BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect the "non-girly" activity was because he know he was actually badly injured. That old saw that commentators come out with about the badly injured not rolling about is generally correct. It is generally a rule that anyone who gets strechered-off and doesn't make a Lazarus-like recovery on the touchline is truely knackered.

The corollory being the likes of Drogba who drops like a rock clutching his face at every opportunity. If he really had that many injuries to his head he'd have a face like a butcher's chopping board.

Oh.....

Blimey! A Colin post that I agree with! Players with serious leg injuries do not roll around.

btw keep it up Col.... after all its only taken you close on 6000 failed attempts. :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh Gordy, you do make me chuckle.

Good to see Sav getting his two penneth in, he's absolutely spot on as well, it wasn't a good tackle. I would have liked to see him put forward a more staunch defense of himself in face of the "he had it coming" comments, but I guess that would only turn the shitebag media further against him.

Silver-lining to every cloud

While Savage's injury is nothing to celebrate it gives Hughes a chance to mix up that central midfield a bit more

Lets face it- Savage and Tugsy in there, our central midfield is aging

I hope Sparky does the right thing and give a younger midfielder a role in the FA Cup

*CBF scrolling through 7 pages of text, this may have already been mentioned... if so, i'll just shutup and get back in my box :ph34r:

Gilberto: I would accept Savage's apology.

How grand of him.

Big club propaganda eh? He kicks sav and quite rightly to the general concensus of all and according to the rules gets sent off........... so just who should apologise to whom? The only apologies necessary should be him to his teamates for being such a petulant d1ckhead and leaving them in the sh1t. I'd guess Wenger would have given him the biggest bollocking of his carreer if they had lost.

Gilberto: I would accept Savage's apology.

How grand of him.

This iss from the L.E.T

BLACKBURN Rovers' Robbie Savage has received a get well soon message from an unlikely source - Arsenal's Gilberto Silva!

The pair were involved in a controversial clash when the two sides met at Ewood Park earlier this month, which saw the Brazilian sent off for kicking out at Savage and subsequently banned for three games.

But following the former Welsh international's leg break against Watford last week, 30-year-old Gilberto offered words of comfort, and said he did not hold a grudge against his fellow midfielder.

Advertisement continued..."I feel sorry for him because, even with what he did against me, it's not the kind of thing I would want for a fellow professional," he said.

"I wish him all the best and a good recovery so that he can come back quickly.

"I heard he broke his leg but I don't hold anything against him.

"He wants to play football and what happened with me is the kind of thing I want to forget.

"I didn't see him after the game. He didn't call to apologise or anything - but I think I was so upset maybe I didn't want his apology.

"But if he tries to say sorry to me, then, of course, I would accept that."

lETS ALL AGREE, GET WELL SOON, Robbie

..."I feel sorry for him because, even with what he did against me, it's not the kind of thing I would want for a fellow professional," he said.

"I didn't see him after the game. He didn't call to apologise or anything - but I think I was so upset maybe I didn't want his apology.

"But if he tries to say sorry to me, then, of course, I would accept that."

What a bloody prat!

Eh? For what? *Takes Samba aside and shows him picture of Gilberto for future reference* :angry:

I've read ewoodblue's post about the card to Sav and take back what I said (above).

*Shows Gilberto's picture to the Admiral as well for good measure*

Eh? For what? *Takes Samba aside and shows him picture of Gilberto for future reference* :angry:

I've read ewoodblue's post about the card to Sav and take back what I said (above).

*Shows Gilberto's picture to the Admiral as well for good measure*

were the admiral and samba round for dinner today or something roversmum? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I have been suprised at people i knows responce to the injury. Most people have said they wish he hadn't been injured. Apart from the guy at the fish & chip shop, who said he was glad he broke his leg and i am now going to blank (& refuse to be served by) until savage returns from injury.

Probably good for your health that.

Archived