BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Does anyone else get a bit concerned about all the negative attention we get from the media??

Nope, it's the price to pay for not being a club that are media darlings. AKA a proper club (oooerrrr, that sounds a bit Souness-like). I'd rather not be a Spurs.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair to the article, they were quoting pedersen (or rather, gamst as he'd like to be addressed), so they weren't exactly spouting nonsense. and as for what gamst said, it may have been taken out of context; he could have been asked 'do you harbour hopes of playing for your childhood heroes manchester united one day?'

Not that it's any news to anyone, but Sky is trying to create news from nothing:

link

Strange title to that article;

'Big Club Tempts Pedersen'

What...he wants to go to Birmingham? :blink:

There's no way Pedersen would tempt a big club with his performances so far this season, in fact he wouldn't even tempt Birmingham! Maybe he needs a spell on the bench to try and get him to buck up his ideas.

MGP was very poor today, as the guy behind me said "he gone to pieces." I couldn't have put it better.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing, or he's just forgotten how good he can be, but I think it's time for Peter to have a few games while Morten gets his head back on straight

Typical scummy Rovers fans. He suffers from a drop in form (abheit a big drop in form), and all of a sudden he is the worst player in the squad. How long before he's booed by Rovers fans? This time last year you were all wanting him to spunk in your face. He should be rested, allowed to regain his focus and strength, whilst Peter is given a chance.

I can assure you at no point did I want Gamst to 'spunk in my face'. As for this drop in form, it's gone on for his entire Rovers career - in the sense that he provides little to the team besides a good set piece taker. The difference in the last six months or so is that he's not hitting the back of the net regularily. He has been a passenger for the majority of this season, much like the second half of 2005/6.

Nope, it's the price to pay for not being a club that are media darlings. AKA a proper club (oooerrrr, that sounds a bit Souness-like). I'd rather not be a Spurs.

If Blackburn had a population of 1m+ the media would be full of them as they are for all the other large city clubs. How they are with a club has got naff-all to do with football but only to do with numbers of viewers, listeners, or readers. Absolutely nothing else comes in to it.

Very similar to politicians and voters!

yes he is, extremely frustrating and has been for a while. in my mind this is a mirror image of brett, when he first came to rovers, started off great and then eventually went down hill, bigstyle, but glad that brett is back to playing good football.

i can except his play when we are attacking but to me his defensive side of the game is awful. so lackadaisical is his defending at the moment that it is becoming very frustrating and something that needs to be knocked on the head. i am all for young sergio to come in and be given a few weeks on the left side of midfield. a young lad who will tackle, got pace, good balls skills and a great crosser too.

time to make morten realise that a lot better effort is needed on the defensive side of his game.

His corners in the last two games have at least improved from being rank bad.

Apparently he was in tears when subbed yesterday so he clearly cares very deeply and knows things are not right. His tackling and willingness to take hard knocks have improved this season as well.

The problem is the improvements are not enough to offset the overall loss of form. He must be feeling the pressure being the pin-up boy of Norwegian football and getting all this stuff spouted about wanting to join the other Rovers rejects at Big Club.

Gamst was frustrating yesterday. Should`ve come off earlier.......in my view. :(

You're right, he was clearly tired, we know his form is not good at present but he was still trying to perform. I'd like to see Hughes rest him, not drop him, for a couple of games and give Peter a chance.

Apparently he was in tears when subbed yesterday so he clearly cares very deeply and knows things are not right.

I don't know about that but his interview on RR was full of disappointment. He knows what has to be done by himself and the team which is a lot more than can be said for some underperforming players in the past.

he is one of the few guys that crosses and he has scored many a free kick.

Well on a cross for cross basis i think bentley has not only put more in the quality of his crosses have been top draw. MGP had a bad end to last season and has had an annoying start to this. He should be left out for a few games to send him the message that he needs to work at his game but also to give him time off.

His free kicks and corners in the very recent past haven't been any where near his normally very good set pieces. I hope we get the old morten back but at the moment he looks out of his depth!

I dont think he needs dropping to make him realise that he needs to pull his finger out as some suggest. He obviously knows. The way he went straight to the side when he was subbed with his head down shows that. IMO people need to get of his back in that regard, i.e. he needs dropping to make him realise. He does realise. Its clear. I do think he needs resting for a couple of weeks. However his attitude is good. He needs a rest, he needs his conifidence. 99% of wingers are hot and cold. Lay off the guy else he wont ever get back to his best.

This time last year you were all wanting him to spunk in your face.

:lol: well said , bill.

as i stated on friday, he needs to rest up. people have hidden agendas and/ or need scapegoats.

ped was down as penalty taker and wouldve been heralded, if things went differently.

it's a great time to be a rovers fan, sad that it's not be recognised by the majority.

Archived