BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pubescent Cheerleaders Next Season

Cheerleaders  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Half time cheerleaders. Kids ? Adults ? At All ?

• Yeah. Regardless of age
    • No problem with older teens, but not 10-14
    • Go for it. But over 18 only
    • No No No ! Cheerleaders regardless of age are a bad idea
    • I'm either at the bar or not at the game, so don't care
    • Only if Lee Grooby is the lead cheerleader

Mentioned in last night's programme that Rovers are looking at recruiting 'cheerleaders' for next season at Ewood,as if the atmosphere aint ruddy bad enough.....embarrassing!!!!

Discussed here on official MB.

Sorry to sound sexist but there is no place for 11 yr old children dressed up in hot pants,its not funny or amusing.....A BIG NO THANKS!

:angry:

Whatever happened to the good old local schools penalty competition at half time?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:blink: Oh dear. Unpleasant and embarassing. :angry:

And that's just the brass band. A bad idea if you ask me, I'm sure a show of hands at the next match would indicate that the majority of people would want the cheerleaders to be 18 and over. In fac we would probably sell more season tickets, and BRFC tissues (yeah, I know, they don't sell those in the club shop do they - perhaps this is another area for stuwilky to explore? "Rovers Wipes"?).

There is a Fans' Forum scheduled for 30th April and one of the main topics will be how to improve atmosphere on match days. From the few comments above it sounds like cheerleaders aren't that popular, but what other ideas do fans have?

just read at the official message board that they are advertising for 10-14 year olds...leave it out then!

10-14 year old? HA HA HA lol!! It could be children school talent show level! so poor......(like Burnley's cheer!)

Nobady enjoy it!(except cheer's children's families! :lol: )

If they bring high-level professional cheerleading (ex;Dallas Cowgirls etc...), it's not so bad. but I don't think to suit it for Rovers.

cheerleaders will not make one iota of difference to 1) the attendance and 2) the level of support that is given on matchdays. also, i am not a big fan of watching young girls parading round the pitch with short skirts on etc etc. at the ages that are being banded about, they shouldn't be wearing that sort of stuff anyway. for me if this was to happen, the club would be promoting something that these kids are way to young for!!

Good idea Capt. I'd be happy to see the return of the half-time penalty shoot-outs. I never had the opportunity to take part as I didn't go to a Blackburn School.

Any readers get the opportunity to take part?

Sorry to sound sexist but there is no place for 11 yr old children dressed up in hot pants,its not funny or amusing.....A BIG NO THANKS!

You could have said you don't fancy 11 year old boys in hot pants either, thereby eliminating the need to pre-empt accusations of sexism. ;)

A big no thanks to the whole cheerleading idea. It's terrible and I never even get to see what happens at half-time. Do some sort of competition of whatever nature (excepting the raffle that I assume already happens) that will have people interested and get the crowd involved.

As I watched two full-on weirdos play invisible tennis at half time on Wednesday, I said to my mate that they should bring back penalty shoot outs for half time. They were ace-I think the reigning champions are Darwen Vale!

Trouble is they would be competing for attention with the ale, but the TVs could still show them in the concourse.

Everton have a crossbar challenge thing at half time too which is usually entertaining.

Maybe we could try and have fans involved , how about a huge game of British Bulldogs on the pitch?

If wet-indoors.

You could have said you don't fancy 11 year old boys in hot pants either, thereby eliminating the need to pre-empt accusations of sexism. ;)

A big no thanks to the whole cheerleading idea. It's terrible and I never even get to see what happens at half-time. Do some sort of competition of whatever nature (excepting the raffle that I assume already happens) that will have people interested and get the crowd involved.

Here here on the no cheerleader sentiment. Quit trying to be American. Next will be a hot tub in the stands (brought to you by FedEx) and a 7th minute stretch.

Good idea Capt. I'd be happy to see the return of the half-time penalty shoot-outs. I never had the opportunity to take part as I didn't go to a Blackburn School.

Any readers get the opportunity to take part?

I took part one year - missed both!

Archived