BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Well Done to MGP for yesterdays display, it was a great example of how you can be a great winger without needing to be speedy gonzalez. MGP using skill and power to take and to take on players was magnificent, his best game ever for Rovers?

Also MGP and Benni seem to love their little show boating and link up play together and have a real good understanding between each other.

I agree totaly and i noticed this against liverpool we where taking the ###### its good to see a rovers side doing it the last time they where it was with duff and dunn

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in the last 2 home games he's played very well and I've been a big critic this season. Nobody is expecting him to beat 2 men and whip crosses over, but he showed last season that he's a good footballer in general. He can play the 1-2's and the 'cute' balls that most other players we have cant. He can trap a ball, can jump and head it (sounds easy but remember Shefki !) and also has what I believe is referred to as a 'footballing brain'.

The problem this season has IMO been poor form due to lack of confidence. After being largely ineffective early doors, he stopped looking for the ball and stopped trying to run with it or move it forward, instead choosing the 'easier' option of sideways or back. He also seems to have stopped making the runs into the box that brought him a lot of his goals last season. Remember the goal against Arsenal last year when Bellamy cut along the byeline, pulled it back for MGP to slam in. Around that time he was arriving fast and late, now he just isnt arriving at all. This could to be fair be down to managers orders.

Hopefully for whatever reason he's coming too again and we'll see the Pedersen of last year. Maybe he likes the weather cold. He certainly seemed to enjoy playing on that rain-sodden excuse of a pitch! I just hope it lasts as we know he's got ability but we're not good enough to carry a player who shows it for only 15 games a season.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant even though he's playing well at the moment. (I cant tell if it does or not as the New Years Eve Guiness is kicking in now!). It's more of a general opinion of the player over 12 months. On a birghter note he does try and get involved to create a rapport with the fans at the end of each game and he does seem to give a damn over the result.

I think in the last 2 home games he's played very well and I've been a big critic this season. Nobody is expecting him to beat 2 men and whip crosses over, but he showed last season that he's a good footballer in general. He can play the 1-2's and the 'cute' balls that most other players we have cant. He can trap a ball, can jump and head it (sounds easy but remember Shefki !) and also has what I believe is referred to as a 'footballing brain'.

The problem this season has IMO been poor form due to lack of confidence. After being largely ineffective early doors, he stopped looking for the ball and stopped trying to run with it or move it forward, instead choosing the 'easier' option of sideways or back. He also seems to have stopped making the runs into the box that brought him a lot of his goals last season. Remember the goal against Arsenal last year when Bellamy cut along the byeline, pulled it back for MGP to slam in. Around that time he was arriving fast and late, now he just isnt arriving at all. This could to be fair be down to managers orders.

Hopefully for whatever reason he's coming too again and we'll see the Pedersen of last year. Maybe he likes the weather cold. He certainly seemed to enjoy playing on that rain-sodden excuse of a pitch! I just hope it lasts as we know he's got ability but we're not good enough to carry a player who shows it for only 15 games a season.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant even though he's playing well at the moment. (I cant tell if it does or not as the New Years Eve Guiness is kicking in now!). It's more of a general opinion of the player over 12 months. On a birghter note he does try and get involved to create a rapport with the fans at the end of each game and he does seem to give a damn over the result.

Rest easy Hasta you have got it right. MGP is indeed a VERY good player who has suffered much ill judged criticism on here in recent times. The lad is very sensitive to criticism and and soon loses confidence. He has also been carrying a painful injury (cracked ribs) for several weeks this season which few have made allowance for. I say get behind the lad and make him feel at home and appreciated. we will ALL then reap the benifits.

As I don't see many matches, I have a question? Does MGP take a good percentage of our corners? I recall Savage also taking penalties.

Reading the transfer topic (and this topic as well), it's pretty clear that MGP is the best header of a ball in the squad. Then someone mentioned in that topic that MGP puts the ball in the best position for our strikers to head the ball... but they are consistently failing, because they don't have MGP's skill to offset their size against tall defenders.

So, I asked myself, why haven't I read the _bleeding obvious_ suggested. Shouldn't MGP be in the box for every corner we get? Perhaps this is happening? As I said, I don't see many matches.

As others have said MGP has been a class apart in the last 3/4 games. He looks fit and eager to play and he has played a massive part in gaining us the 9 points over the xmas and New year period.

Last month I was getting increasing annoyed at how he was starting every game and Peter was not getting his chance, but I am now made to eat my words. Well done Hughes for sticking by MGP.

As others have said MGP has been a class apart in the last 3/4 games. He looks fit and eager to play and he has played a massive part in gaining us the 9 points over the xmas and New year period.

Last month I was getting increasing annoyed at how he was starting every game and Peter was not getting his chance, but I am now made to eat my words. Well done Hughes for sticking by MGP.

Have to say I was right there with you! I guess we just have to trust that Hughes actually DOES know what he's doing and unlike Kidd, Harford etc we COULDN'T do better! BUt Morten was actually tackling and tracking back and everything on Monday!!

I do hope that this recent return to scintillating form by MGP has nothing to do with the transfer window gaping and the alleged interest from one of the media's favourite BIG clubs. :huh:<_<

i think it's the fact he has fully recovered from that rib injury he sustained a while ago.

i have never met mgp in person but folk who have had said what a top bloke he is.

he must enjoy it at ewood, he signed a new contract in the summer and imo is a fans favourite!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How hard work and sense of humour works for Arctic Monkey Pedersen

"Morten Gamst Pedersen, Blackburn's smiling assassin with a repertoire of truly spectacular goals, smiles even more when you mention his "secret weapon". Or, to you and me, his right foot."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

I think it refers to the swinging bit and not the elevation.

It was disappointing to see the daisy cutter back in his corner taking routine at Chesea again and again...

However, in all fairness to the lad, he is back playing great football and needs all the encouragement to keep on getting better. Even his detractors know that this is a kid with a massive talent.

Hang on a minute, "few can take a better inswinging corner."

Hahaha

I know what you're getting at but I think it's a fair comment. When he gets the corners right they can be deadly, right under the crossbar and with so much pace. Granted he doesn't always get it right, infact it's probably less than 50%, but thats still better than most.

Gamst is a fantastic player, and is getting better all the time. We're very lucky to have him. Hopefully we can keep the big clubs away for a bit longer, atleast until a time that the fee suits us.

I know what you're getting at but I think it's a fair comment. When he gets the corners right they can be deadly, right under the crossbar and with so much pace.

Be interesting to see what returns a bloody great 6ft 6in giant parked right in front of the opposition keeper might yield. :rover:

Archived