BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also seems to have stopped making the runs into the box that brought him a lot of his goals last season. Remember the goal against Arsenal last year when Bellamy cut along the byeline, pulled it back for MGP to slam in. Around that time he was arriving fast and late, now he just isnt arriving at all.

Interesting to note over recent weeks that as MGP's confidence / form has returned, he seems to be popping up more in the box now like for the first goal yesterday. It's also a big bonus when he seems to have the arial beating of a full back like yesterday.

Good to hear Mark Hughes admit that although Pedersens free kicks are superb, his corners are 'frustrating'.

I don't know. Outstanding as Pedersen has been I can't really see Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd putting in bids for him. His allround game while very good at times is not brilliant, and the 15m odd that I would imagine Hughes would demand would be far too pricy (could be wrong though as United inexplicably bought carrick for an outrageous amount of money). Those teams are looking for very high quality attacking players like Ronaldo, Robben, Rosicky.

The one team I can see mounting a serious offer who Pedersen might want to leave to would be liverpool. They don't mind signing players who are not at the very top of their game for large amounts of money.

Bentley on the other hand does seem to be turning into a someone who could play for a top top team even if he scores less goals than MGP. If he continues to improve as it appears he might we could see some massive offers in the summer, although obviously I don't want to see him sold. Wenger must be a bit ###### off- Pennant, Upson, Jerome Thomas, Bentley have all turned into quality players.

They key with MGP at the moment is the positions he is getting into. The confidence that he did not have at the start of the season, but he seems to have been blessed with since the n'castle game has done wonders for him getting into goal scoring positions. Most of our attacks seem to come down the right and Mgp has done very well at getting himself to the back post. Similar goals against city and sheff U, but he was also up there when we almost won a penalty just before united equalized. Again, his running across the line put him through, but most unlike him he couldnt finish. This is was bodes so well imo!

Another excellent goal scoring season from MGP, presuming he gets another 2 goals at some point this season that would be 3 years in a row where he has scored 10 goals from midfield! Superb return :rover:

Hey now! This is getting serious. There are way too many people praising MGP just recently. What are you trying to do; get him spotted by every big club in the world and all the sycophantic journo's as well?

Come back all the detractors we need you now as never before!! I will start you off.... all together now. Pederson is crap!! Gamst is useless!!! MGP is ******!!!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I reckon the common theme is that none would get in the Arsenal side.

I do agree that none would get in the first XI but all of them would make decent squad players at the very least. And Bentley does actually look like he could be a world class player eventually.

I doubt Wenger would be annoyed that he desn't have their services anymore, he has a lot of quality players, but rather that he got so little money for them.

Got to hold my hand up here. :)

I've criticised MGP in the past on a number of occassions, mainly about his all round game not being up to much.

Fair do's to the lad, his play of late has been excellent. He's showing IMO, the best form of his career at Ewood.

His free kicks are superb and I can't remember any other player we've had [in 45 yrs] that comes even close to him in that respect.

The only downer to all this came from Andy Gray on goals on Sunday, when he reckoned Rovers are going to have a BIG problem come this summer. :(

He's very happy playing for Blackburn, if we can push on towards Europe again this shouldn't be a problem. They'd have to cash up silly money anyway, and without being too pessimistic, he'll probably end this great patch with a few lacklustre displays in a few weeks/months time anyway.

The only downer to all this came from Andy Gray on goals on Sunday, when he reckoned Rovers are going to have a BIG problem come this summer. :(

Well, I'm fine with that. Much better than going into the summer with all of our players playing well within themselves and thus failing to attract interest. Bentley and Pedersen are young and on long term contracts so will stay unless we are offered an absolutely massive amount of cash. McCarthy is a bit of a problem as he could have a release clause, hope not though. The other principle members of our team- Freidel, Tugay, Nelsen, Savage, Reid, Derbyshire, Ooijer, Zurab, Warnock I cannot see going anywhere.

Either way we hold on to our squad (which I would personally much prefer) or we mint it and go out and find more cheap talent. Hughes has now managed to unearth quality both consistency and at low prices- McCarthy, Bellamy, Bentley, Warnock, Nelsen - it really breeds confidence. Good position to be in imo.

Lucky for us that they've both just signed deals.

They wont be going anywhere unless its for silly money, which means it will only be to one of the top, top teams...

I agree that its more likely to be Bentley than Pedersen...dont want to lose either though!

and since when has being under contract made any difference? :huh:

It makes a huge amount of difference to the amount of money we can expect. Just look at Lucas Neill, if his sale had been while he had two or three years to run we would have been looking at four or five million imo.

And I think that both the young players will not have release clauses as their bargaining position would not have been good enough for them to force it in the negotiations, even if they desired one.

McCarthy' position is different as he is a CL winner and tracked by a number of dfferent clubs, so I could concieve Rovers being forced into a position where they had to put one in a la Bellamy.

Archived