BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs V Rovers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering what will get you sent off, if you've allready been booked? If you lipread some of the things said in a football match there's a lot of profanity and such. Is there any wording in the ref's manual about this, i.e if you call someone genetalia, call his mother something nasty, or something offensive about appearance?

I'm wondering what will get you sent off, if you've allready been booked?

How's about "For ###### sake referee! That was my first foul and you've ###### booked me you useless ######! You've been ###### ###### all ###### season you hopless one sided ###### ######. In my opinion of course, you ######".

I don't care what was said, there was no need to send Roberts off in the last minute of that match. If it was Keene or Berbatov there's just no way it would have happened.

How's about "For ###### sake referee! That was my first foul and you've ###### booked me you useless ######! You've been ###### ###### all ###### season you hopless one sided ###### ######. In my opinion of course, you ######".

I don't care what was said, there was no need to send Roberts off in the last minute of that match. If it was Keene or Berbatov there's just no way it would have happened.

Anyone know if JR will be available for Sunday's game? I've got a potential £200 riding on him playing and keeping me top of my fantasy football league!

Roberts' sending off was the most ridiculous thing I have seen from a referee since Sylvain Distin was sent off at half time for not giving the ball back to.....Rob Styles.

Another encouraging performance from the Rovers, you have to be pleased with four points from back to back away games at such MASSIVE clubs. We lost our way in the second half, it would have been nice to bring a Dunn or a Reid off the bench, but injuries have stretched us too far.

The Times says that Spurs were 'Clearly the more talented and innovative team last night.'

Not too sure what match they were watching. But I though Rovers were the better side until Spurs scored and they had a late rally against us. If Samba had scored that header we might've got a deserved victory.

Just what Spurs have ever done to deserve such media favour I don't know.

Is it sloppy goalkeeping/defending , or just bad bad luck?

FA cup semi final, good save from Brad, but the rebound falls straight at Ballacks feet for a tap in. End of FA cup run.

Must win game at Spurs, good save from Brad, but the ball falls straight at Defoes feet for a tap in . End of UEFA chances.

Yeah there's a definite conspiracy! Didn't Rob Styles give us a free kick when Lennon caught the ball for deliberate handball?? In which case, why wasn't he booked! Good job it wasn't a Rovers player otherwise he'd have been sent off no doubt!

Yeah there's a definite conspiracy! Didn't Rob Styles give us a free kick when Lennon caught the ball for deliberate handball?? In which case, why wasn't he booked! Good job it wasn't a Rovers player otherwise he'd have been sent off no doubt!

I honestly don't believe there is a conspiracy. I believe it is more a case of their realisation that if they send off a Rooney or a Drogba for those kind of decisions (and sadly even a spurs player) the media will crucify them, and they will prob find themselves refereeing in the Championship for a few weeks - therefore they will always think twice before booking them. When the player plays for little old Blackburn it wont even be acknowledged, so they can follow the letter of the law without worry.

I honestly don't believe there is a conspiracy. I believe it is more a case of their realisation that if they send off a Rooney or a Drogba for those kind of decisions (and sadly even a spurs player) the media will crucify them, and they will prob find themselves refereeing in the Championship for a few weeks - therefore they will always think twice before booking them. When the player plays for little old Blackburn it wont even be acknowledged, so they can follow the letter of the law without worry.

What's that, if it's not a conspiracy?

What's that, if it's not a conspiracy?

A conspiracy is when people secretly plan together to do something bad or illegal - I don't believe this is a planned and agreed thing - its cowardice, pure and simple.

Anyway, I guess that effectively we are arguing the same thing. The question of whether it is pre-meditated, I suppose that by thinking about it in advance then it is. I dont believe it is an agreed thing between a group of refs and officials though, its just self-preservation on their parts on an individual basis.

I am intrigued as to how a certain Mr W Rooney can visibly swear and shout and scream at referee's EVERY week, when Roberts raises one finger to the referee and attempts to catch a stray ball, and gets a second yellow.

Absolutely baffled.

The more so as he didn't actually touch the ball. He put his hand up but a Spurs hand got there first....

I personally was very pleased on the whole with our performance last night, despite the media and some posters on here thinking otherwise. Going away from home at somewhere like WHL it is a bit naive to think that your not going come under some concerted pressure at times.

Our defence again was awesome with the vast majority of the team playing well. Regrettably I thought Bents did not reach the high standard he has set himself this season, in actual fact I even said as much at half time, that if in the second half we could continue in the same manner and David starts passing to one of us, we will do even better, sadly not much improvement.

I don't want to slag off refs again, because that's all I feel we Rovers fans end up doing, BUT Rob Styles!!!!! The Artist's free kick and booking!! Roberts 2nd yellow with seconds remaining, at which point I told him what a pathetic individual he really was (I'm sure he could hear me from my front room!). How much and where did all the extra time come from, or was he just waiting for Spuds to score the winner?

Anyway, our valiant late attempt to gain a Uefa spot is over, but again I was so very proud of my team. A remarkable season yet again for little old Blackburn Rovers, with the serious injuries and all the matches. I'm very excited about the prospects for next season if the nucleus with this solid defence plus Ooijer, last night's midfield plus Dunny, Roberto De Savage and Reidy, last night's forwards plus Bellers (?), could stay mostly fit and injury free I feel we can push on again next season. Oh of course with Sparkey too!

On a side note just been viewing some of the spurs boards & they are convinced they should go all out to sign MGP in the summer& Jol singled him out as our best player. I know many of you say we should still but imagine what sort of players sprky could bring in with an extra 12-15 million. As a few of the spurs fans were saying that’s the type of money they’ reckon they’d pay to get him, crikey if they offered 10 mill for downing and obviously desperate for a proven Prem left winger. Then im sure we would get at least 12m for gamst

You can't appeal but the ref can review his decision if hughes asks him nicely. Beckham got a yellow turned over the other week.

that was because a big team like Real Madrid told the ref to do so in the spanish league. This is the premiership, and its Rovers.

That is the first time I've seen spurs get any points that they actually deserved. Over the last 2 - 3 seasons we have been so unlucky against them, last night that was reversed. I thought the first half was dead even and, although we defended well for much of the second, they had the opportunities that really should have won them the match. Saying that, if samba's header had of gone in, it would have been a totally different story.

Quote of the season.

I thought it was a very entertaining game, bit sad we didn't get the 3 points, but on the all we got a draw against an excellent on form Spurs side.If Sambas shot hadn't hit the woodwork,then the story would be different, but after Spurs scored,they showed just what a good side they are.It's a shame a good game had to be spoiled by the sending off.

It's Intertoto or bust now.I find it hard to name a man of the match,i thought it was a good team performance all round.

Lets hope we are all in the party mood for Sunday.After a few years in the Riverside, I'm going back to Blackburn End next season,I've nothing agains the Riverside,I had a great view right on center line,but I'm missing the Blackburn End atmosphere

Not a conspiracy, mmm. OK so maybe the FA and the refs are not having clandestine meetings BUT the FA is not coming out to let the ref's know what they are doing is crooked are they? By their willingness to ALLOW this slanted officiating to go on then they are part of a bigger more sinister plan. Ever heard of lying by omission. Sometimes it's the unspoken word that rings loudest and truest.

Hey, it's not just us fans of ALL clubs outside the top 4 and a few media darlings such as Spurs and Wham see what is really going on. I think some of us just don't want to admit that the sport we love is tainted, almost criminally so.

Archived