BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

I know what you're getting at but I think it's a fair comment. When he gets the corners right they can be deadly, right under the crossbar and with so much pace. Granted he doesn't always get it right, infact it's probably less than 50%, but thats still better than most.

I'm afraid that I just don't agree with that T4E. In football today, any challange on the keeper constitues a free kick. Furthermore, any keeper worth his salt can deal with a ball coming virtually straight at him, even if he is being disrupted by sombody, and there is no chance of him being lobbed. How many goals have we actually scored from corners? Any stattos out there? I wonder how many of those goals came from corners going right down the keepers throat. Though I most likelyt don't watch as many games as you do, I'd put the percent at which his free kicks under the cross bar actually come off andf cause some kind of danger at closer to 10%.

MGP has a fantastic delivery, if only he varied his corners a bit and tried to pick out some runners, we could score so many more goals than we currently do.

Was listening to Mark Hughes' interview after the game and he was saying how MGP has one of the best free-kicks he has ever seen on a football pitch - this would include the likes of Beckham and Ronaldinho.

I watched this on MOTD and he also commented how MGP can really wind him up at times with his corners, but otherwise is one of the best set piece takers he has ever seen.

I have criticised MGP in the past, but he has been exceptional at time sthis season and is developing into a quality player. So don't get me wrong, I do like him, I just wish he'd stop being so bloody stubborn and realise that his corners just don't work!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's very happy playing for Blackburn, if we can push on towards Europe again this shouldn't be a problem. They'd have to cash up silly money anyway, and without being too pessimistic, he'll probably end this great patch with a few lacklustre displays in a few weeks/months time anyway.

Agree with that. Once his great goals dry up, which they simply have to at some point or another during the season, then we will be back to people moaning about his performances and saying that they would bite the hands off of any club that comes in with a £5 million offer.

MGP has a fantastic delivery, if only he varied his corners a bit and tried to pick out some runners,

I think this is basically teh issue though tcj ... we don't have any runners - this has been an issue with the Rovers for a while.

Amarouso was very good at this but that didn't last long and if if you watch us at corners we seem to be pretty stationary in getting into space and our positioning seems questionable at times.

Looking at some of the goals he has scored , McCarthy has shown he can connect with his head fairly confidently and pretty well on target, and now with Samba here, maybe we might just see us making use of corners now.

MGP has been on fire since he took a bit of stick at the end of the first half of the Newcastle game. He came out in the second half and scored a stunner and hasn't looked back since.

He seems to have responded very well to some not so constructive feedback.

I think this is basically teh issue though tcj ... we don't have any runners - this has been an issue with the Rovers for a while.

Amarouso was very good at this but that didn't last long and if if you watch us at corners we seem to be pretty stationary in getting into space and our positioning seems questionable at times.

Mr Samba appeared to be the target man on Saturday.

I actually thought about the very same thing when Vidic scored for United in their last game. Not that it was an exceptional goal or performance, but that type of movement is exactly what we're missing.

Doubt it, probably more likely we'll see Paul Gallagher or even Berner. No report on his injury yet, for all we know he'll be able to play sooner than expected. They wouldn't risk anything at all in a game like this..

I would have thought that Berner would play for the suspended Warnock though?

Archived