BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict a midfield loan signing. Who else do we have on loan now besides Nonda? I think we're eligible to have 1 or 2 more loanees arent we? With so many players out injured it wouldnt make sense to buy anyone else, but we do desperately need cover in midfield. As for who, well thats a good question. Over to you Sparky!

Well, I've just seen Rocky Balboa.... :D:P

+1

Does anyone reckon if Mokoena gets some regular games, he might actually show us why he's captained his country? Or is that just a bizarre notion that I should never have considered in the first place?

Well, I've just seen Rocky Balboa.... :D:P

Was Rocky a good movie, someone else on another boaard watched it, and gave ending away...that's not nice is it.I'm still looking forward to seeing it though.

I can't imagine Sylvester Stallone having Everton posters on his bedroom wall though, some things are a little to far fetched. :o

My apologies, I was losing the thread topic there.

Well,lets see how we do with this Samba deal, and hope Sparky can add that touch of majic again.It's make do and mend time again, let's just wish Savage a speedy recovery.

Cheer up, next league game is only Chelsea away.. :unsure:

We've have not got the spine of our team playing at the moment. Nelson and AO are both out, and now Savage and Reid are both out arguably our first choice centre back and centre mid partnerships! Very difficult time at the moment, and to think Chelsea are moaning that they've had terry out for a few weeks having spent £300m!

Left with Dunn and Tugay in the middle on sat and Zura and Henchoz as centre backs with just Todd and Makoena as subs for the 2 positions! Very worrying at the present time! :brfc:

Left with Dunn and Tugay in the middle on sat and Zura and Henchoz as centre backs with just Todd and Makoena as subs for the 2 positions! Very worrying at the present time! :brfc:

Doubt Dunn will be playing. Sparky said on SkySports that he (Dunn) was several weeks away from first team footie.

Question is, do we do a loan signing or a perminant one...

I say perminant, we dont know how long Reids injury is going to stick, cant really rely on Dunns fitness out of the transfer window. Mokoena is useless and with Savage injured were pretty much relying on god... erm i mean Tugay staying fit and injury free. At his age, i say its too much of a risk.

I think sparky needs to sign 1 perminant signing and one loan, both center midfielders...

Cant wait till the admiral comes back!! :D

With the number of serious injuries we are getting this season will now be decided by the next week or so. If we can't bring in replacements then this season is basically over, or we may find a couple of great signings. I have to say that this makes the gamble of spending money on a midfielder with an injury record like Dunn look like even worse of a move.

Those of us hoping to see Dunn sometime soon are in for a disappointment. Lee describes him on the official site as being weeks away from the level of fitness demanded at Blackburn Rovers.

Savage out with a broken leg is a massive blow- have to say it looked like a bone breaker the moment I saw it and the ref was ridiculously lenient all night. If you doubt that, I think Rovers' total foul count all game was 5 and we didn't pick up a yellow card!

Watford will play identically against the Mancs next week and will get branded by the press as the dirtiest team in the league and not end the game with eleven on the pitch.

I guess we will be out there looking for loan cover. As someone else wrote, better the break today than when the window is closed.

Lets be fair, we can't really complain about Watford playing rough and injuring one of our players can we after the way we've played over the last couple of years (not as much this season), If you can't take it you shouldn't give it out !

Is that a serious statement? There have been a few games when we have adopted an "in their faces" approach but its never been dirty.

I haven't seen the tackle but Garner, commenting on Radio Lancs, thought it ws bad....and he's looking at it as an ex-pro.

Ok so we ALL agree lossing savage sucks a fat one. When i saw it on the telli i had to rewind it severl times to see what the big deal was. I think it was a 100% effort on both players that ended with savage coming out the worst in the end. I think that dunn needs to hurry the "f" up and get in shape and sparky needs to get brad some frickin help back there. the mid is now all but empty and we need to fill it and fill it fast. Good thing i have to agree that the transfer window IS still open and sparky needs to make the most of what little time is left. On a lighter note I got my First Rovers home Jersey in the mail today and was very excited to to get it. i know it didnt really had to do with the topic at hand but i had to share with all of you my excitement! :D

-Get well soon Savage. From all the (few) Rovers fans here in the States.-

Really unlucky for Rovers - thats 5 first team players out (Roberts,Ooijer, Nelson,Reid,Sav) and Jeffers.

It will be interesting to see how much sympathy Rovers get in the media - because whenever Newcastle play you always hear "injury plagued..." or "under strength" it probably won't be the same for us.

I'll vote for the wee midget as well.

I can't believe (actually I can), Jim is writing off Savage now because of his age ... I believe the man will be back, he'll have to work hard but I reckon he'll do it, if only through total bloody-mindedness.

Being in Germany, I didn't get to see the game, is there a picture online of the tackle?

I haven't seen the tackle but Garner, commenting on Radio Lancs, thought it ws bad....and he's looking at it as an ex-pro.

It was a mistimed challenge by an 18 year old. It was bad, over the ball and potentially reckless. Certainly a cautionable challenge (probably a sending off if it was against a big team).

Did anyone hear what that little gobshite Scott Minto said on SSN when it happened? "It wasn't a great tackle, his studs were up, but maybe he saw it was Savage and was trying to protect himself".

What the (Please don't use that word again) is that? When was the last time Sav broke anyone's leg? I hate this @#/? journalism - the guy needs ###### shooting for that little pearl of wisdom. Prick.

Archived