Staying at Youth-Hostel Cologne-Riehl - City Hostel in 4 bed dorm 100 Euros for two of us for two nights!

Anyone else flying to Weeze? Its right out of the way but great price plus decent links to Cologne. Not we just need tickets!

Easy jet from East Mids looks best bet-

Tuesday night to Thursday night, but will wait for confirmation of kick off times as still reasonable prices

Will be a good laugh in Cologne a party city, 3 of us going, ticket demand should equal supply around 1,000

Bryan the UEFA competition rules state the group winners will play the second leg at home, it's the benefit of winning the group and presumably designed to keep pushing the strongest through to the final stages. Provided the rules are followed we are away in the first leg, presumably Rovers would have to agree to any change and to have the final say on the matter.

As I understand it the only difference to this is where there are fixture clashes with other UEFA Competitions.

quality. we have the thursday night for drinking at the german girlie festival thing

Sounds like fun Ricky. As long as there are not more antics like the Wednesday night in Salzburg :D

Just has a call from the Ticket Office to say that it is the Wednesday but unsure of the kick off time.

It also looks highly unlikely that I'll get a match ticket anyway.

I'll send in my application and hope for the best.

I'm in the same boat as you Ricky with 1 away game (Krakow). I'm banking on people watching the pennies after Christmas and those being under their missus's thumb being told they can't go away. Midweek trip in February - can't be that many surely?!

I'm in the same boat as you Ricky with 1 away game (Krakow). I'm banking on people watching the pennies after Christmas and those being under their missus's thumb being told they can't go away. Midweek trip in February - can't be that many surely?!

Plus now that the games a wednesday it falls on Valentines day...

Throw caution to the wind and spend Valentines day watching yr favourite team with a tea time kick off, then get yrself into the city for a right good old knees up during the ladies festival :blink:

its gonna be one hel of a night if Rovers win, all day Thursday to recover, another night out then a flight home Friday !

that is of course if the fog has lifted :o:brfc:

Archived