BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Compared to our first choice midfield that is pretty bad though:

MGP Sav Reid Bentley :rover: sounds good doesn't it!

Next season we could be so good, injury dependant of course.

Not sure Tugay would relinquish his place just yet though! Will be a fantastic headache for Sparky to have next season. Picking a four out of Savage, Tugay, Reid, Bentley, Pedersen, Dunn is a proposition that any other midtable side would envy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MGP will insist on aiming shots to the near post. It's far easier for keepers when players do that. He would find far more success from his strikes if he were to aim just inside the opponents far post....... just ask Benni.

I cant believe that this guy is still taking the corners for us...last night they were pathetic.

Surely bentley would be better taking them? At least he'd be able to beat the first man!!

Plus Pedersen is our best header of the ball

Well every player has his price, and if Liverpool want to start the bidding at £15m or Bellamy plus £10m then I think we should go for it. I am sure Sparky with his ability to find nuggets of gold for next to nothing will easily come up with an adequate replacement.

I can't see anyone paying the minimum 10 million we would want to let him go. He takes a fine free kick, and goes through phases of being an outstanding goal scorer but his allround game just isn't good enough for that sort of money.

Anyhow, haven't Liverpool got Kewell, Gonazalz, Riise and Zenden who can all play on the left?

If they really want him and he wants champions league footy then he'll go and there's nothing we can do about it, but there is the case of Craig Bellamy and the even worse case of Lucas to show Morten that the grass is not always greener at other clubs. Benitez wouldn't have stuck with him when he was so far off form this season as Hughes did. You're not even guaranteed your place in the team from one week to the next even if you play brilliantly.

Don't hang about do they! I just see it as journalists touting names about a bit. No confirmation of quotes etc in the article. Will see come the summer what happens with Ped (and any other names the press decide to come up with)

• 1 month later...

The only reason I'd say to keep him if that sort of an offer came in is that we wouldn't be able to get a comparable replacement for less. How many goals would we have to replace from his set pieces?

Guest shoppybrfc

10mill and Hughes has to consider it. Please god no one say Peter is good enough to step into mpg's shoes. Bobby Convey would be good purchase though....

10mill and Hughes has to consider it. Please god no one say Peter is good enough to step into mpg's shoes. Bobby Convey would be good purchase though....

:rover: is peter ever going to get a run in the team?gamst was dog s--t for most off the early season but hughes kept playing him,i would like to see peter given a run off at least 5 games,after the semi would be ideal :brfc:

5m quid for morten is a complete joke and he is worth almost double that, we all know it. however that is not to say we should except a 10m offer for him if it comes in, because we are building a good squad of players here and the loss of him would certainly make us a weaker team, not stronger.

while i am here...." (Please don't use that word again) OFF YOU SPURS"

Whilst I think Pedersen is probably one of our better players (on his day), he is very inconsistent and goes missing for games on end. I think we should get a decent wad for him if he does go - lets remember that prices are going to be vastly inflated soon anyway. Hughes will know that after the TV money comes through, £5m will buy you absolutely sod all.

I'd say £8m+ maybe even £10m+ would probably get the nod from Hughesy.

He's far from irreplaceable in my opinion, and with him being a Souness buy MH may have ideas of his own who he wants to full the left-wing slot. Having said all that, Hughes has been loyal with Pedersen and stuck with him - Pedersen also looks to be very happy and may not see what benefit a move to Spurs would actually give him.

Let's be honest he's not going to win anything more by going to Spurs, and is less likely to be the 'fancy' player in their mega-ego squad.

Archived