• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team would be:

Friedal

Emerton, Zurab, Nelsen, Warnock

Bentley, Tugay, Mokoena, Peter

Benni, Ritgers

I don't want to see Ritgers playing on the right wing, because we all know that it isn't his position. Give him a chance up front, let him score a goal or two and get his confidence going. With a big game against Man City coming up, it's important that we keep players fresh, while at the same time putting out a strong team for this game. This sort of lineup is more than capable of beating MyPa quite easily.

Come on you Blues! :brfc:

Looks as though the 3 players on a yellow will be replaced for this game (Benni, Bentley and I think Savage).

Don't worry, at 10.00pm tonight we will be wondering what all the fuss was about (i.e who plays and whether we progress or not!)

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Ooijer, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Mokoena, Pedersen, Rigters, Roberts. Subs: Enckelman (GK), Santa Cruz, Khizanishvili, Gallagher, Dunn, Derbyshire, Olsson.

MYPA-47: Korhonen, Pulkkinen, Agboh, Kuparinen, Muinonen, Huttunen, Kangaskolkka, Miranda, Leilei, Mustafi. Subs: Luukkonen, Fofana, Marchis, Helenius, Puhakainen, Karhu, Peltonen.

From the official site. Samba, Savage and McCarthy are not even on the bench, Rigters gets his debut and Santa Cruz and Dunn getting some rest on the bench. Looks pretty good. 2-0.

Edit: seems that MyPa will start with only 10 men. Or their full back Kansikas is missing from the official site's list.

Really glad to see a few players rested and for Rigters to get a game. I felt that four players should have been rested before Sunday's game with City: Samba, Dunn, Bentley and Santa Cruz, but I suppose Bentley is probably the fittest member of our squad and he can always be subbed off if need be.

Really looking forward to getting a glimpse of Rigters :)

EDIT: I wonder if anything will be made of McCarthy not featuring in the 18 man squad?

I'm looking forward to seeing Rigters. I haven't seen him play for Rovers yet but in the European Championships earlier this year, he looked a good player for the future.

Snap. However, what we might get is him and Roberts being very greedy tonight to try and prove who is number 4 striker (I class Derbs as 3rd)

Snap. However, what we might get is him and Roberts being very greedy tonight to try and prove who is number 4 striker (I class Derbs as 3rd)

As long as they are greedy and get 3 goals each, i'll probably text Hughesy and tell him not to be harsh with them...just a tap on the wrist.

Archived