BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we win like i know we will! 2-1 rovers. :D. I hope we play nelson and samba (cha cha cha 123) and see how wonderful we all play. Also i had a Man U fan (whos also dating my sister :angry: ) keep up the trash talking about our loss to watford. seeinf as i had sevral pints in me by then and dont have tolerance for dumb bandwagoning man u fans there were only sevral ways it could have ended. One was to ignore it (well that didnt happen :rolleyes: ) two was to talk to him and share my feelings about the loss with him and tell him how he hurt my feelings....( yup you guessed it, that didnt happen either) or three well three involes the introduction of his face to my fist in a what i like to call : Blackburn vs Man U...The reckoning!... :lol: well i know it didnt have to do with the Chelsea review but i thought i had to share that with everyone.

I've just found out that i am on strike from work on Wednesday so i will have the day off.

it is also pay day on Wednesday so i am tempted to make the 300 mile journey to the bridge.

I've been to the bridge before, only seen the outside as it was on the pub crawl route for our away game at the valley with the inflatables etc at the end of last season, happy days with a 2-0 win!!

have to say Stamford bridge looks a ###### hole surrounded by office blocks at the shed end, no stadium looking feature at all.

it's 48 bucks for a ticket, I'm looking at paying a buddy 50-60 bucks fuel for there and back, beer around 50 bucks, food £10 plus extras say 30 bucks, so around roughly £200 in total.

allot of dosh but i'd love to be there watching us inflict jose's first defeat at the bridge.

so tempted, i will have a look at the financial situation and whether i can get a lift but fingers crossed. :brfc:

I've just found out that i am on strike from work on Wednesday so i will have the day off.

it is also pay day on Wednesday so i am tempted to make the 300 mile journey to the bridge.

I've been to the bridge before, only seen the outside as it was on the pub crawl route for our away game at the valley with the inflatables etc at the end of last season, happy days with a 2-0 win!!

have to say Stamford bridge looks a ###### hole surrounded by office blocks at the shed end, no stadium looking feature at all.

it's 48 bucks for a ticket, I'm looking at paying a buddy 50-60 bucks fuel for there and back, beer around 50 bucks, food £10 plus extras say 30 bucks, so around roughly £200 in total.

allot of dosh but i'd love to be there watching us inflict jose's first defeat at the bridge.

so tempted, i will have a look at the financial situation and whether i can get a lift but fingers crossed. :brfc:

After that account I should not complain seeing as I work a few tube stops away from Stamford Bridge.

Still...£48 is as Bryan stated more than 50p per minute for what should be quite a happy night for Chelsea fans and a miserable one for Rovers.

I guess if our eleven blue and whites need our voices and faces out there, I'm going.

Next Saturday Chelsea are away at Charlton. They should play a weakened team against them rather than us.

My only hope is that Samba & Nelsen put Drogba in their pockets.

And that Tugay makes a complete arse of Fat Frank

Drogba should be easy to deal with, just give him time on the ball! One of his failings in my opinion is that if he get's to think, 4 times out of 5 he'll pick the wrong option. (Although I dislike him as a player, he's improved this season and now he's good, and it galls me to say that!). Nelsen's return should help in this regard, though, Drogba won't be able to muscle him around so easily. We'll have to be careful in the box, though, as it's too easy to give penalties away against their pacier players.

Midfield is our biggest concern. It's the engine of any team, and where most attacks originate from, and it's where we look weakest. Tugay and Mokoena are not effective in there as a unit. Tugay prefers to sit deep, and Mokoena's touch, vision and passing aren't good enough to go forward, so if that unit gets played we're essentially missing an attacking midfielder forcing Benni to come back. I'd prefer to have Bentley on the right with Emerton, but who goes in there? It's a tricky one, and thank god it's Sparky's job and not mine!

Warnock was full of praise for Morten after Luton, so here's to the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Also Benni was _very_ complimentary about playing with Matty, so here's to another. Matt's probably a bit lightweight against Carvalho and Essien, but could make an impact from the bench.

Chelsea are there to be taken at the moment, but it's all about midfield on Wednesday. And whether they'll have any wingers on, something they missed badly at Liverpool.

I'll continue my run of unreasonably optimistic predictions, and go for 1-2 to Rovers. Morten and Benni for us, with an assist from Matty :rover:

Cracking preview, the quotes echo a million thoughts !

sadly a bridge too far

Your pun is appreciated too. ;)

Thanks to everyone who thanked me for the preview. Several hours over two days were put into it, and the concept changed a couple of times throughout the lead-up to the preview and during the actual writing (it would have been too much work otherwise, after leaving it too late), so I still have something up my sleeve for the future.

The salutations should surely go to Chelsea, though, for providing great material. They are a damn sight better than Middlesbrough at that (my last preview)!

For my prediction I'm going to average the last two Stamford Bridge results (4-0 and 4-2) and predict a 4-1 loss. I live in a Blackburn/Chelsea household so I will damn well be hoping for a contrary result (well, that would be the case regardless) and exaggerate our chance of winning a little bit. Too much and I could have egg on my face.

Thanks to everyone who thanked me for the preview. Several hours over two days were put into it, and the concept changed a couple of times throughout the lead-up to the preview and during the actual writing (it would have been too much work otherwise, after leaving it too late), so I still have something up my sleeve for the future.

Jeez mate. I did the Watford one last week waiting for the kettle to boil!

I know, I know, you can tell!

The team I would play:

--------------McCarthy

Pedersen----------------Bentley

----------Tugay---Dunn

-------------Mokoena

Warnock--Nelsen--Zurab--Emerton

---------------Freidel

If we go 442 we are going to be destroyed in the middle of the park. Nonetheless I think Hughes might still go 442.

Hope I am proved wrong.

Archived