BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 3 Portsmouth 0

roversmum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoyed your preview, Roversmum.

I like Pompey, a real footy club with real fans. I remember a game in the 80's where we came back twice through Dave Hargreaves (??) and some of their fans were going mental next to me in the Nuttall Street stand.

Hughes needs to shake our lot up starting tomorrow. Results have been a lot better than performances of late. I expect Benni to acquaint himself with the bench and Tugs to get another chance to put his feet up. Gallacher and Sir Matt to score in a 3-2 thriller.

On telly here, albeit with 4 hour delay. My daughter is planning to recreate the Likely Lads 'England F..' moment and torture me until it comes on.

we can stuff the pomey part timers, david james is the shitest keeper ever, who's that comming over the hill? is it la nonda, is it la nonda!!!!!!!1

i think we will win but if we lost here and beat le arse in the replay i'd be more than happy :brfc:

nonda to get a hatrick, if not him another rover. it's on the cards!!!

Translation please.

Official PFC Site...

omg we gt blackburn then chelsea and with blacburn goin out of the uefa cup there confidence wud ave lowered so we shud sneeak a win

as 4 chelsea they had a draw wiv f.c. porto ao u dnt no wat theyll do 4 da 2nd leg so they mite rest sum key plays like ballack n terry will b out n e way so they need a tactic wich will force chelsea 2 defend n dnt make them counter attack uz all the create oppertunities

translation:

oh my god, we got blackburn then chelsea and with blackburn going out of the uefa cup their confidence would have lowered, so we should sneak a win.

as for chelsea, the drew with fc porto and you don't know what they will do for the 2nd leg. They might rest some key players like ballack and terry will be out anyway, so they need a tactic and i dont understand the last sentence :blink:

whats the lineup then?! :huh:

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Henchoz, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay ©, Mokoena, Pedersen, Nonda, Derbyshire. Subs: Brown (GK), Khizanishvili, McCarthy, Dunn, Roberts.

PORTSMOUTH: James, Primus, Johnson, Cole, Pamarot, Taylor, Campbell, O'Neil ©, Davis, Mendes, Lua Lua. Subs: Ashdown (GK), Traore, Kranjcar, Kanu, Mvuema.

Official site says:

"With a hectic schedule upon them, Ryan Nelsen and Zurab Khizanishvili are replaced at the heart of the defence with Christopher Samba and Stephane Henchoz coming in."

So probably not an injury. Seems a bit strange however that Dunn, and not Tugay is being rested.

come on Rovers. We need this. Pompey beat us 3-0 on the opening day. We need to reverse that result.

the game isnt on any of the national radio stations. They all seem to be covering some event or other at the Millenium stadium!

Well the BBC Sports Extra coverage is of Noblot and Spuds - typical. :angry:

Archived