BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joey Barton

Without knowing the guy, none of us can say whether its racist or not. His brother has absolutely nothing to do with it, although I think we can all agree that Barton is a distrurbed character with serious problems and needs to sort is life out before he throws his career down the pan.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who asked you to speculate on what I think? Anyway yes to the first part and no to the second.

BUT..... if you are so knowledgeable in your attempt to be ever so smug about possible colour prejudice, why have you nor anybody else yet considered linking Bartons attack with his brothers recent incarceration for murdering a black kid in liverpool?

I thought that was a given. The only difference was that weapons aren't allowed (as yet) on the football training field, although if we did buy Barton a metal detector which he had to go through would be a given. Horrid little thug that he is.

Good grief! How can anyone be stupid enough to attempt ridicule when this is all over the news?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle1769382.ece

:wstu:

Kinell Flopsy do you ever think before you post? :lol:

Dont talk arse. Just because Barton's brother stuck an axe in the back of someones head because he was black, doesnt mean that Barton does the same thing.

I knew a ginger fat kid at school who used to wet himself regularly.

therefore using your logic, you obviously subscribed to incontinent pants weekly.

Fackin hell drog do you not think before you post or do you subscribe to the whole Nazi thing that your genes are the only thing that matters?

Without knowing the guy, none of us can say whether its racist or not. His brother has absolutely nothing to do with it, although I think we can all agree that Barton is a distrurbed character with serious problems and needs to sort is life out

That single sentence easily could apply to both! Thereby largely proving my point.

I thank you. :tu:

Who cares whether there is any connection between what his brother did and this latest misdemeanour, I'm not going to play Lestrade of the Yard, that sort of thing can be left to those who have access to the facts, otherwise it is just meaningless conjecture.

He has a long list of misdemeanours, this is just the latest, and we definitely do NOT want him here.

Dont talk arse. Just because Barton's brother stuck an axe in the back of someones head because he was black, doesnt mean that Barton does the same thing.

You've done it again you dolt! Just change 'stuck an axe' for attacked. You really are in danger of losing the plot.

btw I'm not saying Jb's fight was racist I'm just saying that I'm suprised that no omne has made any connection.

Who cares whether there is any connection between what his brother did and this latest misdemeanour, I'm not going to play Lestrade of the Yard, that sort of thing can be left to those who have access to the facts, otherwise it is just meaningless conjecture.

Correct

It's not 'wanting' thats the issue. With Sav, Reid and Dunny as options we simply dont need him. Our priorities lie elsewhere.

Everton, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are supposed to be after him. They're all welcome to him. The guy is a thug. Best place he could go to is Sunderland. I'm sure their manager wouldn't take any of the crap he comes out with.

Lot of libellous material on this thread about Barton and tnr but as seems to be usually the case because poor old Gordon seems to be the recipient the mods seem not only to be turning a blind eye but one of their brethren seems to be instigating some of the comments!

Lot of libellous material on this thread about Barton and tnr but as seems to be usually the case because poor old Gordon seems to be the recipient the mods seem not only to be turning a blind eye but one of their brethren seems to be instigating some of the comments!

I haven't read anything libellous so far.I think you doth protest too much.Gordon likes to giveth and I'm sure he can taketh.

As for Barton joining us...no thankyou.

He has a long list of misdemeanours, this is just the latest, and we definitely do NOT want him here.

Didn't you say that about Bellamy? If you didn't, there were plenty that did and I think it is fair to say that he was an unmitigated success. We even sold him on for a profit.

That is my kind of bad influence.

There's something about Barton that makes him seem more mental than Bellamy though. I don't know what, as both have been in lots of trouble, but I just get the feeling he can do a lot more than a drunken bit of handbags in a nightclub. The other difference is that Barton is pretty average, whereas bellamy can be brilliant.

• 2 months later...

This is not a post about Colin's previous fascination with Joey Barton's bottom - but it's about an interview I read today in which Barton has claimed that Stuart Pearce let him down.

Excuse me, but why doesn't Barton look at himself in the mirror for once and accept responsibility for his own actions ? It was Barton who let Man City fans down with his appalling conduct.

Barton says: "We had a relationship breakdown and Stuart Pearce came out and said certain things which he shouldn't have said." Yes Joey, but you did certain things which you shouldn't have done. You thrust a lighted cigar into the eye of a youth team player which could have blinded him and after being given another chance by Pearce, you punched a team-mate several times in the face on the training ground.

Stuart Pearce tried to help Barton. Pearce sent him on an anger management therapy course, but it didn't work. In Barton's case - once a thug, always a thug. Earlier this year Barton was arrested for assault and criminal damage after an altercation with a taxi driver in Liverpool. Then just before the end of the season, on the City training ground, Barton assaulted his team-mate Ousmane Dabo - punching him in the face while he was on the ground.

Dabo, who had to go to hospital after suffering head injuries and a suspected detached retina, said: "Barton first thumped me from behind on the right temple. That knocked me down and, while I was falling, he hit me again several times in the face. Some tough guy he is if he has to attack people when they're not facing him."

Dabo went on to say: "What I find most shocking is that he struck me from behind and then repeatedly when I was down on the ground. He is a coward and his actions are despicable." Indeed, he is a despicable coward. But snivelling Barton doesn't seem to acknowledge when he has done something wrong. Instead Barton has now blamed Pearce for "letting him down".

When I read the headline "Barton undergoes medical at Newcastle", I thought to myself 'that makes a change' because it's usually the other guy who requires the doctors and nurses when Barton makes his move. He's a loathsome scouse thug. If he wasn't a professional footballer, Barton would possibly be mugging old ladies for their purses or letting down car tyres and scratching windows. Perhaps, along with his half-brother Michael Barton, Joey might already be in jail by now - having thrust, not a lighted cigar, but an axe into somebody's face.

A few board members on here wanted Mark Hughes to sign Barton. But where do you draw the line and say that his behaviour makes him unfit to pull on a Rovers shirt ? I mean, if Barton had stabbed one of his team-mates would you still want him at our club ?

What if Barton had come to Ewood and punched David Bentley several times in the face on the training ground ? What course of action would you suggest Hughes should take in that event: fining the player, suspending the player or sacking him altogether ? How many chances does Joey Barton receive before we say that his conduct is totally unacceptable for a professional footballer ?

Newcastle have had their fair share of dodgy characters in recent years - like Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer, who both had a punch-up on the pitch. It will be interesting to see what action Big Sam takes if Joey Barton again forgets the lessons of his anger management course and thumps somebody else at St James' Park....

sfnmac03.jpg

Agree, good post! Now watch thenodrog come with all his fine arguments backing nice lad Barton...

Alrighty......... Barton needs strong and astute management without doubt....... but his indisciplined spats would be small beer at the training grounds of Wigan Warriors, Bradford Bulls or Leeds Rhino's etc etc. In fact he prob wouldn't have them there!

We all want to see aggression and fight and spirit in our players don't we? But unfortunately that cannot always be turned on and off like a tap.

Archived