BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs V Rovers

Really, Refs just aren't very good in the Prem - it's no conspiracy, they just suck.

Didn't the fact that Poll was considered the best they had to offer and gave 3 yellows in the World Cup show anything about the quality of the officiating in England?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a conspiracy, mmm. OK so maybe the FA and the refs are not having clandestine meetings BUT the FA is not coming out to let the ref's know what they are doing is crooked are they? By their willingness to ALLOW this slanted officiating to go on then they are part of a bigger more sinister plan. Ever heard of lying by omission. Sometimes it's the unspoken word that rings loudest and truest.

Hey, it's not just us fans of ALL clubs outside the top 4 and a few media darlings such as Spurs and Wham see what is really going on. I think some of us just don't want to admit that the sport we love is tainted, almost criminally so.

And presumably when the Great Linesman Devine was asked "Was it clearly a goal" by the ref..he said "YES"!

No conspiracy..he just doesn't like Rovers..or Wigan.

You cant appeal two yellows.

Did not know that. *tut* women eh? Know nowt about owt about football. I'll be asking someone to explain the offside rule next :P

And modes - who on earth appeals a yellow?! I guess Real Madrid can do whatever they like. Can you just imagine if we tried it? We'd just get laughed at.

Really, Refs just aren't very good in the Prem - it's no conspiracy, they just suck.

Didn't the fact that Poll was considered the best they had to offer and gave 3 yellows in the World Cup show anything about the quality of the officiating in England?

At least the good news is, or so I've heard somewhere, Poll is retiring from 'Reffing'. Time to promote another sub-standard Ref to the Premier then.

Did you know, that as of now, only Spurs, Chelsea and United have scored more away goals in the Prem this season then Rovers.

Fact.

Did you also know that as of now, only Man C, Westam and Wiggn have lost more games at their own ground in the Prem this season than Rovers?

Fact.

Someone else want to do the conclusion here? (It's pretty obvious). :)

Did not know that. *tut* women eh? Know nowt about owt about football. I'll be asking someone to explain the offside rule next :P

And modes - who on earth appeals a yellow?! I guess Real Madrid can do whatever they like. Can you just imagine if we tried it? We'd just get laughed at.

I didnt know you were a woman! :ph34r:

if she has a pulse shes hot enough for me....stu stu stu haahaha is that for real?

oh aye! Here we go. The least little mention of the fairer sex and Abbey is on the case. It's like a shark smelling blood from a mile away :rolleyes::P talk about going off topic!

I dont think they are bent either (JD excepted maybe) ..... but I'm certain that they are weak individuals who are afraid of upsetting the established heirarchy.

I was going to put that on my post.

IMO Roberts first "infringement" was an extremely minor contact and barely a foul let alone a yellow. Then after that I didn't see anything to warrant a yellow when you see players of the "big four" bellowing in the faces of the ref week after week without even a ticking off.

Would Rooney, Drogba, or Henry received even a yellow? The answer is no.

It's something the fans of the "other 16" need to really pick up on and bring to the fore.

Right this is really simple...

1. Find a match(es) where Styles was verbally abused by a player and NOT sent off.

2. Note that players skin colour.

3. Do Styles for racial discrmination. No more Styles and refs are as afraid of Rovers as they are of the big 4 and we start getting decisions go our way for once.

Yes Roberts wasn't that great but I reserve my greatest critiscism for Benni. I am going to nickname him the penis...

--- He gets in the box, shoots, hits the spot then goes limp, turns over and goes to sleep. ---

It's like "I've scored a goal, earnt my cash, job done, goodnight..." Hughes should just take him off as soon as he scores cos you just know he isn't going to do very much for the rest of the game. Trouble is he's scored 20 odd goals this season and everyone thinks he's great, me too, but it could have been 30 or 40. He's only had one game where he's scored more than once and I think that was a penalty anyway.

It's like "I've scored a goal, earnt my cash, job done, goodnight..." Hughes should just take him off as soon as he scores cos you just know he isn't going to do very much for the rest of the game. Trouble is he's scored 20 odd goals this season and everyone thinks he's great, me too, but it could have been 30 or 40. He's only had one game where he's scored more than once and I think that was a penalty anyway.

Heavens above. If he could score 30 or 40 goals a season for a team like us he could be the greatest player in the premiership.

The man has done brilliantly, don't wish your life away. I'd like him to do some things differently, and part of his success has been due to the quality of the support from the wide men, but the raw facts of it is that he has scored more goals for us than anyone could have envsaged at the start of the season.

oh aye! Here we go. The least little mention of the fairer sex and Abbey is on the case. It's like a shark smelling blood from a mile away :rolleyes::P talk about going off topic!

dont go in the water then...dedeedaddeeeeea

Or the press. I'm begining to think it's the journo's who run our game.

I was including the press and media along with the big 4, the FA, The Prem etc. In fact any of the groups hungrily feeding off the rich pickings annually provided in one way or another by the Prem and the Champions league.

Archived