BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Hughes would think about offers above 8m. No chance he would leave for 5m.

He is a decent player, one of our best in the last couple of months, but I think for that sort of money Hughes will feel the side would be overall improved by the sale.

10+ for cert. my main concern is the lack of creativity next season if mgp and mccarthy were both to go in the summer...

Having seen the effect over the last 50 years of selling expensive, "replaceable" players who have not been effectively replaced, I would say no.

Every close season Spurs are linked with millions of players by their fans in the London press. Could we join this to a link that would show all the Spurs' "interest" just to show how many nonsensical stories there are.

Not this old rubbish AGAIN!

No sports news then?

MGP is class, we shouldn't be selling players like him, we should be strengthening, anybody who thinks we should sell (Esp. for anything less than double that) has wenger's sight consultant or knows where all the decent international left wingers are hiding...?

(Who can head a ball, has good close control, has learnt to track back and takes a mean set piece.)

How many goals does Lennon get? Would they release him? Would they F.

Some proper news please.

6m :blink: I wouldnt pay 2m for him

Koumas is a player with fantastic ability - but certainly wouldn't pay 6m for him. He's someone who doesn't bother at all with the defensive side of the game - probably only really effective in a 5 man midfield. If WBA don't go up this year - he'll be looking for a move - but as we seem to play 4-4-2 nowadays - can't see us making a move for him.

As for the Gamst speculation - it's obviously a slow news day - the media pick a name out of a hat and claim he's on his way to Spurs.

koumas is a decent player, far rather have gera though! is he still at west brom?

Gera is still at West Brom. I don't think he's had a great season though - lack of fitness and not wanting to play in the Championship being the main reasons. WBA fans seem to think Koumas has been better than Gera this season.

my main concern is the lack of creativity next season if mgp and mccarthy were both to go in the summer...

I'm not sure whether the two players you mention are particularly creative. They are definitely our most creative of players at present, but if the situation is the same next season I won't be happy.

McCarthy is not impressing me at all recently. He barely touches the ball for a large periods of games, and is offside more than is acceptable for a proven International Striker.

He's worth so much more than £5 million. Yes, he can be inconsistent, but take a look at other teams in this division...how many left wingers are there (outside the top four) that you'd swap Pedersen for? The only ones that are comparable really are Barry, Downing and Duff...and all those share the same problems of inconsistency.

The only semi-realistic target that I'd be happy with as a replacement is Mark Gonzalez from Liverpool. He's behind so many players for the left wing slot (Riise, Aurelio, Gerrard, Zenden, Garcia) but he has so much talent; he's extremely quick, powerful, and has a strong shot on him. I don't know if he'd be willing to come to us as I imagine 'bigger' clubs may be interested if he leaves, but I think he'll be a brilliant player in the future. He's just a little bit like Ronaldo was a couple of years ago at the moment; all the raw attributes but the end product is letting him down. All we need is Bellamy could put in a word to him about us being the place to develop his skills...

6m :blink: I wouldnt pay 2m for him

Erm, I read that he won Championship Player of the Year. Can't be all bad. Don't see 5 million rated David Nugent winning that. 6 sounds too much, but I wouldn't be displeased if we could get him at 2 frankly.

The most amusing thing about this clubcall link is how it says we won't let him go on the cheap, and will therefore want about 5 million! :lol:

He's worth so much more than £5 million. Yes, he can be inconsistent, but take a look at other teams in this division...how many left wingers are there (outside the top four) that you'd swap Pedersen for? The only ones that are comparable really are Barry, Downing and Duff...and all those share the same problems of inconsistency.

You missed Giggs...bit old now though of course.

The only semi-realistic target that I'd be happy with as a replacement is Mark Gonzalez from Liverpool. He's behind so many players for the left wing slot (Riise, Aurelio, Gerrard, Zenden, Garcia) but he has so much talent; he's extremely quick, powerful, and has a strong shot on him. I don't know if he'd be willing to come to us as I imagine 'bigger' clubs may be interested if he leaves, but I think he'll be a brilliant player in the future. He's just a little bit like Ronaldo was a couple of years ago at the moment; all the raw attributes but the end product is letting him down. All we need is Bellamy could put in a word to him about us being the place to develop his skills...

Have you seen him play at all? He's been rubbish. In my view, one of the key things a winger has to do is to be able to cross. Gonzalez cannot cross to save his life (and I'm putting it mildly). Riise plays leftback, Aurelio has been injured / too much of a pansy to play, Garcia has been injured for most of the season, Zenden is well, just Zenden. Gonzalez still doesn't get a game usually.

Have you seen him play at all? He's been rubbish. In my view, one of the key things a winger has to do is to be able to cross. Gonzalez cannot cross to save his life (and I'm putting it mildly). Riise plays leftback, Aurelio has been injured / too much of a pansy to play, Garcia has been injured for most of the season, Zenden is well, just Zenden. Gonzalez still doesn't get a game usually.

Yes I've seen him play, both for Liverpool and Sociedad.

I did say his final ball is lacking, as you pointed out with his crossing at present. Ronaldo couldn't cross to save his life either a few years ago. I realise there's no guarantee that he'll develop a decent cross, but all the natural ability is there to be a top player and he's worth a gamble to any club outside the top four who could offer him first team football every week. At Liverpool he's just not being given enough time on the pitch to develop. As we've seen with Bentley and Warnock, just because players can't get into other sides doesn't mean they aren't good enough for us, or at least won't be after a bit of coaching.

£5 m plus Keane then we might think about it.

I'd do that one. What do these reporters do? do they put this crap in some form of calendar and every X amount of months re-write it. Ploy to put him off his game Sunday?

Tottenham were after a orthodox left winger hence they cast eyes over Downing. Unless they've adjusted the criteria for the type of winger they want, I can't see them trying to sign Gamst.

Where there's smoke, there's a fire and it is no coincidence that Spurs have been continuously linked in the press with Pedersen for nearly two seasons now. Downing may well be at the top of Spurs wish list, but I'd bet Pedersen is right there behind him.

A season or two ago I wouldn't have minded selling Pedersen, if the money were right, but left wingers are just so hard to come by and Peter hasn't quite made the strides I thought he would. The balance we get with Bentley and Pedersen is what is winning us so many matches and good quality wingers / left / right midfielders, whatever you call them, are hard to come by. £15m might seem a lot, but it would take an offer in that region to tempt me.

Archived