BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hareide: He's struggled with a sore thigh, and got a little knock.

So Maverick's probably right, no strain hopefully.

Reports today say that the injury is not so bad. MGP had been treathed for a sore thigh the last week. It was MGP own choice to play even if he knew it could get worse.

Our friendly neighbourhood local paper the LT are at it again.

The question for the Fans Jury this week was "Sky pundit Andy Gray questioned whether Rovers would be able to keep hold of MGP in the summer after his explosive start to the season. Do you agree?"

Talk about trying to whip up speculation where none previously existed. They really don't like us having any good players do they? :angry:

As for MGP himself I was surprised to learn the other day he was 25, (26 in September) I'd assumed he was still about 22, and at that age he really should now be showing something approaching "his A game" week in week out..

Earlier in the season when he wasn't performing, I was of the view that you'd probably snap someone's hand off for 10m. In his current form however he's irreplaceable to us. You wouldn't want to sell for 20m.

Some of the correspondants were naively optomistic. I anticipate constant speculation, during which MGP will at first remain silent then say something cryptic, be "missquoted" in Norway before finally clearing off. Depressingly predictable. Not bad if he goes abroad or to the big four but would be devastated if he went to likes of Tottenham.

I guess we might be seeing Peter? Gallagher on the left doesn't fill me with excitement.

Or I suppose we could move Emerton to RM have Zurab at RB and play Bentley on the left. Or we could play Dunn on the left and Mokoena in the middle. So many permutations, shows a flexible squad.

The knock on Gamst could work in our favor as he does play considerably worse when he is tired.

This is what annoys me about crappy little international friendlies that have no reason for being. If Bentley had picked up a knock as well then we would literally have no midfield.

Sparky should take a lead from the bigger clubs and get Andy Todd to go around in training and kick everyone to give them little knocks to withdraw them.

The biggest week of our season so far and we have our best player missing.

even though he is only out for 2 weeks, he misses 3 games which will undoubtedly shape our season imo.

everton(prem) win this and we are on the right road to be in the chasing pack for a european finish in the league. A loss and we are lingering in mid table batting of the relegation candidates.

bayer lever(europe) away in germany and we all love our small town in europe.

bolton/arsenal(fa cup) we all dream of going to wembley.

i know it's only 1 player in a team but when that player has been your best performer in recent times, it makes you angry that he is going to miss these crucial games because of a meaningless friendly :angry:

This is what annoys me about crappy little international friendlies that have no reason for being. If Bentley had picked up a knock as well then we would literally have no midfield.

It wouldn't actually be that bad, surprisingly. We could have played a midfield of...

Dunn Mokoena Tugay Emerton

...and still had Peter and Gally in reserve.

Bloody anooyiny these pointless friendlys. Fair enough getting injured in a qualifyer, but a game like that is a joke should get compenstation. Same thing happened last year, Bellers out for 6 weeks injured in a Welsh friendly against Zambia. JOKE! :angry:

don't be silly dunn could never do the same job as sav

Seconded, Dunn is no savage unfortunately for all of his ball skills. He will be doing a makeshift Robbie impersonation tomorrow (if he is fit) but there is absolutely no doubt the Welshman would start if he was available.

I would make the case that out of all our midfielders that, despite having the least talent, Robbie is our most missed. Perhaps if Reid was around it wouldn't be such a loss but as it is without the blond bombshell we have no teeth in the middle of the park.

I would be much much more positive about the result tomorrow if Savage was playing. As it is I think we are going to really struggle.

Archived