BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tugay wrote a couple of seasons back on his website that he will stay at Blackburn as long as the club want him. He doesn't care about money offers from Quatar or Turkey. He said he loves Rovers and the fans here. Don't think he's changed his mind on this matter. C'mon Hughes and JW sign him up! :rover:

Bloody love watching Tugay but I cannot help thinking that he will leave this summer .... just as soon as Hughes replaces him with somebody that they are targetting currently. But there is many a slip twixt cup and lip in football and if we miss out (as with Gudjonssen, Mido and Petrov) I guess we will fall back on signing Tugay for another season.

He's been a fantastic Souness signing but lets face it the Prem is a tough taskmaster and his age is finally weighing against him. Hughes is ruthless enough not to let sentimentality rule reallity.

It doesn't particularly seem to be "a way of life" for any premiership clubs other than us.

Did Michael Carrick have a clause? Michael Owen? Rio Ferdinand? Does Micah Richards? The potential fee quoted for him always seems to be in the 19m region. Then mention a Blackburn player and any potential fee seems to have a nought taken off.

Having lost Bellamy for a pittance, if MGP also has a "clause" set well below his market value, we seem to have totally lost the concept of what a "clause" should do. As was the case with Duff if there is to be "a clause" at all it should be set at a prohibitive level not at a level which is an open invitation for others to take our better players off us at a significant market undervaluation! :angry:

I'm not sure your argument really holds up Rev. Apparently Owen does have a clause - because Newcastle were desperate to sign him and therefore in no position to object. Richards is different as he's a young lad who's value has increased extremely quickly which has coincided with Chelsea being short of defenders (you'll notice nobody else is sniffing around him at that price). I'd be willing to bet his agent insists on one next negotiation though. But I do agree with the sentiment - any kind of clause should be as high as possible from the clubs point of view.

In what? is Hughes denying it, or simply suggesting he is worth more than that, whether we can/will get it or not?

:rolleyes:

Well if you take what Sparky says at face value it suggests that MGP would certainly not be sold for as little as 8m. Indicating either:

a) There is no clause.

B) Or if there is, that it is set considerably higher than 8m.

However after Bellamy's comments last season and after watching Souness on tv a few years ago roll his eyes heavenwards whilst insisting "We don't want to lose Duff" I'm afraid I don't believe anything anyone says on this sort of thing anymore. I'd rather just form an opinion as and when something actually happens.

A clause is one thing, but a clause of just £8 million for Pedersen is quite another. If Blackburn Rovers could not have negotiated a higher clause, then they truly are bad at business. If one of the top clubs really wanted Pedersen, then they'd pay double that.

I'll say the same as I did on the other Pedersen thread: a clause is one thing, but a clause of just £8 million for Pedersen is quite another. If Blackburn Rovers could not have negotiated a higher clause, then they truly are bad at business. If one of the top clubs really wanted Pedersen, then they'd pay double that.

I know someone that was talking to Mike Phelan (Utd Coach) and he insists that David Bentley is being lined up as the long-term replacement for Ryan Giggs on the left-wing.

Apparently they are considering making a move in the summer.

Strange I know as to my knowledge he has never played on the left for us, but stranger things have happened. Alex Ferguson has a record of signing certain players on who he believes their attributes suit other positions other than their 'natural ones' (for example Alan Smith).

PLEASE CHANGE TOPIC TITLE!

"5m" is not good!!!!!!

Hughes: Gammy won't leg it

The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...7170705,00.html

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

PED CURE ... winger Pedersen aims to bounce back from his cup woe

By MARTIN BLACKBURN : April 18, 2007

MARK HUGHES insists there is no clause in Morten Gamst Pedersen's new deal which would allow him to quit Blackburn for £8million.

Rovers were stung in the summer when a £6m bid from Liverpool triggered an agreement to let Craig Bellamy leave.

But boss Sparky has laughed off suggestions that neighbours Manchester United are ready to weigh in with an offer for the Norwegian winger.

He says it would take much more than £8m to land the former Tromso man — who only signed a four-year deal with Rovers last summer.

Hughes said: “There is no clause in his contract about letting him go for £8m. Absolutely no chance.

“The figure of £8m is nowhere near enough for Morten — he has only just signed a new deal.

“I wouldn't be surprised if there's interest but he knows he needs to keep his career progressing and knows he is at the right club to do that here.

“He is a young talent but we made a commitment to Morten recently and he made a commitment for us.”

Hughes is backing Pedersen, 25, to bounce back from his crucial miss in the FA Cup semi-final extra-time defeat by Chelsea.

The wideman wasted a glorious opportunity to win it in normal time when he planted a late close-range header wide of Petr Cech's goal.

Hughes added: “Morten was disappointed at missing a good chance but his general performance was excellent.

“It was his good free-kick for our goal, he doesn't need to beat himself up too much.”

Hughes has now challenged Rovers to heal their cup heartbreak by finding a route back into Europe via the league.

Rovers take on basement boys Watford tonight looking to get their Premiership campaign back on track.

The Ewood Park chief had written off their hopes of clinching a UEFA Cup spot that way after three Premiership defeats on the bounce.

Ronaldo's just signed for 5 years yet today Frank Ribery was linked with Man Utd! too...... Can't play em all can they?

Does anyone know what has happened to Keiran Richardson? I would have thought he would have been the long term replacement for Giggs?

I can't see United wanting Ped or Bents if they have the chance to sign Ribery, especially with two young talents like Richardson and Eagles coming through

Pedersen has just been named on the bench in Mirror sports writer Oliver Holt's team of the year! Considering he was awful up until December, I don't see how he has made it in, even though he has done well since.

Does anyone know what has happened to Keiran Richardson? I would have thought he would have been the long term replacement for Giggs?

He was playing at Left (or right - cant remember which) back last night. I dont think he is good enough for them. Star at somewhere like West Brom - not Utd.

Pedersen has just been named on the bench in Mirror sports writer Oliver Holt's team of the year! Considering he was awful up until December, I don't see how he has made it in, even though he has done well since.

This is typical gernalism. They probably havent even seen many games with Ped in and the ones they have he has probably hit a free kick or something. They will just be going off what was seen last year and picking a rover at random.

If they had to pick one of our guys then it should be Brad or Bents.

:rover: why do clubs lie about clause's in contracts,we were told bellamy did not have one LIE,someone no doubt pedersens agent leaks a clause to the press,the club deny it,who do we believe :brfc:

When did the club tell us there wasnt a clause?

Craig Bellamy did, BRFC didnt.

:rover: seem to remenber that it was in the telewag :brfc:

They've got to lie. If there is a release clause, if directly questioned as to its existence, a non-comment is definitely going to be reported as all but an admission.

What goes on behind the scenes and what is fed to the supporters, as an accepted part of the *entertainment* of the industry are two different worlds.

The Club's comments from today's LT.

Hughes: (on the possibility of him leaving for 8m)

"There's absolutely no chance, that would be nowhere near enough."

John Williams:

"If Mark is keen to keep Morten, and I assume that is the case, then I am confident that he will be with us next season."

if mgp goes for 8 million it will be the final straw.

if we can keep the current players and make a few strong additions in the summer window we will have a well good side next season that imo could challenge the top 4 gulf.

with ooijer, savage, reidy all back in contention and hughes in control it could be happy days next season.

over recent summers we have lost bellamy, duff, dunn, sutton and going back a few years shearer. If we want to progress we need to keep our top players.

Archived