BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

benhben

Roberts has played well in certain games this season and it seems that Hughes believes that he was worth a run in the first team. I'm still not convinced that he can be a consistent performer or goal scorer for us and that he is still best utilised when he comes off the bench. If someone were to offer £4 million for him in the summer, then I think it would be very hard to turn down.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing which astonished me was the way Bikey was brushing Roberts off like a fly. Hughes turned things around so Bikey and Roberts were not in such direct confrontation which helped matters considerably.

It also rather confirmed my view that in reality, RSC is one heck of a strong and tough physical specimen as well as having his film star good looks. Bikey didn't push him around like he did with Jason.

One thing which astonished me was the way Bikey was brushing Roberts off like a fly. Hughes turned things around so Bikey and Roberts were not in such direct confrontation which helped matters considerably.

It also rather confirmed my view that in reality, RSC is one heck of a strong and tough physical specimen as well as having his film star good looks. Bikey didn't push him around like he did with Jason.

Indeed I've stood next to RSC and he is a deceptively big bloke. He'll be 6'3"-6'4" tall and strongly built. His height provides the deception.

Until Roberts went on a fantastic slaloming run late in the first half, Roberts was woeful yesterday losing posession every time the ball went to him. That two-thirds the length of the pitch charge seemed to settle him down though.

Well, I've just got back from London and must have been watching a different game.

I thought Roberts was the pick of a very disappointing bunch for us yesterday and at least until they went down to ten, Roberts was the only one who looked like he was capable of making something happen.

Well, I've just got back from London and must have been watching a different game.

I thought Roberts was the pick of a very disappointing bunch for us yesterday and at least until they went down to ten, Roberts was the only one who looked like he was capable of making something happen.

True.

Through his effort, Roberts at least attempted to make things happen. Santa was clearly tired and could not make much of an impact in the game. He did not look sharp at all, but then again neither did anyone else.

Santa was clearly tired and could not make much of an impact in the game. He did not look sharp at all, but then again neither did anyone else.

Indeed. Roque might be physically strong but seemed to lack that bit of pace or sharpness over a few yards to seriously trouble the Reading defenders yesterday.

Hopefully he was still suffering from the effects of Mokoena's unwanted attentions in midweek.

• 1 month later...

Archived