BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

benhben

Tribal football is reporting that Jason Roberts is looking for a move away from Ewood having fallen behind Matt Derbyshire in the pecking order.

Not the most reliable source but not surprising. Seems that Palace will need a replacement when they sell Shefki to Derby.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we beginning to see the rise of Jason Roberts as a Blackburn player. His pace and power certaintly occupy the opposition, even if his goals arent great.

Dont carried away too soon after seeing him play against the poorest team in the premiership with very poor defenders like Clarke Carlisle, though Zat Knight isnt that much better.

Dont carried away too soon after seeing him play against the poorest team in the premiership with very poor defenders like Clarke Carlisle, though Zat Knight isnt that much better.

He will propel us into 7th place.

Don't forget Jal he also did very well against the Champions

We also saw him fouled left, right and centre by Watford. Jay kept his feet, scored once and got off a few more shots. Deservedly Man of the Match!

I thought he was a dud up to last week. His performances in the last 2 games suggest that may not be true.He was superb last night.

The irony was of course, that seconds before the PA announced he was the Peter Jackson Man Of The Match, he completely flunked a 30 yard goal effort into the Lower Jack Walker stand!

• 3 weeks later...
Is Roberts just a expensive POORER version of Kuqi? Its an embarassement that we paid £2 million for this no skill, non scoring battering ram.

What on earth did Sparky see in Roberts to shell out 2mill quid for him?!

Jason Roberts has played 530 Minutes of Premiership football according to http://stats.premierleague.com/ and No Goal. He'll come good though :rolleyes:

Are you stalking him? Get over yourself and give him a chance.

You little muppet, Just pointing out that Nonda is performing better, but muppets like you continue to slag him off.

Wll know that Roberts is finally injury-free and getting a decent run of games I think we're finally seeing that he certainly is better than Kuqi and Nonda. OK his finishing isn't brilliant but his power and ability to turn a defender is certainly something that we have lacked up until now. I know he's looking a handful for centre-halves in every game he plays at the moment. Sure you'd replace hiim with a top class forward but he's proving people wrong who thought he was a complete dud.

Anyone got any humble pie for AndretheGiant??

Roberts finally seems to be replicating his form of last season when he tore up trees for Wigan. He's quick, he's powerful and can score goals (now that he's fit). I would be quite disappointed if we was sold, he and McCarthy appear to be striking up a good partnership.

Certainly don'tsee why we should sell him for anything less than considerably more than we bough him for. In an ideal world you don't really want Roberts as one of your definate starting strikers but he has such a lot to offer coming off the bench or being drafter in for games against physical sides.

If we can hold onto all our main strikers, pack off Nonda and Jeffers, and sign someone like Bellamy then we will have a near perfect blend of pace, strength, finishing and skill.

Press reports this morning that Celtic are looking to offer £3m for Roberts this summer.

I would have thought that was on the low side to be serious.

Double that figure and it might be worthy of consideration but I would also be disappointed if Roberts is sold. He offers us something none of our other strikers does (even if we were to resign Bellamy) and is a good partner for Benni in that he works so hard Benni can get away with his more languid approach better.

Hopefully just a case of our old friends in the national press taking their "little old Blackburn can't be allowed to have any decent players" approach.

Hopefully just a case of our old friends in the national press taking their "little old Blackburn can't be allowed to have any decent players" approach.

If thats the case then they have a big job ahead of them. Last time i checked we had about 16 very very good Premiership players...

If thats the case then they have a big job ahead of them. Last time i checked we had about 16 very very good Premiership players...

Pound to a penny it won't stop them all being linked with moves away to other clubs though. Last summer I think there were only Friedel, Gray and Tugay not linked with moves elsewhere!

Pound to a penny it won't stop them all being linked with moves away to other clubs though. Last summer I think there were only Friedel, Gray and Tugay not linked with moves elsewhere!

To be honest though, once the silly season starts it's a guarantee that the media will start linking our best performers with the 'bigger' clubs. Would only be worried if the players are at the end of their contracts though.

Name them Eddie!!

Nugent is being touted for an £8 million pound move. I can't see how we could replace Roberts for £4m. He has scored 5 in 5, he is in top form and we should definitely be looking to hold onto him.

Name them Eddie!!

Nugent is being touted for an £8 million pound move. I can't see how we could replace Roberts for £4m. He has scored 5 in 5, he is in top form and we should definitely be looking to hold onto him.

Completely agree. Even the championship players are demanding ridiculously high fees and with the PL clubs having more money at their disposable than ever before I'm certain we'll see a rise in transfer fees.

It would have to be a bid upwards of £5.5m to consider selling him. That type of bid is not going to happen. He has not played enough games to warrant such a fee.

I agree with Edward, £4million and its a deal, and use it to buy Nonda and then a young lower league talent like Luke Varney.

a ) £4m is not enough for an inform Premiership striker that possesses power AND pace that is rarely seen outside the elite clubs

b ) Nonda is pants - he's done his bit but as far as I'm concerned he goes in the bin along with Pongolle, Djorkaeff and Diawara

c ) Luke Varney? Nah let's get Bellers back eh?

I think Roberts has got slight Andy Cole syndrome. Ie put him through on goal with ages to think about it and he will prob mess the chance up. Put him through on goal where he has to out mussle the defender before quickly shooting past the keeper, or a snapshot chance in the area and he is far more likely to score.

Personally i like him, he brings strength, power and most importantly has the abilty to hold the ball up and make it stick. Having said that, a bid of around £5m or higher and hands should be bitten off

:rover:

Archived