BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

Taylor is a Port Vale fan.

They became mates cos Sav is a darts fan. Its always good for their cred to be associated with other 'stars' isn't it?!

Take Taylor and Ricky Hatton for example. You'd think they'd been brought up together the way PT goes on about him.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

savage loves his darts, he goes to many events.

theres a clip somewhere on youtube where savage is watching the darts in i think it's bournmouth or rotherham and theres loads of banter between him and the fans :lol:

it was posted on here before but i cant find it.

Taylor is a Port Vale fan.

They became mates cos Sav is a darts fan. Its always good for their cred to be associated with other 'stars' isn't it?!

Take Taylor and Ricky Hatton for example. You'd think they'd been brought up together the way PT goes on about him.

I thought it might have been that. <_<:tu:

This can't make Phil very popular in Sheffield then! :lol:

• 2 months later...
Poll on Savage Toilet "humour"

I'm afraid that in this case Savage comes across as a selfish lout - hardly a player who enhances the image of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

"Yeah, but I've got more money than you," sneered Savage to Graham Poll, like a seven-year-old kid in the playground who boasts: "My Dad's bigger than yours".

Savage should grow up. He needs to learn some manners, stop boasting about how much money he's earning, stop the attention-seeking spats with John Toshack and knuckle down to perform well for Rovers this season.

three.gif

Apparently the problem with savage is that his leg has healed too well. The bone has healed to such an extent that there is now a "bump" over the site where the break was as the bone has over compensated. This means that the new calcium on the bone sticks out a bit and causes irritation against the shin pad etc. They may have to shave the bone to get it back to where it was.

It just goes to show. Savage is so irritating he even annoys himself.

Savage should grow up. He needs to learn some manners, stop boasting about how much money he's earning, stop the attention-seeking spats with John Toshack and knuckle down to perform well for Rovers this season.

three.gif

- How do you know he's not well-mannered, this was just one specific incident, recounted by a notorious referee.

- How many times has he boasted about how much money he's earning?

- When was the last time he has an attention-seeking spat with Toshack?

Attention seeking or not , the story has the ring of truth about it . Savage can be an embarrassment at times - not least when he's diving around and feigning injury on the pitch . Nearly as disgusting as his behaviour in Poll's WC if you ask me ....

Attention seeking or not , the story has the ring of truth about it . Savage can be an embarrassment at times - not least when he's diving around and feigning injury on the pitch . Nearly as disgusting as his behaviour in Poll's WC if you ask me ....

Ah leave off poor robbie. You know exactly what you get with robbie and you can't knock him for what he offers.

All footballers play pranks on others in the game, that's the way it works. Poll can't take a joke at his expense then fair enough but i feel he is just robbie bashing for the sake of it.

As for diving and feigning injury, it happens i'm sure that you can't name 1 club that hasn't got a player like that. Look at Man utd!!! Accept and embrace robbie for what he is, a very good player in his role.

Accept and embrace robbie for what he is, a very good player in his role.

And what exactly is his roll? He can't pass, head, tackle or shoot all that great.

He's very good hassler, chaser and closer downer.

Don't get me wrong he's very effective at it but if we are to become a top 7 side every season (which I think we can't achieve) we need players with more to their game than Savage.

And what exactly is his roll? He can't pass, head, tackle or shoot all that great.

And every team needs one. How do you think we would fare with either 11 Benni's or even 11 Mokoena's? imo our fortunes took a huge step to the good from the time that we signed Robbie Savage. Savage is not the most skilfull player thats for sure but I would imagine that few billy big-time fancy dans from other clubs will relish playing against him. Players like this that 'run' most games will not be allowed the time to do so when he is playing against them.

Don't get me wrong he's very effective at it but if we are to become a top 7 side every season (which I think we can't achieve) we need players with more to their game than Savage.

Mark Hughes obviously rates him highly.

That'll do me.

And every team needs one. How do you think we would fare with either 11 Benni's or even 11 Mokoena's? imo our fortunes took a huge step to the good from the time that we signed Robbie Savage. Savage is not the most skilfull player thats for sure but I would imagine that few billy big-time fancy dans from other clubs will relish playing against him. Players like this that 'run' most games will not be allowed the time to do so when he is playing against them.

True every team needs one. My point being that if we want to compete regularly in the UEFA places we need a better one than the one we have. If we sold him do you really think the likes of Tottenham would come knocking?

He did indeed have a great impact and help turn the fortunes of the club around when he came. Unfortunately if we want to press on to a better level I feel we need a better quality of player than Savage, Dunn and the current model Tugay. Don't ask me who though.

(Hasta braces himself for backlash :ph34r: )

We have four of them in Pedersen, Bentley, Tugay and Dunn. Perhaps that area of the team could do with strengthening, but players in the mould of Mokoena, Reid and Savage allow the more skillful players to be more adventurous. Savage is by far the best we have in that role, despite his limited football skill - he simply covers an incredibly amount of ground and inspires players around him.

I actually think Savage is a pretty good passer and his set-pieces are good. Top half teams probably wouldn't come knocking just because o fhis age, a 27 year old Savage would get attention from all but the top four.

True every team needs one. My point being that if we want to compete regularly in the UEFA places we need a better one than the one we have. If we sold him do you really think the likes of Tottenham would come knocking?

He did indeed have a great impact and help turn the fortunes of the club around when he came. Unfortunately if we want to press on to a better level I feel we need a better quality of player than Savage, Dunn and the current model Tugay. Don't ask me who though.

(Hasta braces himself for backlash :ph34r: )

My only reservation about Savage is his age.

If he was two years younger I would have him starting evey game, Spurs would be improved having a player like him who was a little younger. He gives the midfield energy and an exemplary work ethic.

Thing is with Robbie, he can give it but he can take it as well.

As for his football, if I were playing for the opposition (yes, I know, but suppose....) I would find Robbie rather annoying and he would certainly put me off my game!

Archived