BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read on another board I believe from a reliable source that there were problems back home. Don't know any more than that but we need to get behind the lad and support him. 'Nough said.

Maybe that is the reason why its gamst now, not pedersen???

people dont normally just change there last names ;)

Fife Rover, it gives me no pleasure to come on this board and criticise any player in the blue and white halves but the issue has got to be faced, at the moment we are effectively playing teams with 10 men, if somebody else has a day off we are playing with 9, now United or Arsenal may be able to do that but we can't.

I've watched Pedersen regularly enough to believe that he lacks the attributes to make it as a wide player at our level- the goals he scores are great but they just paper over the cracks for me, I'd love him to prove me wrong but that's up to him.

I can think of several wingers who lacked pace ( David Wagstaffe at the end of his time at Rovers comes to mind ) but could cause the opposition lots of problems but they all worked harder and got on the ball a lot more than Pedersen.

How can scoring winners be papering the cracks???? <_<

Dip in form yes, it's not terminal is it ??!!! Probably down to fitness and/or confidence, I think anyone who questions his commitment to the Blue & White halves or talking about him in past tense is talking complete tosh, he's class & he's international class, that's why other clubs are interested in him.

All in favour in giving him a break and letting Sergio have a go tonight, but I'd want him back winning headers, whipping in crosses & taking free kicks against West Spam (Any day of the week!)

All this "I'm not one to say..." is garbage, get behind the guy and stop taking the easy route out.

Like I said before ,It's all about opinions and my opinion is he hasn't got what it takes , you think he's world class, time will tell wether I'm right or wrong. I suppose it's like saying we should have all got behind Sven when he was England manager and given him more time- I'm sorry but he hadn't got what it takes either. As for Pedersen's heading ability, has he ever scored a goal with a header ? I can't remember one.

Maybe time to learn yet another lesson from Big Sam and hire a sports psychologist to work on the players inner strengths.

Think your right there. And who ever it was that said football fans are known for being harsh is definatly stating what Rovers fans are generally like but as someone previously pointed out look at liverpool and crouch. He does contribute more than just goals and set pieces. I have noticed an understanding developing between him and Benni. If he was more confident and at the top of his game I think a few more people would have. When MGP gets the ball Benni is looking for a pass into feet almost everytime. More so that with Bentley or even Tugay.

On Sunday I remembered that MGP was referred to as the Norwegian David Beckham and I could see real similarities between the two. MGP has no pace, can't beat a player but his corners were exceptional. They created an enormous amount of pressure. I think we have to concentrate on what he can do.

I'll be disgusted if Peter isn't given an extended run in the side.

I can't see why everyone is so keen to see Peter in the team. He looks just a journeyman to me, no special talents.

If Reid were fit I'd guess that he would be playing in the right and Bentley on the left. We may as well accept that there aren't any real alternatives to Pedersen at the moment though, Peter is nowhere near proven enough to be starting games yet.

Some of the flack is unjust though. Hughes said last season that the pro-zone stats showed he ran more than any other player, he'll certainly never leave the full-back exposed. He'll always be a threat around the goal and his corners are improving rapidly. He's not a liablity, he's just not playing as well as he was last season.

Peter was taking on his man, who lets not forget is a world class player and he was looking confident. He injected some much needed pace into our attacks and he was afrais to put himself about.

I still think after last night though that Pedersen will start on sunday. Peter may of pushed his chance for more 20 minute appearances as a sub however.

Also where was Gallagher?

On his way out, I'd have thought. 3rd choice right winger, 3rd/4th choice left midfielder, 5th choice striker - it's not looking good for a player who had gained an appetite for playing weekly at Stoke. Shame, i think because he has talent but Hughes obviously thinks not enough.

On his way out, I'd have thought. 3rd choice right winger, 3rd/4th choice left midfielder, 5th choice striker - it's not looking good for a player who had gained an appetite for playing weekly at Stoke. Shame, i think because he has talent but Hughes obviously thinks not enough.

Therein lies his problem. Undoubtedly a talented footballer, but many technically gifted players have fallen by the wayside simply because they can't hold down any particular position.

Like I said before ,It's all about opinions and my opinion is he hasn't got what it takes , you think he's world class, time will tell wether I'm right or wrong. I suppose it's like saying we should have all got behind Sven when he was England manager and given him more time- I'm sorry but he hadn't got what it takes either. As for Pedersen's heading ability, has he ever scored a goal with a header ? I can't remember one.

?????

Poor comparison selection tyrone me old mate, I haven't seen MGP in hotel rooms selling himself to the highest bidder, he clearly could have run off on several occassions and stayed, so a slightly different commitment level, MGP is also a full international.

As for scoring with a header, correct, however, not even Beckham @ his finest could whip in such a cross that he could also manufacture being on the end of it to power it home, that would be spectacular!

i.e. He wins the headers that he has to get by beating the Right Back, he does that frequently, even when the ball that is pinged into him seems to be unwinable! (Remember Norwich?)

Peter was taking on his man, who lets not forget is a world class player and he was looking confident. He injected some much needed pace into our attacks and he was afrais to put himself about.

I still think after last night though that Pedersen will start on sunday. Peter may of pushed his chance for more 20 minute appearances as a sub however.

Much, much better than Pedersen at this moment in time. We looked a far better outfit with Peter bombing down the left flank. His effectiveness will only increase when Bentley and Emerton link up again on the right wing.

Still, I agree, Hughes loves Gamst and he'll probably start on Sunday. ;)

i dont get people sometimes, people saying peter looked like a journey man everytime he has come on he has look a class player, and gallagher to move to a championship club what is that about he has looked bright this season when he has come on, they both just need a decent run in the team.

Am I allowed to change my mind? It was of course me who said that Peter was just a jouneyman. He came on against Chelsea and played really well. :wstu:

Apologies Sergio.

Archived