BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jansenpresty, I really admire your eternal optimism and positivity, it's a breath of fresh air on here some days.

However, your spelling is crud. :)

:lol: crud is an understatement ;)

i don't know where it all went wrong, i was well good at english in school, i got decent grades too.

i blame the keyboard!!!

Therein lies his problem. Undoubtedly a talented footballer, but many technically gifted players have fallen by the wayside simply because they can't hold down any particular position.

I would have to say that his absence on Wednesday, if he was fully available for the game, is pretty damning. If Hughes had any faith in him he woul dhave been on the bench. My personal opinion is that he is a very talented player who lacks some motivation and athleticism.

He has also suffered from Bentley's emergence- although subtley different types of player they cover the same range of positions, and Bentley has been the one who has asserted his place first.

I want him to get a couple of starts before he goes, I think he has a lot to offer- a fine passer and finisher. And frankly we have a thin squad as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

GAMST is a quality player imo and we are lucky he plays for rovers.

remember form is temporary, class is permanent.

TO OZZIE: Where is the spelling mistake in the quote above from Jansenpresty? I cannot find one. The only slight mistake he has made is missing out the Capital R in "Rovers" and "Remember":rolleyes:

EDIT: Oops! I have risen to the bait again, haven't I? Sooorrryy. I will try not to do it again, but it is really hard not to, especially as a former teacher of English.

• 2 weeks later...

Or he has more faith in Gamst than Peter. Hughes has shown that he does prefer to stick to his experienced players. Look how long it took for Gamst to dislodge the previous incumbent of the left wing slot - none other than that superstar midfielder, Brett Emerton.

Or he has more faith in Gamst than Peter. Hughes has shown that he does prefer to stick to his experienced players. Look how long it took for Gamst to dislodge the previous incumbent of the left wing slot - none other than that superstar midfielder, Brett Emerton.

It's fair enough that he has more faith in Gamst-a fully fit and in form MGP is a great asset to any team and Hughes certainly knows better than any of us. However Gamst has a broken rib, has been playing woeful of late but is still preferred to Peter and Gally for example.

• 1 month later...

It's fair enough that he has more faith in Gamst-a fully fit and in form MGP is a great asset to any team and Hughes certainly knows better than any of us. However Gamst has a broken rib, has been playing woeful of late but is still preferred to Peter and Gally for example.

After watching the last three games, I have to say I'm convinced that MGP was really hurting for the most part of the early season. He's looked a completely different player the last 3 or 4 games, and has been one of our best performers of late.

agreed, from what Ive seen (and its highlights im afraid)

Whereas you only saw Gamst giving the ball away of belting it into row z instead of crossing it, now, he's on the highlights for the right reasons, that cross for the goal last night was perfect

He has been much much improved over the last few games which Ive seen all of them live. I think his revival started against Newcastle in the second half but really took off against Reading.

His movement has been more confident. He still has a long way to go but he is at least causing the opposition some problems.

With that said the quality of his set pieces is still off what we were given for the majority of last season.

Well Done to MGP for yesterdays display, it was a great example of how you can be a great winger without needing to be speedy gonzalez. MGP using skill and power to take and to take on players was magnificent, his best game ever for Rovers?

Also MGP and Benni seem to love their little show boating and link up play together and have a real good understanding between each other.

I think hes been a little quite this season but i think he'll pick it up and start playing like him old self over all i think he does a GREAT job in mid and has done great job feeding McCarthy and helping to cause trouble where ever he can. Also on a lighter note the begging of this thred was bashinhing this post and then 18 pages later its still ppl posting. LOL just thoght it was funny. :brfc:

Archived