BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

I think the majority of contributors to the message board grossly underestimate Pedersons allround contribution as a hardworking midfielder. I was surprised when Gallagher was brought on for Pederson in the Chelsea game. I thought this weakened the team. Pederson's free kick was one of the few real chances for us in the match and he was unlucky not to score. When you see a team like Chelsea who can defend really well it reminds me how you need a touch of real class to break through.

You mean the one that took a huge deflection because a poor wall allowed it through whereas a good wall would have stood firm and seen it not get anywhere close to the goal? Quality free kick indeed. I think he does contribute to the team, right now he is the one being picked on, but we don't have to praise something that was less than mediocre.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is certain is that the Norwegian 'popstar' needs an almighty kick up the arse. His corners and freekicks have been awful so far and besides them has done bugger all else.

A spot of warming the bench will do to give him a wake up call he needs , give a Gallagher a chance as he has played the left hand side previously.

Maybe then we might see some rejuvenation in him unless he is also carrying an injury of some sort (if so he shouldn't be playing - much the same as Reid , but to be fair he does look like he is carrying an injury imo).

Quit making excuses for him, when was the last time he had an excellent overall game for rovers?

Not making excuses just going off what I see - Reid doesn't look fit in comparison to MGP who just doesn't look anything at the moment

Or could it be what I mentioned after the Pompey game where everything might not be as rosey in camp as we are led to believe..... :(

If Pederson gets dropped then so should Reid, as they both look like there either unfit or carying injuries...

Difference is, Reid can - even on a bad day - help the team defensively with tackling, strength and athletism, whilst MGP can't. He can run, sure, but he's lightweight and can't tackle - which is why Reid is more important.

Difference is, Reid can - even on a bad day - help the team defensively with tackling, strength and athletism, whilst MGP can't. He can run, sure, but he's lightweight and can't tackle - which is why Reid is more important.

MGP did a very sound defenive job in Saturdays game vs Hungary.

Prediction is coming true. Mr.Awol needs completely dropping from the squad.

Very early to say your prediction is coming true. He's not scored any yet, but it's 4 games in with 34 to play. Hughes clearly isn't losing patience with him as he didn't even sub him yesterday when Peter was on the bench, so to suggest he'll be dropped altogether is a little previous.

You might be right at the end of the season, but it's far too early to start patting yourself on the back with "told you so" posts. You seem to be suffering from premature predictulation. ' :rolleyes:

He was absolute rubbish against Sheff Utd and has been extremely under par this season. His set pieces have been poor, either his corners hit the first man or they were aimed right at the goalkeeper who just caught them easily.

Doesnt seem like his focus is there for some reason, with wayward passing, quite characteristic in his game yesterday.

Prediction is coming true. Mr.Awol needs completely dropping from the squad.

from the squad? And would that not have no impact on the morale of the team? Gamst is playing poorly, he's not the only one and some fresh faces in the starting line-up might be no bad idea.

I agree, bring Peter in or Steven Reid, with Bentley moving to the left. It's not enough to score a few goals a season, no matter how spectacular and contribute little else to the team. Hughes has to make the decision to bench him and with the way that he's been playing, it shouldn't be a difficult one.

I'd give MGP one last chance at Salzburg (they will have probably seen the goal in Hungary) but no way would he start against the physical challenges of Man City unless he turns in a MoM performance in the UEFA.

ProZone is seeing what the rest of us are seeing judging by the comments prior to the Sheff U game so presumably it saw the inept performance at Bramall Lane as well.

The point at which Hughes keeps giving Gamst games to sort it out must surely be nearly over.

It can only be because Gally and Peter are not yet convincing on the training pitch and the Reid injuries/Tugay suspension that Gamst has survived this long.

I think a prolonged rover6 campaign to get MGP restored to the side is looking inevitable.

I cannot believe anyone that has watched the team this season thinks that MGP should be anything other than dropped (preferably from a great height). We've been playing with 10 men and waiting for the one spectacular goal is no longer worth it.

He needs boxing training- or failing that to be hit repeatedly until he fights back- give Andy Todd the job. Actually that would be counter-productive because with the amount of courage Gamst has shown this season he'd end up wetting himself and blubbering on the floor before Andy even came near.

And ANYONE still thinks we shouldn't have sold him to Spuds and got the money to buy Duff back??????????

Archived