BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

Oh ok then, the way savage goes into tackles this was always going to happen, and im suprised it's taken this long. I find amazing on here, how no matter what happens it's not rovers fault. Savage went into that tackle last nite, like a woman FACT ok then ill give you another bad tackle...... Neill on Carragher.

Bad injuries happen to lots of players however they go into tackles. Are you saying that Carragher goes into tackles like a girl too???

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have been a red and had it been Savage who had done it to another player then we would have the media going on about dirty Savage and bully-boy Rovers.

The usual inconsistency. As others have said, if we had played the way Watford did, we'd be slated from pillar to post.

Why did you bring up the Neill/Carragher tackle - I thought you were on about how players get injured by going INTO tackles?

No I said the way Robbie Savage goes into tackles i'm not suprised he's sustained a serious injury.....

I brought up the Neill/Carragher tackle to show that these things happen in football and we have been far from angels.

Big question for everybody: can Dunn and Tugay play together in the centre? Or Bentley and Tugay? Or even Bentley and Dunn?

Personally I can't really see it as we won't be able to pick up the second balls or hassle the midfield adequately. Most teams, especially the good passing sides, will kill us.

Unless we get a signing in quick I would suggest the only real possibility is 451:

-----------------McCarthy

Pedersen----------------------Bentley

-----------Tugay---------Dunn

-----------------Mokoena

-Warnock--Zurab---Nelsen?---Emerton

------------------Freidel

Anything else and I can see us really haemoraging points over the next three months, just like our awful run in October/November when Savage was injured and we tried to play Mokoena in a 442.

The one saving grace is that Dunn could thrive in such a formation.

Big question for everybody: can Dunn and Tugay play together in the centre? Or Bentley and Tugay? Or even Bentley and Dunn?

Personally I can't really see it as we won't be able to pick up the second balls or hassle the midfield adequately. Most teams, especially the good passing sides, will kill us.

Unless we get a signing in quick I would suggest the only real possibility is 451:

-----------------Mokoena

Anything else and I can see us really haemoraging points over the next three months, just like our awful run in October/November when Savage was injured and we tried to play Mokoena in a 442.

To be honest I don't think we can even contemplate moving Bentley of the right wing, he has been quality there this season, and probably the best crosser of a ball we have got. We definantly need a new combative midfield Mokeona simply not good enough. Tugay and Dunn maybe ok from time to time, but no good when its a roll up your sleeves type of game.

-----------------Mokoena

I've always been a fan of 4-5-1 providing the midfield is an attatcking one. its very unlikely that Tugay or Dunn will be able to play every game for the rest of the season,never mind both of them!

If we want to acheive anything further in the Uefa cup or in the fa cup then we really need a replacement for Savage or else i can see us going out of both compitions pretty sharpish!

Terrible news.

Is a fracture worse than an actually clean break?

We've basically got the entire centre of our team missing now. Ooijer & Nelsen would be our two CBs if fit and Savage & Reid played well together last season in CM. PLus Roberts would probably be partnering McCarthy upfront if fit.

Get Well Soon Sav!

Terrible news.

We've basically got the entire centre of our team missing now. Ooijer & Nelsen would be our two CBs if fit and Savage & Reid played well together last season in CM. PLus Roberts would probably be partnering McCarthy upfront if fit.

Lets just hope the old addage 'it comes in 3's' doesn't come into play and Brad comes a cropper at Luton

Big question for everybody: can Dunn and Tugay play together in the centre?

Whoaaaaaaaa. Ever get the feeling that you've lost 4 years of your life?

The Dunn/Tugay connundrum has been in existence for a long time, and has never really been proven either way. They've played together well there on occassions, and they've played badly there on occassions. I'm still a believer and hope MH gives it a go. It'll be fun to try.

Terrible news.

Is a fracture worse than an actually clean break?

Get Well Soon Sav!

A fracture is a clean break, when part of the bone breaks away. Depending on the severity of the break and age of the person the leg might need to be pinned in order to rejoin the bone. The fibres then re-attach and grow back together.

You also hear hairline fracture being banded about. This (I'm led to believe) is just a crack in the bone. i think Andy Cole sustained 2 in 1 game and limped off. Think he was back playing within 6 weeks.

Then you have compound fracture... which is what happened to David Buust (sp?) Touch and go whether you come back from those but more and more these days players do (Laarson for eg)

Unless it's only a hairline fracture, Sav will be out for the remainder. Gutted....

The topic on talksport’s radio phone in at the moment is (and to quote Adrian Durham):

“So Robbie Savage has broken his leg – Who else could football do without?” Actually applauding the fact he’s broken his leg and encouraging listeners to phone in.

Another example of this excuse of a radio station cashing in on other people's misfortune. I'm not bitter!

The Dunn/Tugay connundrum has been in existence for a long time

Get Stephen Hawking onto it. Sounds like Game Theory to me.

... and then the Earth cooled, and dinosaurs stalked the planet, they sodded off and the Tugay-Dunn dilemma was born.

The topic on talksport’s radio phone in at the moment is (and to quote Adrian Durham):

“So Robbie Savage has broken his leg – Who else could football do without?”

Adrian Durham

“So Robbie Savage has broken his leg – Who else could football do without?” Actually applauding the fact he’s broken his leg and encouraging listeners to phone in.

Another example of this excuse of a radio station cashing in on other people's misfortune. I'm not bitter!

Durham always comes out with rubbish like that

Either a Adrian Durham really does know nothing about the game

or b he enjoys playing devils advocate.

I've never quite sussed him. I actually find Mick Quinn more annoying though, at least he should know something but his ridiculous liverpool-biased views are just awful! :angry:

It was a mistimed challenge by an 18 year old. It was bad, over the ball and potentially reckless. Certainly a cautionable challenge (probably a sending off if it was against a big team).

If anyone gets the opportunity, watch the same player, go into Savage only 5 seconds earlier. The same stamp on Sav's shins. Savage had to jump out of that one, unfortunately he couldn't avoid the next one.

Watch it - take a look.

Archived