BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joey Barton

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the crack at the end when Barton went towards the City fans who were always giving him the v's and telling him to go away? He ripped his shirt off and threw it at them - a response to the 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' chant maybe? Sort of saying well if I'm not fit to wear it then have the fecking thing?

What was the crack at the end when Barton went towards the City fans who were always giving him the v's and telling him to go away? He ripped his shirt off and threw it at them - a response to the 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' chant maybe? Sort of saying well if I'm not fit to wear it then have the fecking thing?

I thought that was a bit bizarre too, talk about getting behind your team?

Barton played quite well today and has been one of City's best performers this season so I don't know why he was getting so much abuse. Do they want him to leave?

Joey Barton - fantastic player. Gives it everything and in a better side would be a big success. Maybe we should sign him if he wants out of City in the summer. Can't see any better midfield dplayers around within our price range.

I'd rather not. He's pretty good, but he might end up throwing someone of a balcony on holiday. He'll be over priced anyway, all he is is a crap Steven Gerrard. Sylain Distin would cost £6m. We got Samba for £400,000. Hughes may find another bargain who has not got the temper of Ivan Grozny.

Barton seems to be like Savage, oppostion fans hate him etc. Can't understand the hate towards Barton from the crackheads however, he made some good breaks and put us under pressure on the counter attack. Though I suppose the City fans were seething and were just angry. He'd be good at Rovers, rather have Reid, Dunn, Savo and Tugs though.

Good player a little hot under the coller though. Didnt see the insadent but would assume that the city fans might be getting mad because there moving ever closer to the drop zone. Now they have been booted through the goal posts by the mighty Rovers and probley just wanted or need some one to throw all there crap on

Thought some of his challenges where what you would call questionable , but at least he tried unlike most of the other Citeh players and look like he was/is bothered about their situation and was arguable their best player.

Diificult to interpret what happened at the end as at least he acknowledged the Citeh fans for their support.

IMO he would be a better player in another team - and possibly lose some of the angst he so obviously has.

I like Joey Barton. He wants to win and he wants to win badly.

I'd get frustrated if I had to play with Corradi and Samaras.

He's very similar to Reid I think. I hope he gets a move becuase he deserves better.

Although, he may have a too high opinion of himself to sign for us. His problem will be he has not got the technique to break into the big four.

His best bet is Newcastle or if Martin Jol realises he is a midfielder he will surely sign him :lol:

Saw the assault [yes it was an assault] on Tugay, on the TV last night. For anyone who missed it, it was identical to the studs down the back of the Achilles that he was condemned for, on Mendes? lately. Only this time it was even more cynical and even later.

Barton will end someones career if he continues like that. Surprised so little of it has been mentioned.

Saw the assault [yes it was an assault] on Tugay, on the TV last night. For anyone who missed it, it was identical to the studs down the back of the Achilles that he was condemned for, on Mendes? lately. Only this time it was even more cynical and even later.

His stamp on Emerton in the dying seconds was worse and completely missed by the ref.

Very talented player who could achieve great things if he controlled his temper. He seemed to be improving until recently where it seems that the pressure city are under has brought some of his old tricks out. If we signed him I would be very pleased though. He is a young Savage with perhaps more skill on the ball; he just needs to sort his head out (whether or not that is possible is another question).

Barton will end someones career if he continues like that. Surprised so little of it has been mentioned.

Agreed- that should have been a straight red.

If you watch it again, it was 100% premeditated.

The very last thing that Rovers need is a player like Barton. Our reputation with the media is just begginning to show signs of recovering from "Blackburn Thugs" and signing that phsycopath would really help wouldn't it?

That attempt to cripple Tugs (shown in close-up on Sky TV) was the most cynical and deliberate attempt to injure another player I have seen since Keane's assault a few years back.

Barton reminds me of a less influential or gifted version of Roy Keane. Hotheaded, combative, prone to controversy, clearly psychologically not right. He even looks a bit like him with his surly expression. I'd steer well clear if I was Hughes. We've got much better players in our midfield, without the Mancs/Scouse sink estate mentality.

Got to agree, can't stand him.

You've got to have something wrong with you if you stick a lighted cigar in someone's eye. A leopard never changes his spots.

It's a shame he's got such a well-paid job, I don't think he deserves it. He's not even that good. Well rewarded for being half decent and a psychopath - great.

Must admit I didn't see it first time round, but Andy Gray was going mad on telly and on the DVD it looks bad.

bartontackle.jpg

Archived