BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs V Rovers

Stiles just confirms his reputation as one of (if not outright) worst referees in the league.

You just knew Spurs would score after Samba hit the bar. After that we were hanging on a little. I don't understand what Nelsen thought he was doing for their goal. If he stood his ground (as he will have been taught) then Tottenham don't score. Lunging for the ball in that situation was ridiculous.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a fool! It was NEVER a yellow card, the second yellow was just the ref being a complete idiot!

So You think its completely ok to scream at the ref, and get a second yellow ??

Dosnt matter if it was a yellow or not. That is a stupid thing to do !

Rob Stiles abysmally bad as a referee.

We took the game to them but the miss that sticks in my mind was the MGP volleyt near the end which he skied for a throw in.

Obviously MGP doesn't want any summer holidays- first the miss against Chelsea then that. Scoring either of them would have won UEFA qualification.

Benni magnificent as were Samba and Nelsen.

At least Roberts misses the next match! :D He's been awful all game, terrible terrible control, he's skill and technique remind me so much of Kuqi.

The first post I read after a decent match being spoilt by such a calamitous decision, is this utter drivel.

Disappear back to Burnley

Screaming at the ref?

Jesus, did I watch the same incident?

The first post I read after a decent match being spoilt by such a calamitous decision, is this utter bullshit by a half wit.

Couldnt agree more Stu.... Roberts was good tonight and as strong as ever.

If you want to pick anyone out to be under par.. look no further than Bentley

So Rovers didnt get beat and managed a point at white drab lane.

I cant grumble but from my seat the referee was as big a muppet as chimpbonda ! WTF does he look like with that hair do and gloves ? I compared him to a jester but that accolade went to the referee.

Rovers couldhave won it but we didnt. it now looks like we go Intertoto if we are to go into Europe again next season.

Not going to bother with player rating cause after the season we have had everyone of them are heroes and deserve a bloody good send off on Sunday.

:brfc:

Someone was remarking here that Styles had had a quiet game, so Roberts arguing gave him his chance in the spotlight. Missed opportunity by Rovers who should have been two up at half time.

A thin line between success and failure...Had Samba's header crept under the ball it could have been all so different.

Good performance from the boys, I thought we were getting pummelled in the last 10 minutes and we were visibly tired.

Now beat Reading, and hope Pompey dont beat Arsenal and we are there...

Obviously MGP doesn't want any summer holidays- first the miss against Chelsea then that. Scoring either of them would have won UEFA qualification.

Bloody hell.

If Pedersen had put that in the net it would have been a contender for goal of the season.

Yeah but those misses are hardly what cost us uefa qualification though are they? How about less injuries, less dropped points @ Ewood, less offsides by Benni/Nonda etc..?

SCREAM??? when?? I wouldnt like to be your bird if you class that as screaming

Roberts does have a very annoying habit of insulting officials. Some take it ; others like tonight reach for a second yellow. Mind you he had an awful game did Jason so probably Derbyshire on Sunday. Draw is not the end of the world as Intertoto might be fun.

Guest shoppybrfc
The first post I read after a decent match being spoilt by such a calamitous decision, is this utter drivel.

Moderator? I dont appreciate being abused! I was only stating my opinion.

Tonights conditions didnt help Jase as the strikers had to control the ball perfectly with the ball fizzing off the surface, as we know Jase has the worst technique and touch out of all our strikers. If you thought Roberts was good tonight I'm guessing you was watching the game by teletext or something.

Warnock and Emerton were excellent at the back, Brett's defending is improving all the time

Some of the comments Ive just read on here are totally out of order.

Excellent display by the lads tonight, cant complain about the effort. An entertaining game and a fair result.

Shame that the official didnt have any common sense, this was an end of season game where both sets of players were committed and striving for a european qualification, there were no dirty fouls and with the game virtually finished a foul for the first yellow would have been sufficient. Players are bound to get frustrated.

What gets me was, for anyone who watched the game last night, the tackles by Mikel, Eagles and Brown all get punished with a yellow card, but Roberts gets sent off and misses a game for that. The tackles last night could have broke bones. The Wes Brown one did. And yet you get more punishment for what Roberts did.

That can't be right.

As for the game i only caught the second half (well last 35 mins) and if we fully deserved a point we must have been awesome in the first! The front two were non-existent and the midfield kept giving the ball away. The back four kept getting caught out of position but Ill let them off due to the inadequacies of those infront. Sorry if that's out of order Alan but, believe me, the first half must mask the second.

Although "disappear back to Burnley" is a vile, disgusting horrible insult, I'm not sure it really needs investigating by the Mods.

Tonights conditions didnt help Jase as the strikers had to control the ball perfectly with the ball fizzing off the surface, as we know Jase has the worst technique and touch out of all our strikers. If you thought Roberts was good tonight I'm guessing you was watching the game by teletext or something.

Warnock and Emerton were excellent at the back, Brett's defending is improving all the time

Yet oddly, its OK for you to pop at others?

If you are happy to dish it out, then take it back. Failing that cling onto your mothers coat tails and head back o'er them hills to Dingleland, glad that one of our best players over recent matches is sent off. Prize pillock. :wstu:

Although "disappear back to Burnley" is a vile, disgusting horrible insult, I'm not sure it really needs investigating by the Mods.

:lol: :lol:

The lads did OK tonight. Any point at Spuds is a good result. It's the same old 'what might have been'

Fair result I guess. We had the better of the first half and they had the better of the second. Got back into it a bit when Derbyshire came on but didn't get enough decent chances after that.

Intertoto it is then!!

I actually thought Derbyshire was quite poor. Enthusiastic, but poor. Lost the ball needlessly under very little pressure several times.

Over two halves we didn't deserve to win, but I feel it'd have been three points in the bag had Samba managed to get that a couple of centimetres lower. Overall though, I thought we were rather wasteful. Poor passing or misunderstandings led to several wasted counter attacks, 3on3s or otherwise promising positions.

Archived