BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 4th Round Draw

Modi

If there's anyone who lives in the Luton area could they put some suggestions on here for early pre-match beer. We fly down, taking advantage of Easyjet's January sale, and land at about 8.30. I believe Luton is a bit of a dump but I've never been myself.

For QPR, the Bush Ranger is a good pub, from memory its just at the other side of the Market from the ground.

Hope its Luton though.

Last time I watched Rovers at Luton I hitch-hiked down with a mate over night. Left Blackburn after throwing-out time at 'Peepers' (Those were the days!) and arrived in Luton at 9:30 Saturday morning after two frustrating three hour stints on the slip roads of Keele and Hilton Park ..... think I'll drive this time :)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luton sees a welcome visit to Mike Newell, but a ground we've never won at, ever.

It also sees a pain in the arse away trip. I will be limited to 2 hours drinking prior to the match however a great 6 hours after.

Stu - Are you allowed to go to the Watford game, should be a good journey and I will bring Corona with Lime.

The games on tuesday

"CUP REPLAY POSTPONED

Regrettably, due to the persistent and heavy rain in the area today making some areas of the pitch unplayable, tonight's FA Cup Third Round Replay against QPR has been postponed.

The match referee, Mr S J Tanner, inspected the pitch at 6.45pm and has informed both Managers of his decision to call the game off due to excessive water on the pitch and in the interests of player safety.

The game has been rearranged to be played next Tuesday 23rd January, kick-off 7.45pm.

All tickets for tonight's game remain valid for next Tuesday's rescheduled match."

So our game will probaly still go ahead on sat

That means we will possibly lose the TV money, but get the match at a decent kick off time

Looking at the fixtures, its likely to be replayed next week, but its going to leave very little time for fans to sort tickets etc.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 16 2007, 18:57 ) 479491[/snapback]

Looking at the fixtures, its likely to be replayed next week, but its going to leave very little time for fans to sort tickets etc.

When we beat Bolton in the cup a few years back and then faced Arsenal the same week, didn't we shift something like 3000 tickets in two days?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 16 2007, 18:57 ) 479491[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

When we beat Bolton in the cup a few years back and then faced Arsenal the same week, didn't we shift something like 3000 tickets in two days?

Was just going to post the same thing. I remember queueing for my Arsenal ticket straight after the Bolton game. We still got slated for only taking 3000 as it was a quarter final. The fact we had 2 days counted for nothing.

I'd expect our game to stay on the Saturday but it will make it very tricky to make any arrangements.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 16 2007, 18:47 ) 479484[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Luton V QPR postponed.. could well mean we end up playing this game after the rest of the 4th round games.

.....so we might miss out on the TV revenue :(

Luton or QPR v Rovers - Sat 27th Jan,

Live on BBC1 12.10pm, kick-off 12.30pm

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 17 2007, 21:29 ) 480143[/snapback]

Not strictly Rovers, but I really am enjoying the battle of the 2 biggest clubs in the world. 10 man Newcastle losing 3-1 at home to Brum, but could have been 6.

I'm watching it as well, the atmosphere is electric :unsure:

Archived