BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5m

he is extremely popular throughout Scandinavia.

MGP delights in telling any1 who'll listen - he's the 'Norwegian david beckham- and it seems as though, for once, rovers are using MGP as a 'marketable commodity.'

i hope is a sign of - 'the penny dropping.' rovers have shockingly overlooked the marketing side of football, since our title win.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is extremely popular throughout Scandinavia.

MGP delights in telling any1 who'll listen - he's the 'Norwegian david beckham- and it seems as though, for once, rovers are using MGP as a 'marketable commodity.'

i hope is a sign of - 'the penny dropping.' rovers have shockingly overlooked the marketing side of football, since our title win.

Personally, I think the guy was playing through an injury and never had a chance to refind his form, he was also targeted as clubs got wise, for me he is still a great player and I'm chuffed that he's committed to us, now it's time for our other "Stars" to step up to the plate and sign up themselves.

If you were at The Old Trafford Metro's when he lashed the winner in you would would say the same, he is class.

(He has legendary status anyway due to scoring against the dingles)

:rover:

If you were at The Old Trafford Metro's when he lashed the winner in you would would say the same, he is class.

:rover:

i was there and i do think he's class. for his goalscoring exploits alone, he deserves more credit (from the pessimists)

Great news that M.G.P has signed for us for another 4 years, i hope he will prove all the fans who were calling him late next season. He has already done a great job for us and we are very lucky to have a player like M.G.P in our team

you won't belive what I've just seen :blink: pedersen starring in a music video :o

Yeah, OK, that’s all very well but if Pederen’s singing career take’s off and he becomes a successful pop star (like Chris Waddle) what are the implications with regards to the new contract he’s signed? Is there a clause that’s allows him to walk away when he has sold his 100,000 single? I’ve got to ask but why has this, again, all been covered up by the LET, The Echo and Grooby? :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet again MGP plays poorly, all beit in a friendly. When was the last time MGP had an all round very good or even good game?, I dont think anyone can answer that. MGP's goals cover up the fact, apart from his goals his does nothing in a game. If Mido joins he'll still try and shoot from corners all the time. He wont score more then 5 goals this season, teams will have sussed him out. I can see him being dropped and Peter replacing him when Hughes' patience wears thin with constant non shows.

If only Hughes had flogged him to Spurs when he had the chance and used the cash bring Duff back.

Feel free to come back to this point at the end of the season.

*Puts on flame proof suit*

Yes, of course, Hughes should have flogged MGP to Spurs. That would have sent out a good message to the Rovers players who are pondering over new deals. Out Bellamy and Pedersen, two of our better players of last season - Portsmouth and the Spurs bench might've looked more attractive prospects to Nelsen and Reid respectively.

And then Hughes should've ploughed the money back into a bid for Duff - and then been turned down by Duff.

:unsure:

OK, Pedersen's performances are up and down. He's not a genuine winger as Duff is. However, he is effective (he contributes assists as well as goals). He's still young and under Hughes keen eye, will hopefully improve.

I think MGP is a bit of a cross-roads in terms of what player he wants to be. Does he want to be a Freddy Ljungberg-type, buzzing around the box and getting goals but rarely crossing the ball from the flanks. Or does he want to be a Beckham-type, staying out wide and delivering crosses after minimal touches (and not scoring as many goals).

It stands to reason that if he's always getting in the box to score goals, his effectiveness as a creative winger is reduced. I don't think we can expect him to perform both roles - name a winger who scores 'poacher' goals on a regular basis but is also on the flanks whipping in cross after cross?

name a winger who scores 'poacher' goals on a regular basis but is also on the flanks whipping in cross after cross?

There isn't one that i know of, even Giggs in his prime was never a poacher and he used to be up and down the flanks crossing and trying to get in the box when the ball were on the other flank.

Archived