BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

I cannot believe anyone that has watched the team this season thinks that MGP should be anything other than dropped (preferably from a great height). We've been playing with 10 men and waiting for the one spectacular goal is no longer worth it.

Perhaps we should drop Ooijer, Reid and McCarthy aswell, because they have been pretty poor this season also. Our team as a whole is playing bad at the moment, so to single out one player looking for a scapegoat just ain't right.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we should drop Ooijer, Reid and McCarthy aswell, because they have been pretty poor this season also. Our team as a whole is playing bad at the moment, so to single out one player looking for a scapegoat just ain't right.

Reid has been rushed back because of our failure to strengthen the middle and Tugay's ban. Doesn't make his performances better, but it is probably the best we can do at the moment.

Ooijer, one game, but I would have understood had he been dropped after that.

McCarthy, still the only player to score, needs a kick up the backside though.

MGP, well, hasn't looked even close to doing anything yet and we do have a replacement in Peter.

I think a good number of our squad need to get into gear. I'm not worried at this moment in time, but none of them seem to be either and that isn't always a good thing.

Form is temporary, class is permanent – Remember that!

MGP will come good.

The only thing that is permanent is this jumped up boy band wannabe failing to deliver a decent ball from the corner flag.

It's been going on for absolutely ages and it's high time the management and coaching staff called a halt.

Saturday in front of the away fans was a microcosm of what has gone on for months - one failed to beat the first defender, one into the side netting, one over everyone and away, and one which might beat a 5 foot 6 pub team keeper to find the top corner but is NEVER going to beat any keeper at this level.

I don't care if it's his speciality, or if once every 100 corners he bags an assist with a peach. It isn't good enough. We hardly look like scoring from open play, and because of this muppet there is absolutely no benefit to be had from winning any corners either. Get Bentley or Savage or even Emerton on them - quick.

Form is temporary, class is permanent – Remember that!

MGP will come good.

Exactly, which is why I am concerned that MGP has now served his purpose, ala John Stead.

Apart from never actually having a run of games where his perfromances have been spectacular (Fortunately his goals have), he hasn't actually improved the parts of his game he should have in his entire spell here.

i would drop McCarthy just so he knows is place, strikers are judged on goals, if he doesn't score or put in effort then someone else gets a chance, at "least" we have some competition for places

Unfair I think, as in every game I've seen this season (ok...that's two), the big problem is that the strikers aren't given anything to work with. He's coming deep a lot to get involved and he does hold the ball up well. The whole problem is that we're not getting anything worthwhile out of our left side, while any decent ball in from the outside is currently coming from Bentley. MGP needs to start getting some quality balls into the box, from open play as well as set pieces.

yeah just a thought to mix things up, maybe not now but if things continue, thought maybe a different mix upfront may help, make use of the number of strikers we have, although roberts out now, would like Benni to know he has a fight for his place but that honestly means other strikers performing better and that not reality

• 4 weeks later...

Who would buy him? I can't really see Liverpool or Manchester United putting in a bid for him that would be big enough to tempt us given the fact that he has just signed a new contract.

Spurs. or at least they would put in a bid, which would be turned down.

• 2 weeks later...

Another useless performance from MGP. Id rather Gray played LW then this overrated wannabe Popstar. It was like we were playing with 10 men for 70s min. No doubt he'll get another chance on Sunday, play @#/? all match and score a goal to earn a reprive for another anonymoust 5 matches.

If Morten played for someone like Spurs or Newcastle, he'd be getting stick from the fans by now and rightly so, but all the Rovers fans seem content with the guy just because of the odd goal amongst endless crappy performances.

Even when MGP was contributing with his 9 or 10 goals a season from the LW his performances overall were not good , now hes not scoring we can all season what a average player he is. Also when was the last time Rovers scored from a corner? Im sure we scored more goals from Corners when the scapegoat at the time Emerton was taking them.

Hughes please play Gally or Peter against Bolton.

Ok I'll confess it's my fault. Basically-I got Gamst on the back of my shirt at the start of the season and to cut a long story short, previous names to grace the back of my Rovers shirt have been:

*Jansen-proceeeded to crash on his bike and thus end his career

*Thompson-Was playing like Ronaldinho, so I got him and then he spent the next two years injured

*Sutton-Moved to Chelsea almost straight away and went rubbish for a couple of years

*Callum Davidson-why i know...but he promptly went terd and to our reserves

*Yorke-We had Yorke and Cole...we were going to win the league...oh wait.

So unless he moves for £10 million like Sutton I think i can shoulder some blame!

Archived