BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"UEFA have already done a pre-draw which means that Rovers, who are seeded, will face one of:

NK Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia

FK Mlada Boleslav of the Czech Republic

Lokomotiv Sofia of Bulgaria

Larissa of Greece

Hammarby from Sweden"

Would much rather not face Dinamo Zagreb. Obviously we'll have to earn our way to the group phase no matter what, but it'd be nice to avoid a truly difficult tie to assure ourselves the revenue and prestige of the next stage.

I too would rather not face Dinamo Zagreb or Lokomotiv Sofia for that matter. Zagreb are by far the strongest team and if we were to play them away, it would be an extremely difficult game. I think we played Sofia away from home a few years ago and struggled against them for long periods, but won 3-1 in the end I think? The less traveling you have to do is always a plus, so a game in Sweden or the Czech Republic would be favourable.

My only prediction for this is MyPa-47 to kick-off the first half at Evens with Ladbrokes.

I really should start betting on this. I reckon it's a sure fire money maker over time betting on the away side taking kick off in the first half at Ewood.

Win's a win. I think we know why Rigters cost less that half a million and can we release Mr Squad Filler, Berner, because Olsson has shown enough promise to become Warnock's deputy.

Your jumping the gun a bit arnt you.

Rigters gets his first start - of course he isnt going to be match fit

Olsson has 15 mins and thats good enough for you

We need people like Berner for the squad and getting rid of them wouldnt do us any good at all

Your jumping the gun a bit arnt you.

Olsson has 15 mins and thats good enough for you

I've seen him play left mid as well. He has good close control, could go past defenders easily with pace, get to the line and put in good crosses.

Not only potential cover for Warnock but possible cover for Gamst as well.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread but how bad is Rigters at heading the ball?

I was going to bring this up after the Vetra away leg when he couldn't even flick headers on from Brads goal kicks - despite being in oceans of space. He seemed to duck out of it at the last second.

Scared of the ball? Inexcusable for a professional footballer.

Last night only backed this theory up ... on at least three occassions he rose for headers unchallenged and barely made contact, one of which should have been a goal.

Am I alone in thinking this?

How can you say that, he was hardly tested at all!!!

He showed promising signs given his age and made a couple of good bursts down the left...also looks reasonably well built and would prove hard to shake off. I'd rather have him deputising than Berner at present.

I am standing by to get slated for this, but I think My Pa are a reasonably decent side. They have some good players in defence and midfield, it is mainly their inability to score goals that is the limiting factor for them. They are not Prem standard by any means, but I would hazard a guess that they would make a decent Championship side, and if they got a couple of good strikers they could be capable of playing in the Prem (Wigan, WBA, Norwich, Sheff U. etc standard)

I base my opinion on the fact that in the first half My Pa tended to give Rovers too much respect in the first 25 mins or so, and as a result Rovers had all the posession they wanted and passed it around a lot, but at a slow tempo that comes from too much posession. Then My Pa seemed to gain courage and started to play more of an attacking game. They moved the ball around well in defence and midfield but did not create any threat on Rovers goal. Then in the second half it appeared that both sides had got their ears bent in the dressing room and we had a much better and higher-tempo game. Just my opinion! B)

I thought Roberts was really poor last night, maybe we are highlighting it more because of the terrible way he dragged his arse the entire match. Huffing and puffing when some missed exactly where he wanted the ball. Even the things he did right ended up at poor shots straight at their keeper.

His attitude stank all night, let him leave if hes going to continue this way

The result was all that mattered in the end. A 2-0 win safely saw us through the dodgy last game before round 1 proper.

I aint too fussed about the performance but the one thing I picked up last night was the lack of decent crossing from MGP and the fact that our crowds are improving.

13 and bit thousand for a non too plus game is not too bad even if it was a fiver for st holders. In previous years it could have been much worse.

Just glad to get it out of the way.

I sat in the Darwen End last night, as the queue was zero and I like the view of the Blackburn End and could sit anywhere I wanted.

gallery_1768_47_396637.jpg

Thoughts.

Rigters played like Kuqi, without the determination. Looked out of his depth!

MGP-loads of the ball, but crosses were poor, but this may be a reflection of the lack of any real interest from Roberts and Rigters, esp in the first half.

Roberts-played like the bad Roberts of this time last year. Poor touch, poor decision making, unlucky not to score twice in the first half.

Bentley-needed to shine and did. Well done lad.

The game was perfect for Dunny, but obviously needed a rest.

gallery_1768_47_297238.jpg

Very comfortable last night. We did what we needed and no more.

I have to say I'm dissapointed in Roberts. His body language was not good. He did ok, but some thing is clearly not quite right. He has a hell of a frontline to compete with for a starting spot - I do hope this isn't the root of his grumpyness. Acting as he did last night will not endear him to the Rovers crowd. This is a big problem for him given the relationships enjoyed by Santa Cruz, Mccarthy and even Derbyshire with the Rovers crowd.

Contrary to most people on here I thought Rigters had a decent game - more so in the first half granted. I think he'll be valuable as the season goes on.

Roll on Greece.

The first half was dreadfull and everyone except Bentley and Emerton was pathetic. :huh:

But I think Sparky must have givern them a good talking to at half-time and we seemed more in control in the second period though still well off our best however I think that was due to the absence of key players such as Sav and Santa.

Bentley's goal was superb and his performance well derserving of an England call-up. The "Bentley for England" chants did their magic! :D

Archived