BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

Ok I'll confess it's my fault. Basically-I got Gamst on the back of my shirt at the start of the season and to cut a long story short, previous names to grace the back of my Rovers shirt have been:

*Jansen-proceeeded to crash on his bike and thus end his career

*Thompson-Was playing like Ronaldinho, so I got him and then he spent the next two years injured

*Sutton-Moved to Chelsea almost straight away and went rubbish for a couple of years

*Callum Davidson-why i know...but he promptly went terd and to our reserves

*Yorke-We had Yorke and Cole...we were going to win the league...oh wait.

So unless he moves for £10 million like Sutton I think i can shoulder some blame!

i know what you mean somerset! i had sutton on the uhlsport shirt, and we know what happened. then the next time i printed a name, it was jansen and we know what happened too. to compound the problem, i then had bellamy on last season's shirt, and he promptly left. speaking of which, for you guys who attend ewood regularly, have the yearly discounts on shirts started yet? i seem to remember they usually start heavily discounting shirts around this time...

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another useless performance from MGP. Id rather Gray played LW then this overrated wannabe Popstar. It was like we were playing with 10 men for 70s min. No doubt he'll get another chance on Sunday, play @#/? all match and score a goal to earn a reprive for another anonymoust 5 matches.

If Morten played for someone like Spurs or Newcastle, he'd be getting stick from the fans by now and rightly so, but all the Rovers fans seem content with the guy just because of the odd goal amongst endless crappy performances.

Even when MGP was contributing with his 9 or 10 goals a season from the LW his performances overall were not good , now hes not scoring we can all season what a average player he is. Also when was the last time Rovers scored from a corner? Im sure we scored more goals from Corners when the scapegoat at the time Emerton was taking them.

Hughes please play Gally or Peter against Bolton.

usual over-reaction.

the only thing i agree with is about corners--- although we havent got amo to nod them in at the near post.

i watched cyprus norway the other week and noticed he only takes inswinging corners from the right for them.

he took a great corner in the 1st half yesterday, also from the right. something to look at.

i dont think it's a simple a form thing. MGP looks tired to me and in need of a break. the guy's been an almost ever-present since jan 05.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squ...3~31075,00.html

Maybe a few games on the bench with Peter taking over might help.

I think thats a very good solution in this case. So long as Gamst knows hes being rested and not dropped it shouldnt effect his confidence. He gets rested and back to his best (hopefully) and Peter gets some experience which will aid his development a lot.

I thought yesterday he was poor. Had an easy chance to score with a header but flashed a boot at it instead.

I was screaming for Peter to come on (and then realised he wasn't even on the bench). I'm guessing Peter could be given a run against Bolton.

I was screaming for Peter to come on (and then realised he wasn't even on the bench). I'm guessing Peter could be given a run against Bolton.

or we could match bolton like for like, with nonda and bentley as (for want of a better description...) wide forwards.

I think thats a very good solution in this case. So long as Gamst knows hes being rested and not dropped it shouldnt effect his confidence. He gets rested and back to his best (hopefully) and Peter gets some experience which will aid his development a lot.

Couldn't agree more. His form's been mostly poor all season. When I think back to the tussle he had with Toure a couple of seasons ago and his recent form, he's not the same player.

To his critics: he's not turned into a donkey overnight, nor can anyone question his committment after signing a new deal. He just needs a breather.

I'm all for keeping the first 11 together as much as games, injuries and suspensions allow, but I think Morten's due a breather.

Simon :brfc:

One thing I hate about this debate is the rubbish I hear too much of - ‘Give Gally a chance’. Yes I agree that MGP has been poor but Gallagher on the left?? Please give us a break!

He is crap and not premier league standard. Paul Gallagher is too over-rated by fans because he is a local lad and that is something many want to see him in the team. His potential is great, however he is an average player who I believe already thinks in his own head that he has made it.

He needs to knuckle down, stop thinking he is a great player and start to perform if he wants to play in our 1st team. He needs to prove himself and going off any performances I have seen from him in the last 6 months, I would say he isn’t premier league standard as yet! And shouldn’t play on the left wing before Peter, Bentley or Gray!

I think that as long as the team is winning then we should keep the same team as much as possible, even though MGP has been poor recently. Hopefully he can play himself back into form while the team keeps picking up points.

I think that as long as the team is winning then we should keep the same team as much as possible, even though MGP has been poor recently. Hopefully he can play himself back into form while the team keeps picking up points.

Exactly. Even though MGP is playing poorly - you shouldn't mess with a winning team. 8 games unbeaten, 5 wins in those, and 5 wins and a draw in the last 6. Leave the team as it is!

Pedersen plus factors- Great shot in both feet, good eye for a pass, good spring (but rarely directs headers), can beat opponents ( but can't run away from them).

Pedersen minus factors- Chronic lack of pace, doesn't like the physical side of the game ( loses the ball far too often),doesn't impose himself on the game ( rarely changes wings or makes runs through the centre), lacks composure in front of goal ( his answer to every chance is to thrash the ball as hard as possible , when they go in it's great but like last night he looks a mug at times, bentley would have put that one away I'm sure).

So any body think he's going to- a) get fast, or B) get tough and hardworking ? it's up to him but somehow I think what we've seen this season is what you get.

Re the previous post- Don't know where the smiley face came from ! one other point- he's got a good long throw that we rarely exploit .

Pedersens input is not always visible I think. Hughes must see something in his performances that we don't. To me he looks p*** poor at times, but you can't fault his workrate. And there's always the deadball skills that we have available to utilise when he plays. Bentley can beat a man and deliver great crosses, so together they give us a balanced array of attacking options.

Pedersens input is not always visible I think. Hughes must see something in his performances that we don't. To me he looks p*** poor at times, but you can't fault his workrate. And there's always the deadball skills that we have available to utilise when he plays. Bentley can beat a man and deliver great crosses, so together they give us a balanced array of attacking options.

What work rate? Running up and down the side line does not equate to workrate -explain yourself !

Getting into attacking positions by constantly making runs into the box from out wide. He scores the goals that he does because of this. He works hard back also, but his slight figure and near incompetence when it comes to tackling means he's not much more than a minor nuisance for the opposition defensively. But yeah, lots of running does equate to high workrate. What else?

What work rate? Running up and down the side line does not equate to workrate -explain yourself !

I'm sure with ProZone tracking the players every movement throughout the game it would be pretty evident that Pedersen probably does a damn sight more than running up and down the side line.

Do you think Hughes, Bowen et al are mistaken in their faith in him? Is Peter for all his tricks and numerous drops of the shoulder any better? Do you not trust Hughes to decide if he should be dropped/rested and if Peter is to be put in his place?

Pedersen's balance on the left whilst this season unspectacular and not backed up by a plethora of goals has been OK. Both he and Bentley provide something Rovers haven't had properly since Wilcox and Ripley and that's 2 wide midfielders who can get the ball to the strikers acurately. They may not beat a man all ends up and hit the goal line but the crosses in the Liverpool and game and occasionally in the Krakow game created numerous half and full chances.

Well it's all about opinions , I never thought I'd say this but give me Jason Wilcox anyday.

Everyones favourite now he has gone. Pity he was barracked mercilessly whilst he was here.

Arent we lacking in midfielders enough without having talk of loosing another first teamer?

I am really getting p****d off with newspapers and websites such as SkySports trying to set us up for loosing out regular players.

They were the ones who set up Craig Bellamy's departure by constantly mentioning the fact that he had 'supported Liverpool since childhood' and that 'Liverpool were interested considering his release clause if a offer high enough came in.

They have also constantly linked our players with moves away hugely more than any other team/teams in the league.

For example:

Brad Friedel to united before they signed Edwin Van der Sar

Ryan Nelsen to Pompy last summer

Robbie Savage to Wigan

Lucas Neill to Barcelone, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle

Andy Todd and Dominic Matteo to Sheffield Utd

Tugay to Galatasary

Steven Reid to Spurs

Brett Emerton to Boro (yes i know they made an offer but when Mark Hughes was offering Brett a contract SkySports were saying he would refuse and wanted to leave which wasnt true at all)

Gamst (ok he hasnt been on form but this is just another example of the tabloid media trying to unsettle a team playing well)

Michael Gray to Sheffield Utd (ok i know he has gone awol from the first team in recent weeks but the level of stick he got from SkySports when he had his 'bust up' with Wayne {the porkpie} rooney was OTT)

Thats nearly the whole of our squad in the first couple of months of the season, excluding players we have just signed e.g. Ooijer, Benni, Jeffers and Roberts..!

Im just waiting patiently for the next completely nonsense storylines:

- Benni wants to leave Rovers due to bad memories of racism!!

- Bentley wants to leave to show ambition for England Internationally

- Roberts unhappy about not being played as much as Nonda asks for transfer!!

- Franny Jeffers goes Awol from Rovers to go to alcohol and pork pie rehab!!

Does anyone else get a bit concerned about all the negative attention we get from the media??

Archived