BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd volunteer that Peter hasn't made great strides because he has hardly played - reserve or first team footy. That's not to say he should be playing - but it's just an explanation. I really don't see how Gally and Peter are going to improve unless they play football, in which case, they should try to go out on loan.

If Jeffers and Roberts hadn't got injured at that time, I suspect we'd still be talking of Matt Derbyshire as that lightweight poacher who plays for the reserves but isn't anywhere near good enough for first team football.

Spurs are hardly the most attractive option. Sure they're in London and have a nice stadium, but they have about as much chance of winning trophies as we do and the side is saturated with midfielders.

Pedersen is a hot and cold player, who is only just tolerated by his own supporters due to the fact that he is capable of very special things. However I can't see Tottenham's mouthy, demanding fans and ownership being too impressed with his 8 good games a year.

the release clause again!?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

UNITED IN FOR £8M PEDERSEN

EXCLUSIVE

By Martin Lipton Chief Football Writer 17/04/2007

* More Football

* Have your say: Football forum

MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to snatch Morten Gamst Pedersen away from Blackburn by triggering an £8million release clause in the Norwegian's Ewood Park contract.

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to land the versatile Pedersen, who has made a big impact in his three years at Ewood Park.

And with Fergie already planning for life when Ryan Giggs, 33, calls time on his Old Trafford career, the Scot is ready to make his move for the 25-year-old Pedersen this summer.

Advertisement

Click here to find out more!

Blackburn fended off interest by Spurs last summer by doubling Pedersen's £10,000-per-week wages and handing him a new four-year deal.

But part of the new contract was the release clause that allows Pedersen the right to move to any club that puts in an £8m bid for his services.

United have been alerted to the existence of the clause. which is similar to the one that allowed Liverpool to land Craig Bellamy for £6m.

It was a protective gesture by Rovers, who were determined to ensure they did not lose him for a minimal fee.

Yet it is a licence for a predator to come in and effectively force a sale, with United being able to offer Pedersen a huge signing-on fee and massively improved wages.

I'd volunteer that Peter hasn't made great strides because he has hardly played - reserve or first team footy. That's not to say he should be playing - but it's just an explanation. I really don't see how Gally and Peter are going to improve unless they play football, in which case, they should try to go out on loan.

If Jeffers and Roberts hadn't got injured at that time, I suspect we'd still be talking of Matt Derbyshire as that lightweight poacher who plays for the reserves but isn't anywhere near good enough for first team football.

:rover: well said that man :brfc:

It would be a shattering blow for us. More so than Bellamy in my opinion as his free kicks, set pieces and general teamwork are among the best in the league. He has improved alot, especially in the amount of work he is doing for the team, defending, running up and down, etc...

Cant imagine losing him! :(

In this day and age almost every player has a release clause even ronaldo, My only problem is how stupidly low are ones seem to be, 12 million and i'd say thankyou very much. 8 million especially this summer when all teams will have a huge budget from tv deal is not guna cut much weight in the market.

In this day and age almost every player has a release clause even ronaldo, My only problem is how stupidly low are ones seem to be, 12 million and i'd say thankyou very much. 8 million especially this summer when all teams will have a huge budget from tv deal is not guna cut much weight in the market.

Problem is that we don't set them...... the players agent's do. Also if we set them high we would have to pay the players more. It's win/win for the players and their agents.

He had a great game on Sunday when he was in the shop window. Dont forget 6 months ago he was criticised roundly for poor form by many on here so it's just up to MH to find another. We are a developing and selling club now so get used to it. The time to worry is when our players are not coveted by other teams.

I hated to say but ... We must lose him if Sparky goes...!!!!

Is there a practical means to it?

I think... We'll have very painful new season...

please translate it Norwegian! :) ( Ithink it same as Daily mail)

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2007/04/17/497984.html

it is based on the daily mirror article, but have a quoute from Gamst to the guardian a couple of weeks ago:

- I am reading the newspapers. If someone gives me an offer, I got to think about it. But I am only being linked to other clubs because Blackburn plays well. This club will always be special to me, even if I some day leave to another club, says Gamst Pedersen to the The Guardian

This club will always be special to me, even if I some day leave to another club

Sounds very happy at Rovers to me. Gamst is a player we'd really miss - and would only realise it when he'd gone.

Just looking at the opta stats show how important he is to us:

Gamst has had more shots than any other Rovers player with 55.

Only Tugay and Emerton have attempted more passes - even though MGP has only been succesful with 59.6% (Toogs is 81.1%)

Second highest amount of crosses - behind Bentley.

He's our top tackler - attempting 82 tackles this season - with Savage second on 68 tackles. He's won 82.9% of those tackles, compared with 76.5% won by Savage.

When we got the free-kick we scored from on Sunday - I was half expecting a goal. That's the massive threat he gives us from free-kicks. Losing him for 8m would be a real blow. I'd say the club should offer him a new contract and try and put a release fee of 12-15m in it. If you're going to have it in - at least make it realistic!

The time to worry is when our players are not coveted by other teams.

Grrrr.....so gloomy.......!!

it is based on the daily mirror article, but have a quoute from Gamst to the guardian a couple of weeks ago:

- I am reading the newspapers. If someone gives me an offer, I got to think about it. But I am only being linked to other clubs because Blackburn plays well. This club will always be special to me, even if I some day leave to another club, says Gamst Pedersen to the The Guardian

Thanks!! other news on Norway media?

for me what is more worrying is that according to the bbc, the daily mirror reports that he has an 8M pound release clause in his contract. another friggin release clause, and if this is indeed true....then i am extremely dissapointed that once again it seems only a matter of time before a bigger club than ourselves, comes in with the amount of money that will trigger the clause.

get shut of the whoops I missed off the "g" clauses regarding a release fee!!!!!!!!!!

Archived