BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

I agree,a job well done,and no injuries.

I thought My-Pa's goalie was excelent,otherwise it could have been over at half time.

I'm also baffled about Roberts attitude at the end of the game,very odd in deed.Maybe he's miffed knowing that come Sunday he''ll probably be starting on the bench again with Benni and Cruz first choices.I hope that's not the case,because players like Derbyshire accept the situation and just get on with it.

There's a rumour Gally is wanted at Stoke City again.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Roberts is having a huff because he hasn't been allowed to move to Fulham, so he can go shopping! Anyway, it's good to have gone through, although it sounds like it was uninspiring stuff. At least some of us got our wish and had a lot of the first team regulars rested and other players were given a game.

God only knows what was up with Roberts running off down the tunnel and I still find it a bit worrying that Benni wasn't included tonight (despite being on a booking)...bring on the deadline :unsure:

As for the game it was the same as the first leg with us totally in control and not needing to up the tempo at any stage. First half we put a bit of effort in and created a few chances that should have been put away whereas the 2nd half proved to be a training session. Of the two new boys, Rigters did ok up front but didn't look anything truly special and Olsson looked very impressive when he came on and seems a more than capable deputy for Warnock.

Heres hoping for a goodun in the draw tomorrow :tu:

Well as Hughesy put it "job done." Games like this really make you wonder about Europe. The gulf between the two sides was so great the match was pointless. It does not create revenue for Mypa, it costs Rovers a fortune to stage the game. Perhaps these lesser sides should have their own knockout competition till October and then bring in the major league teams?

Seeded teams coef. Unseeded teams coef.

------------------------ --- ------- ------------------------ --- -------

Villarreal Esp 78.374 FC København *** Den 19.129

Bayern München Ger 73.640 Litex Lovech * Bul 19.112

Ajax *** Ned 65.995 Toulouse FC *** Fra 17.706

AZ Alkmaar Ned 63.995 Dinamo Zagreb *** Cro 17.533

Panathinaikos Gre 55.415 Panionios Gre 16.415

FC Basel ** Sui 54.869 União de Leiria @ Por 16.107

RC Lens @ Fra 51.706 OB Odense * Den 15.129

Girondins Bordeaux Fra 49.706 FC Groningen Ned 14.995

Bayer Leverkusen Ger 45.640 1.FC Nürnberg Ger 14.640

Club Brugge Bel 45.594 Standard Liège ** Bel 14.594

Palermo Ita 42.808 CF Os Belenenses Por 14.107

Anderlecht *** Bel 41.594 Paços de Ferreira Por 14.107

Tottenham Hotspur Eng 40.618 Mladá Boleslav Cze 13.851

Real Zaragoza Esp 40.374 Petrzalka Bratislava * Svk 13.575

Rapid Bucuresti Rom 40.255 Aris Thessaloniki Gre 13.415

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 38.920 FC Twente Enschede Ned 12.995

Zenit St. Petersburg ** Rus 38.920 Groclin Grodzisk * Pol 11.609

Sparta Praha *** Cze 37.851 Vålerengen IF * Nor 11.509

FC Sochaux-Montbéliard Fra 36.706 Aberdeen Sco 11.064

Blackburn Rovers @ Eng 36.618 Lokomotiv Sofia Bul 10.112

AEK Athens / Sevilla *** 36.415 Rapid Wien @ Aut 10.104

Heerenveen Ned 35.995 FC Zürich *** Sui 9.869

Hamburger SV @ Ger 34.640 Metalist Kharkiv Ukr 9.726

Dinamo Bucuresti *** Rom 34.255 FC Midtjylland * Den 9.129

Bolton Wanderers Eng 32.618 FC Salzburg *** Aut 9.104

Austria Wien ** Aut 30.104 FC Sion ** Sui 8.869

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk ** Ukr 29.726 Erciyesspor Tur 8.791

Sampdoria @ Ita 28.808 AE Larissa Gre 8.415

Spartak Moscow *** Rus 27.920 AaB Aalborg @ Den 7.129

Sporting Braga Por 27.107 SK Brann Bergen * Nor 6.509

Galatasaray ** Tur 26.791 Anorthosis Famagusta * Cyp 5.492

Getafe Esp 25.374 IF Elfsborg *** Swe 4.478

Atlético Madrid @ Esp 25.374 AIK Stockholm * Swe 4.478

Everton Eng 24.618 FK Sarajevo *** Bos 4.190

Fiorentina Ita 21.808 Helsingborg IF * Swe 3.478

Empoli Ita 21.808 Hammarby IF @ Swe 3.478

Stade Rennais Fra 20.706 BK Häcken * Swe 3.478

CSKA Sofia ** Bul 20.112 Tampere United *** Fin 2.420

Hapoel Tel-Aviv ** Isr 19.338 Rabotnicki Skopje * Mac 1.925

Red Star Belgrade *** Srb 19.256 BATE Borisov *** Bls 1.540

Found this.

Well as Hughesy put it "job done." Games like this really make you wonder about Europe. The gulf between the two sides was so great the match was pointless. It does not create revenue for Mypa, it costs Rovers a fortune to stage the game. Perhaps these lesser sides should have their own knockout competition till October and then bring in the major league teams?

U.E.F.A Cup draw ,tomorrow,and Carling Cup draw on Saturday.

So plenty to be excited about.

I'm not sure how the seeding and stuff works,but if it's possible I've love us to get Ajaz,failing that Leverkusen again(we owe 'em).

Is there a regional element or top half v bottom half or are there pre-draws of pots?

Zagreb and Nuremburg are handfuls to say the least but a high pressure game from Rovers combined with Benni and Santa on song would crack them more easily than most Premiership oppositions.

Apart from those two, the rest of the bottom half list are about making sure of home and away wins for boosting the old coefficient.

I agree,a job well done,and no injuries.

I thought My-Pa's goalie was excelent,otherwise it could have been over at half time.

I'm also baffled about Roberts attitude at the end of the game,very odd in deed.Maybe he's miffed knowing that come Sunday he''ll probably be starting on the bench again with Benni and Cruz first choices.I hope that's not the case,because players like Derbyshire accept the situation and just get on with it.

There's a rumour Gally is wanted at Stoke City again.

roberts attitude was terrible for tonite if he is gutted for not being included then bloody well fight for your place.

we have 6 strikers so you have to fight and when you get a chance like he did today you have to take it and shine but he never so for me he shouldnt even be on bench for sunday.

Too much huffing a puffing for me even when ball is like 1 foot away from him.

Other than that it was alot better performance in the second half but first half was terrible to watch

I thought Roberts was excellent tonight but his body language told a different story, some issues there me thinks.

MYpa passsed the ball around well but never came with any sort of game plan, but we made hard work of things.

Oh well onwards and upwards....

Job done, although many chances in the first half were just not taken. Also credit to their keeper, he had a decent game despite them losing 2-0.

Tugay was class, Bentley and Pedersen had decent games. Good to see Richters get a start.

Looking forward to the draw tomorrow although an away trip will be out of the question unfortunately :(

Guest shoppybrfc
I thought Roberts was excellent tonight but his body language told a different story, some issues there me thinks.

MYpa passsed the ball around well but never came with any sort of game plan, but we made hard work of things.

Oh well onwards and upwards....

Excellent? he missed two sitters, and never looks like scoring when he gets a chance either.

• Backroom

Did no one else noice that Roberts' attitude changed when Derbs came on... also, when Roberts was in oodles of space and clear through on goal - Matty decided to take the chance himself instead of playing Roberts in (this happened quite a few times) it's no wonder Roberts got frusrated and stomped off at the end

Is there a regional element or top half v bottom half or are there pre-draws of pots?

Zagreb and Nuremburg are handfuls to say the least but a high pressure game from Rovers combined with Benni and Santa on song would crack them more easily than most Premiership oppositions.

Apart from those two, the rest of the bottom half list are about making sure of home and away wins for boosting the old coefficient.

No there is not. The countries which we could be visiting are

Denmark

Bulgaria

France

Croatia

Greece

Portugal

Netherlands

Germany

Belgium

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Norway

Scotland

Austria

Switzerland

Ukraine

Turkey

Cyprus

Sweeden

Finland

Macedonia

Belarus

Haven't read all through this thread, but I can't believe the rubbish being written about Roberts.

I thought he had a superb game, bar for the fact he should have scored a couple more.

Conversely Rigters was dreadful and it shows the importance of not letting Roberts go otherwise we'd be down to just three credible Premiership strikers.

Overall we made very hard work of it over two legs against a vastly inferior side but I guess it was mission accomplished tonight. We rested several players and still got the result.

I thought it was Bentley's best game of the season by far, conversely MGP had a stinker and simply didn't look up for it.

Roll on Sunday and the serious stuff.

think Roberts was down because it was a great chance to gain his place back and he struggled against a poor side, really srong player but not a natural finisher, also Derbs was shooting from anywhere and this pee'd him off

based on the game, Roberts probably still fourth choice and that will upset him

"UEFA have already done a pre-draw which means that Rovers, who are seeded, will face one of:

NK Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia

FK Mlada Boleslav of the Czech Republic

Lokomotiv Sofia of Bulgaria

Larissa of Greece

Hammarby from Sweden"

Would much rather not face Dinamo Zagreb. Obviously we'll have to earn our way to the group phase no matter what, but it'd be nice to avoid a truly difficult tie to assure ourselves the revenue and prestige of the next stage.

I saw quite a bit of the Zagreb v Werder Bremen games. When its flowing, the Zagreb forward line will give anybody serious trouble but the midfield is generous in conceding posession and defence has plenty of kamikaze moments. Atmosphere in Zagreb is intimidating but not as hostile as it could be- they took the stupid penalty conceded by Etto which killed the tie remarkably quietly.

We got a pretty tough little pot there overall.

I thought he had a superb game, bar for the fact he should have scored a couple more.

Conversely Rigters was dreadful and it shows the importance of not letting Roberts go otherwise we'd be down to just three credible Premiership strikers.

I thought it was Bentley's best game of the season by far, conversely MGP had a stinker and simply didn't look up for it.

Roll on Sunday and the serious stuff.

I'd agree with much of tis. Thought Roberts was making a real effort, one of the few who did, amd I'd guess his frustration is born out of knowing he might have had 3 or 4 but had to settle for a tap in. He showed one greta piece of skill down the right touchline, beating his man to put in a lovely cross and there was literally no one near the box to attack the ball. Rigters on th eother hand looks like he's come straight of the beach at Blackpool.

Given we used several fringe players, who presumably want a first team spot, I had expected a more pwoerful performance when we got a 90 minute stroll. But the important thing was to qualify and we have done.

I'm surprised the MyPa keeper is getting so much praise. While he clearly kept us out for long periods I'm not sure how much he knew about some saves.

Whilst Rovers ensured that they progressed to the next round this was no more than a pre season friendly, which did nothing to generate any excitment.

Not a good advertisement for bringing in bigger crowds to Ewood for European football.

To many players went through the motions of just doing enough, forgetting that people had paid to watch the game (be it at a reduced price)

Archived