BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 3 Portsmouth 0

roversmum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we can stuff the pomey part timers, david james is the shitest keeper ever, who's that comming over the hill? is it la nonda, is it la nonda!!!!!!!1

i think we will win but if we lost here and beat le arse in the replay i'd be more than happy :brfc:

nonda to get a hatrick, if not him another rover. it's on the cards!!!

well well, who's laughing at this drunken talk now :rover:

no hatrick i know but if how was i to know he was going to miss a penalty and be unselfish and pass to warnock.

awesome performance by nonda and the team, we showed character and played like a proper team who wanted it today.

roll on arsenal :brfc:

Back home.

Great win for confidence and the 3 points are very much welcomed at Ewood.

For some of the moves and football Rovers played it is hard to explain why we didnt progress on Thursday cause surely if we had played with half the effort of today we would have easily outdone the Germans.

Some good plus points, 3 goals and a clean sheet, the performances of the back 4 and midfield and the running of Nonda and Derbyshire ensured we all went home happy after a disappointing week.

For all the good there is often a bad point but today I cant really fault anyone apart from the crowd who saw fit to leave Ewood in droves with 4 minutes left on the clock. Just what do this club have to do to earn a reception after the game finishes ?

And finally, for those who berate The Axe, today he had arguably his best ever Rovers game. He won almost everything and stopped Pompy from coming through the middle. :rover:

Strange symmetry to date with the match at Fratton. They went 3-0 up and then missed a pen.

I noticed this too but strangely, they didnt have 2 players sent off.

Anyway well done to Rovers, a very professional performance. Nonda started the ball rolling. Samba was rocking! So was Mokoena, all of a sudden, he's playing like Makalele. Bentley was excellent with his delivery, Emerton was supporting well, a few tricks from him too. Warnock got his well-deserved goal. Zurab too slotted into the game well after coming on as a sub. Nonda was hardworking, ashamed that he was too casual with his PK, why didnt he blast it straight into the net.

Excellent! Bring on the Gunners!

Didn't expect this. Against the Gunners, we'll have a hell of match, draw, extra time and out on pens, I guess. Shame Dunny missed that last shot, would have been a great team goal and he deserves to score. Well done Rovers, proud from Holland!

Guest shoppybrfc
I noticed this too but strangely, they didnt have 2 players sent off.

Anyway well done to Rovers, a very professional performance. Nonda started the ball rolling. Samba was rocking! So was Mokoena, all of a sudden, he's playing like Makalele. Bentley was excellent with his delivery, Emerton was supporting well, a few tricks from him too. Warnock got his well-deserved goal. Zurab too slotted into the game well after coming on as a sub. Nonda was hardworking, ashamed that he was too casual with his PK, why didnt he blast it straight into the net.

Excellent! Bring on the Gunners!

Yet again someone has a pop at Nonda, Nondas performance today was one of the best forward performances from our strikers all season.

Warnock is a speed demon, he even outpaced Lua Lua at one point. He deserves to at least get a England call up next game, He should at least be 3rd choice behind Cole and Bridge, hopefully he'll get a deserved call up.

Great result for us today. Just what we needed after Thursdays result. Special mention to Nonda, Samba and Mokoena but I thought that Tugay was man of the match by a mile. Hopefully we can push on and beat Arsenal on Wednesday and Bolton on Sunday.

Thought i was seeing things there when i saw the axe getting some credit!!

Great performance...tough call whether to watch this match again tonight or watch the fisticuffs of the carling final!

The hightlights are on ITV at 11:15, Match of the Day finishes at 11:25 so you will only miss 10 minutes and get to see the 'scrap'. Alternativly just watch SSN as they are showing it now.

For some of the moves and football Rovers played it is hard to explain why we didnt progress on Thursday

Because the Pompey players didn't throw themselves on the floor at every opportunity and didn't try to crawl their way out of this game.

Tugay did OK, although his invisible friend made a fw brief appearances, Axe was quite good, considering, made a few very good challanges and only lost the ball one or twice. Sambamamamamamamba was unbeatable, I was convinced he was going to score when he went bounding across the pitch headbutting people out of his way :P

Nonda was quite good, although hes crap at penalties. Just smack it down the middle for christs sake!

Looking forwards to having a "chat" with a few Dingles tomorrow :)

Archived