BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Sounds very happy at Rovers to me. Gamst is a player we'd really miss - and would only realise it when he'd gone.

Just looking at the opta stats show how important he is to us:

Gamst has had more shots than any other Rovers player with 55.

Only Tugay and Emerton have attempted more passes - even though MGP has only been succesful with 59.6% (Toogs is 81.1%)

Second highest amount of crosses - behind Bentley.

He's our top tackler - attempting 82 tackles this season - with Savage second on 68 tackles. He's won 82.9% of those tackles, compared with 76.5% won by Savage.

When we got the free-kick we scored from on Sunday - I was half expecting a goal. That's the massive threat he gives us from free-kicks. Losing him for 8m would be a real blow. I'd say the club should offer him a new contract and try and put a release fee of 12-15m in it. If you're going to have it in - at least make it realistic!

That is a much under appreciated part of his game. He is excellent defensively, one of the best widemen in the league at tracking back. His all round game is good - outstanding in the air (sunday apart...), decent passer, great finisher, brilliant free kick, decent crosser.

However I would say he lacks the all round flair for Man Utd. Ferguson has consistently gone for out and out wingers- Ronaldo, Kanchelskis, Giggs. Beckham, a similar sort of wide player to Pedersen, was shipped out. I can't see it. Liverpool will be the ones to watch as they play a tight 442 that suits the Peds game. They do have a lot of left sided players though...

Nonetheless if we did lose him for eight million then it would be sad but not disasterous. We have Peter, Bentley and Dunn who can play on the left and that sort of money would allow us to look for a quality player to replace him. Hopefully he will stay but we can survive. Bellamy was more important to us but we managed to do alright.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I refuse to believe we have inserted another clause into one of our best players contracts

Christ, its not a voluntary thing! We don't go "brilliant, have a clause cos we think your great!"

We do it becuase that is where bargaining takes us. A player playing well has ALL the bargaining power. If he wants a cluase there is little we can do about it other than not offering him a contract, or offering him more money on the basis there isn't one.

We don't 'give them away', they are forced upon us.

man u don't want pederson.

this is ALL pedersons agent - trying to stir up interest.

that's the ONLY was they can have found out about the release clause.

If the FA were even half serious about cleaning up the game - he should be investigated immediately.

Jason Koumas was voted best player outside the premiership by 442 magazine. Must be something about him. Apparently hes a creative midfielder with good passing, shooting and set pieces. I wouldnt mind another player like that in the squad. We need as much creativity as we can get for when Tugay calls it a day!

:rover: we double his wages and put a 8 million clause,does jw know what he is doing :wstu:another bellamy :brfc:

Clearly the agents and players insist on release clauses which ties the hands of the clubs somewhat. If Bellamy hadn't had his he'd never had signed simple as that, same would go for Ped if indeed its true.

It's a fact of life I'm afraid.

Legend. But he'll leave...that's for sure. If not this summer, then next summer. Would be great if we got a Ryan Giggs type of player who plays at one club for his whole career, but it's unreal that that'll happen at a club as Blackburn. Morten is brilliant, a magician, I would say.

Jason Koumas was voted best player outside the premiership by 442 magazine. Must be something about him. Apparently hes a creative midfielder with good passing, shooting and set pieces. I wouldnt mind another player like that in the squad. We need as much creativity as we can get for when Tugay calls it a day!

Each transfer window i hope that we sign him and suggest him on here. People said he was finished but yet again he comes back and proves everyone wrong this season. Sparky knows him well from wales and should take a punt on him.

If there is a release clause it must have been brought in during the contract extension last year. I can't see Souness including it when he signed MGP, not at £8 million. At the time he was still something of an unknown over here and it would have been highly speculative to have presumed his value would rise so high.

However I would say he lacks the all round flair for Man Utd. Ferguson has consistently gone for out and out wingers- Ronaldo, Kanchelskis, Giggs. Beckham, a similar sort of wide player to Pedersen, was shipped out.

I agree - not sure exactly where he'd fit into Uniteds team. They play a sort of 4-2-3-1 at the moment - and you would assume MGP would have to be one of the three attacking midfielders. He's not the same type of player as a Rooney, Ronaldo or a Giggs. Fergie has built his team to be lightening quick on the counter, and for all MGP's qualities - pace is not one of them.

man united dont want him its totaly made up, ther is also another story from fergie himself 2day that says he is targeting 2 new signings in the summer, and ther rummerd to be bale and hargreaves, and did any one read the one yesterday that united will trigger a 12million claus in owens contract haha.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+happy+at+Ewood

Hughes: Morten happy at Ewood

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 17 Apr 2007

Mark Hughes is confident Morten Gamst Pedersen is happy at Blackburn Rovers, amid reports Manchester United want to sign the winger.

Media speculation claimed the Premiership leaders were ready to activate a supposed clause in the Norwegian's contract to sign Pedersen for £8million in the summer.

But former United striker Hughes does not envisage any reason why the 25-year-old will be leaving Ewood Park at the end of the season.

Hughes understands his players will be coveted by other clubs, but believes Blackburn is the best club for Pedersen.

"There's always talk about my players," said Hughes on Sky Sports News.

"I think I spent most of this pre-season fending off interest in my players because we'd had an exceptional season.

"I'm sure this pre-season we will have other offers for other players.

"The situation with Morten is, basically, that he signed a new contract and was very happy to do so.

"He knows this is the best place for him at this moment in time in his career.

"He's made that commitment, we've made a commitment to Morten, and both parties are happy with that decision."

Pedersen joined Rovers from Tromso in 2004 and has made 112 appearances for the club, chipping in with 26 goals.

Last summer, he was rewarded with a new contract which binds him to Ewood Park until 2010.

_________

Humm... Sparky stay next season?

If there is a release clause it must have been brought in during the contract extension last year. I can't see Souness including it when he signed MGP, not at £8 million. At the time he was still something of an unknown over here and it would have been highly speculative to have presumed his value would rise so high.

Correct, his release clause comes from the contract he signed last year when we fought off Spurs' interest by doubling Pedersen's wages.

:rover: whatever we think as fans i reckon 2-3 off our star players will move in the summer.

macarthy 90% chance

pedersen 80% chance

bentley 60% chance

tugay 50% chance

so i reckon this is the time to play some fringe players and see if they will be up to the job next season :rolleyes::brfc:

:rover: whatever we think as fans i reckon 2-3 off our star players will move in the summer.

macarthy 90% chance

pedersen 80% chance

bentley 60% chance

tugay 50% chance

so i reckon this is the time to play some fringe players and see if they will be up to the job next season :rolleyes::brfc:

I'd change the percentages there. Tugay is in my opinion the most likely of those four to leave. He's had a poor second half to the season and this new contract doesn't seem to have been offered yet. With Dunn and Mokoena improving and Savage and Reid coming back from injury I think next season could be a bridge too far for Tugay.

I would say that unless Benni has a clause we will probably keep him as he is in that position of being worth a lot of money (I doubt Hughes would sell for less than 8 million) but being quite old and having a relatively poor end to the season. I personally would snap anyones hand off who offered 8 million as while his finishing is outstanding you have to wonder whether we could do a lot better.

Don't go Tugay! He HAS to stay if he is still playing. Can do a job and is an absolute legend.

Bentley because of his youth and nationality will be very attractive to other Prem clubs. As will Pedersen, although he is a little older.

If I had to take a guess I would actually say we will keep hold of all of them unless there are clauses.

The teams who will want Benni, Pedersen and Bentley are Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle. But none of those will want to pay £ 10 million plus for players who are, lets face it, not quite in the Duff/SWP/Carrick league of promise at the time of their sale.

I think Tugay will leave. Qatar or Turkey is calling. I'd love to see him stay but I think he wants to play more often than Hughes has in mind.

MGP and Bentley are the ones we need to keep. There will be interest in these two no doubt; Spurs will be in there.

I also have a horrible feeling that Liverpool will come knocking for Benni. I'll take a swap with Bellamy mind.

I could see MGP leaving, him having been a United supporter at one point. From every time I've ever heard Bentley interviewed, I could see him staying for at least another couple of seasons, so he doesn't end up in another Arsenal situation. I also see Tugay off, but hopefully it will be decided before the last match so he can get a proper sendoff.

Would love to see Benni stay, especially if we brought back Bellamy to partner him.

When I re-watched the game as soon as I saw Fergie sat in the crowd I knew the speculation would start!

Ronaldo's just signed for 5 years yet today Frank Ribery was linked with Man Utd! too...... Can't play em all can they?

It seems like the players we have re-signed over the past year (Nelsen, Bentley, Reid and MGP) have release clauses in their contract.

Fair enough, it may be the only way we can keep them.

I remember JW comments saying what a struggle last summer was, having to try and keep our best players. Hughes said the same thing, that the summer was spent trying to resist bids for our main players rather than making bids for new players.

Tugay wrote a couple of seasons back on his website that he will stay at Blackburn as long as the club want him. He doesn't care about money offers from Quatar or Turkey. He said he loves Rovers and the fans here. Don't think he's changed his mind on this matter. C'mon Hughes and JW sign him up! :rover:

Clearly the agents and players insist on release clauses which ties the hands of the clubs somewhat. If Bellamy hadn't had his he'd never had signed simple as that, same would go for Ped if indeed its true.

It's a fact of life I'm afraid.

benni too,its the way of life for teams not in the top 4.

It doesn't particularly seem to be "a way of life" for any premiership clubs other than us.

Did Michael Carrick have a clause? Michael Owen? Rio Ferdinand? Does Micah Richards? The potential fee quoted for him always seems to be in the 19m region. Then mention a Blackburn player and any potential fee seems to have a nought taken off.

Having lost Bellamy for a pittance, if MGP also has a "clause" set well below his market value, we seem to have totally lost the concept of what a "clause" should do. As was the case with Duff if there is to be "a clause" at all it should be set at a prohibitive level not at a level which is an open invitation for others to take our better players off us at a significant market undervaluation! :angry:

Archived