BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott Hollands Pies!

I live in Baxenden, quite near to Hollands, and several of my friends and neighbours work for them. They all assure me that only the best ingredients go into their products and they buy them themselves from the staff shop.

Thats good enough for me. I just hope that the Irish factory work to the same standards.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add nowaccording to Radio Lancs this morning, Hollands have announced another 50 jobs to go with more of the production moving to the parent company Northern Foods in Ireland

CLICK ME

HOLLANDS

I live in Baxenden, quite near to Hollands, and several of my friends and neighbours work for them. They all assure me that only the best ingredients go into their products and they buy them themselves from the staff shop.

Thats good enough for me. I just hope that the Irish factory work to the same standards.

I have family who work there

I used to work there over the summer whilst I was still at University.

There were lot's of great people who worked there and I enjoyed myself.

And I still love the pies. Great ingredients and whilst you are working you get as many free pies as you wish.

Brilliant

I still regularly travel to Accrington to pick them up and bring back to Leeds

What about Levers pies....They were the dogs.....

My grandma used to work there and I got free ones...Also, their t-cakes were cool.

When I was a kid during 6 week holidays I used to play footie outside the players entrance on Nuttall street....The players used to ask us to go and get them pies from Levers and Chips from Ling's across the road....Simon Barker, Mark Patterson...yep, I mingled with all the stars....and what a diet !!!!

So Hollands is really no longer a local piemaker?? The Worlds gone mad I tell you mad. I was always very fond of Hollands pies. Especially the Steak Puds, when I could cough up the few extra P for one. Mmmm Steak Pud, chips and peas wi peas on top. Buggar whens the next flight home

Agreed. Absolute heaven, especially with gravy on top. Beats Gordon Ramsay's rubbish any day and US burgers too !

Thats the biggest reason to boycott them. No doubt the workings of the EU development grant system. WE give the eu loads of taxpayers money and they invest it with foreign countries to take the businesses and jobs that provide the bunce away. :blink:

If you can provide one iota of evidence to back up that I'll eat my (Rovers woolly) hat.

If you look at Hollands' parent company's web site

here

you will see that Northern Foods has a market in Ireland and is presumably partially relocating there to save on transport costs of the finished goods.

And in light of posts from people in the know I now apologise for suggesting that Hollands' pies contain bits of cows bottoms.

Greenhalgh's pies Chorley and Ormskirk are the best!

Only 1 to go!

All I can say is that if you seriously think that Greenhalgh's make better pies then Halls then you must have a permanent cold. I've yet to taste better than Halls, though Levers and a pie shop on New Hall Lane in Preston come close.

Sorry Al,

Hollands Pies are allegedly crap, foul, full of salt, fat, gristle, ground up bits of arsehole, & intestine.

Probably of dog & rat.

I'm going to get this board in lots & lots of trouble for this.

Bloody Vegetarians (oxymoron ?)

Any road up, best pies ?

Coppull - Rueben Marsden - flat steak.

Birkenhead Market (family bakery in far corner of food hall) Steak and Kidney - outstanding.

Expensive - An Oggy whatever that is. Bought a big one and small one in Altrincham for me and titch, five and a half quid !

you will see that Northern Foods has a market in Ireland and is presumably partially relocating there to save on transport costs of the finished goods.

Listening to the radio last night it would appear that the main reason is there is not enough room to expand on the present site ( being an ex Bash lad I can understand this to some degree)

Speaking to my sister last night - said decisions would be made upon sickness and attendance records

• 2 weeks later...

Archived